PDA

View Full Version : Tony Ferrante Jr. Last Ride?

FLAT OUT
12-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Was This Tony's Last Ride At Wall Stadium Last Week? If It Was, He Had A Solid Career As A Modified Driver. Good Luck.

Drumz1959
12-03-2005, 03:45 AM
If it was his last ride, then I've got to admit I'll miss the 31 on the track, but I find it hard to fathom TF sitting out on the local mod scene. The 31 has always been a part of the L.I. Mod squad. I don't know what the teams plans are, but I'd love to see the 31 run a 'Head schedule in 06. The 31 not running a full tour schedule is understandable when it comes down to economics. I just have a feeling we have not seen the last of TF, at least I hope not........... A True Class Act........
Eastcoastwebfx.com (http://eastcoastwebfx.com)
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

The Bullfather
12-03-2005, 09:05 AM
During the interview with Tony done during the Tom Baldwin Memorial video, Ferrante said this was going to be his last year racing. If that includes a full tour schedule or racing all together, it is beyond me. I was surprised to see photos of the 31 at Wall.

hollywoodmic
12-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I spoke to him at the Turkey Derby. I asked, is this the final ride?? He said yep.............this year, and started to laugh. I think you'll see him at the Thompson & Stafford shows and perhaps the Head. Tony Jr. and Tony Sr. class acts all the way. If they did stop racing it would be a huge loss for Modified racing.

Tower Man
12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I know I'll miss those guys up in New England. Tough being a Yankee fan when everyone around you roots for the Red Sox. Then the 31 would pull into the garage with it's Yankee logo and 8 Yankee fans would come out and for some reason , the Red Sox fans would quiet down.

I'll never forget the pit party up there when the 31 had a big T shirt on the back of the car that read, "The Red Sox Suck!".

Good luck and enjoy.

DAN D.
12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I know Jr has a boat that he does make time for and has been splitting up his time with that and racing. I have known Tony since I was 5 years old, racing quarter midgets with him (even bought the X-3 quarter midget from them back in 1973). Great guys and very good friends of the family. We trade body shop talk all the time..

TMAC
12-08-2005, 12:58 PM
The Announcer At Wall Before Turkey Derby Asked Him If This Was It, And He Replied, No He Would Be Back [a Tradition Thing]. Also, In Area Ato Racing Some Weeks Back, They Said He Was Going To Stay Close To Home And Take Care Of The Business And Also Race At Selected Races [Riverhead,Wall, Etc]

Tony, Whatever You Do, Good Luck With It, enjoyed Watching You Race.

RGeeProductions
12-09-2005, 12:19 AM
See LongIslandJam.com front page .....

Teds Race Tours
12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Fran, you've got some awesome pics from over the years. Thanks for sharing.

The Bullfather
12-09-2005, 04:15 PM
I really enjoyed the photos too. Also how long did Charlie J drive the X3???

W. J.
12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Charlie drove the X-3 in the Turkey Derby, in 1981??? He had loaned his car (less the motor) to Tommy Baldwin after Tommy's horrendous crash at the ROC at Pocono (thanks Alan H).

chrome horn
12-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Glad you guys liked. Hopefully as I get more stuff scanned, Richie and I can post more pics of yester year

RGeeProductions
12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
All I want for xmas is my horn chromed......
Sorry, off topic....

W. J.
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Oops, RGee's gone into a purple haze, LOL. :lol:

RGeeProductions
12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh yeah WJ and BTW, nice to see ya back. You make me feel young again......
Oh, again, off topic, LOL.....

DAN D.
12-10-2005, 02:16 AM
So, being off topic.. is having your horn chromed...... like having a golden dome?
Great pics, Mr Lawlor. Seeing Bob Punzi in the pic where you stated "getting teched" is a great pic and I think that's Gentleman Jim in the x 3 great memories