PDA

View Full Version : Just for Kicks....

NJ Chick
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Are there any stories behind why anyone has the car number that they have/had?
Tell us!

:wave: :cool: :wave: :cool:

Geno
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Well, not much of a big story, but when I built my car I wanted #10. I told my son Tyler (who was 5 or 6 at the time) that the paint scheme and number choice was his thinking he would pick #10 because I wanted to use it. He picked a red/white/blue car & the #50 for the U.S. & fifty states…. couldn’t turn him down, so #50 it was.

DAN D.
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I owned and drove the #63 charger division car in the 2004 season. It started when I was 4 years old with the #36 quarter midget, which was a lucky # that my Dad picked from someone in the late 40's and 50's when he owned 2 modifieds here on Long Island. I think the driver was Ed Doty? Then Mike Ewanisko had that # on his modified (Mike and I raced quarter midgets together for years) and he liked my #. So when I bought the charger from Sal Accardi Jr (Modified weekly driver) it was #93 which is 36 sort of backwards and upside down? The #36 was taken in the Chargers, so I reversed the # to 63, which is 36 backwards. I never knew it, but the #63 also was my brother's go kart # for 5 years 10 years ago. So there you have it 36, 63, and 93.

Racing Rebel
12-09-2005, 11:17 AM
The infamous 2am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-B Not 2 in the morning either. :disgusted Everyone knows that JJ is 2J well, when April and I decided to drive, we talked about the number, and wanted to stay with the number initial concept. The #2 (really because there was going to be 2 :drool: drivers and our initals were A (April) and M (Marissa). :rolleyes: Not because we were always out making trouble at 2AM like everyone thinks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marissa 2(drivers)A(April)M(Marissa)
P.S. The whole crew likes the number, and it has a reputation, so changing it when April's "fire suit went up in flames" was not an option. :lol: :lol:

Lad3der
12-09-2005, 04:03 PM
my number came from a couple of ways..
the first and main way was i wanted a way to make a tribute to my late grandfather who was always there for me. so when i decied to race i was gonna go with my lacrosse number (17) which was taken at the time in the chager divison so that left me in search of a number. so i thought about taking the first number of mine and my grandfathers fire department badge numbers. so my badge number is 353 and his is 218 so in taking to two numbers it gave me 32.
the second came after i realized that the number was 32, io then realized that it was also the address of my race shop/grandparents house.
so theres the story of the redneck racing enterprise # 32

17Racer
12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
When I first started, I always liked the #10 because that was the family Number (my Uncle Russ and cousin Paul), but when I started, Paul still had the #10. But I always liked the way a #7 looked on a car, so I put the two together, and there it was, #17, and it has been that way ever since :cool:

richardpetey
12-11-2005, 04:46 PM
It all started way back when a number of peculiar circumstances and life observations initiated the symbols that formed the foundation of my current racing digits................ :help:
I have always noticed that 4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions................... :confused:
While enduro hunting in South America, I was confronted with 4 angry pygmies and 3 hungry cannibals and 43 missionaries came to my rescue....................... :eek:
I had always wondered if 3 clocks are hungry do they go back 4 seconds..................... :rolleyes:
I never paid my $43 exorcist fee and I got repossessed............. :disgusted
My home planet was the 4th from the 3rd sun and I was finally abandoned/returned on earth on my 43rd abduction....................... :(
My biological clock was not started on 4/3/43............... :mad:
Now! The paint job, thats another story........................ :lol:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

W. J.
12-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Isn't the paint job 4 parts red, 3 parts blue??? Or is it the opposite? LOL :lol:

richardpetey
12-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey W J, where and how have you been? They finally released you from the "Jam Correctional Institution", hehe................. :confused:
I told you the colors wouldn't "paint a petey picture", besides it takes too much time to get all the kids together for the "finger painting"................ :eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

wshultz
12-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah I know really where have you been. :cool:

W. J.
12-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been here all along, just not as often. November was a very busy month for me, catching up on all the things that 'fall behind' during racing season. Finally caught up with everything, even holiday decorating, so be good all, Santa's 'elf' is watching, LOL!!!