PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets....

Jones44
12-10-2005, 11:35 AM
About 5 minutes ago, I bought tickets for the Red Sox-Mariners game on Easter Sunday. The tickets went on sale 2 1/2 hours ago and I was just able to get through on redsox.com moments ago! Their server to host web traffic must really suck LOL. Much easier to get Yankees tickets.. thank goodness for Ticketmaster.

RGeeProductions
12-10-2005, 02:04 PM
RED SOX ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Go Yankee's!!!!!!!!!!

LongIslandJam
12-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Richie,

Remember Jones44 is a misguided youth, one of those rapscallions hanging out at the local shady White Castle...

So please forgive him... LOL

And I agree Red Sox ewwww... Yanks are ok. But Let's go Mets!

Jones44
12-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Hey, the Mets have and will always be my #1 team, but come on, except for opening day and the subway series, you can always get tickets.. how often have the Mets sold out Shea the last few years??

LongIslandJam
12-11-2005, 07:57 AM
More seats for me then:)

To be honest: who wants to see baseball at Shea with planes flying over your head 24/7. It's a pretty crappy ballpark, but what can you do. Mention a new ballpark in NY and everyone agrees its a needed thing, but no follow through.

Shea: http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/sheast.htm

New Shea?: http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/nymbpk.htm

Jones44
12-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Actually, Shea is my favorite stadium in MLB, for a couple of reasons: it's symmetrical (which I think may be one of, if not the only symmetrical stadium left), and the fences in the corners are among the deepest in baseball.

allhailunc
12-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Hey stop knocking our Sox there. I hear that next year the Yankees will, on occassion, be displaying their new caps with a giant "B" on it, just like their heroes the Red Sox, but their "B" won't stand for Boston, it'll stand for Balco :lol: :lol: :lol:

W. J.
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
A Balco "B" on their caps??? I guess if you can buy tickets to a Red Sox game, you can buy anything, LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LongIslandJam
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Symmetrical? Isn't the most beautiful things in nature assymetrical? I do agree, Shea is a throw back to the days of pitcher ballparks and in that manner I like it, but Shea isn't my fav by far. Baltimore's Camden Yards is a fun place and I enjoyed that park quite a bit. I would like to grab a game at the Brooklyn Cyclones stadium as Coney Island is always a blast!