PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Tennessee LM #84

Rubbin&Racin
12-11-2005, 02:25 PM
:wave: :wave: We just wanted to say hello to all from Tennessee and wish everyone a Happy and Healthy Holiday. We are settled into our new home and we love it here. Tennessee is beautiful, lots of Racing Tracks all around us and beautiful mountains and lakes and of course lots of cows and horses. People are so friendly and have really welcomed us to this beautiful state. I hope all will keep in touch, have a good season off and know we think of you all, love to everyone. Merry Christmas! :)

Love,
Andy & Jo-
Lokkeberg Racing, LM #84

LongIslandJam
12-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Good to hear that you have made it to Tennessee safely and everything is going well. Say hello to Elvis for me while you are down there :lol:

Mortgage Guy
12-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Is there going to be a new race car under the tree for Andy this year???? I'm sure he has been a very good boy.

Charlie's Angel
12-12-2005, 11:31 AM
:wave: Glad to hear all is well you guys. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas in the new home!!

Rubbin&Racin
12-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey Mortgage Guy!

Andy is headed back to LI Thursday to pick up our race car that has been stored at his parents house. Our crew set it all up for TN before we left all we have to do is get a crate motor, paint and letter and boggity, boggity we'll go racing, so many race fans down here and we should have no problem getting a crew. Have a great Holiday my friend and keep in touch.

Love, Jo- :wave:

Rubbin&Racin
12-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Angel, Good to hear from you, hope you and Charlie are well and give our love to Roberta and Jimmy. We love Tennessee, and I feel so at home here in the short 6 wks here. Keep in touch and have a Merry Christmas.

Rubbin&Racin
12-12-2005, 11:42 AM
HI JA!

Hmmmm, haven't gotten to see Elvis yet but we plan to go, still getting settled here, ya know unpacking is not fun, but we love it here. Long trip here hauling the trailer and 2 dogs but the mountains and foliage was so beautufl on the trip. Keep in touch and I will be sure to, say hello to Walt for me.

:wave:

Tower Man
12-13-2005, 07:43 AM
Glad to see you folks are settled in. Before you know it you will be saying, "ya all" and "I'm fixing..." and remember to invite us to the cement pond, when it's completed.

Miss you guys. Enjoyed driving your race car. I guess I'll have to go to Tennessee to drive it again.

Happy Holidays

Rubbin&Racin
12-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Tower Man....ya ..all come down when you can and hop into Andy's Race Car again, beautiful tracks around here. Yes getting settled and lovin it and the spirit of a Tennessee Christmas....still getting used to words here, it's not tired, it's wore out, not eating a hero, it's a sub, but we'll catch on. Andy is so happy here, smiling from ear to ear.

Love to you and your family.

Jo- :)

Charlie's Angel
12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
You just brought back some memories for me. I lived in Houston, Tx back in 78-79. I remember when I wanted a soda and they called it "pop", a wallet was a "billfold", a pocketbook was a "purse". It definitely was hard to get used to their way of saying things. Even the English teachers said "ya'll". :p Lucky for me I only had to stay for a year and half. :D

Rubbin&Racin
12-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Angel it is pretty cool, there is this awesome Country Store here and in the back of it is a 1950's Soda Pop Shop, they make burgers and fries and the old fashioned floats and it's all decorated in the 50's, a burger and fries is 5. bucks and delicious, love it and it sure does take ya back. Hope you and Charlie are well. Busy :lol: makin cookies for Andy's trip to LI for our Car, I know what a gal, unpacking, decorating for xmas and baking cookies...lol. Love to you. :wave:

W. J.
12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
You didn't bring the car with you?! Ah, any excuse to return to LI, I guess.
I learned all those wonderful words and phrases when I was stationed in GA for 2 of my 3 years in the Army. Even had a few native Tennesseans in the outfits I was in, had to learn 'thar' particular phrases and pronunciations too. Wait until you see how nice it is to visit where your 'native' language is spoken, LOL!
Have a great Christmas. My wife and I have friends who live in FL, but try to spend every Christmas in Tennessee. They say it's great, hope it is for both of you, also. :) :) :)

Rubbin&Racin
12-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks Walt! No we didn't bring the car the first trip, the trailer was packed with all our stuff from the house and it saved with a moving company, and believe me that trailer was packed to the top every square inch was used and it weighed lots too but we made it safe and sound with the dogs in the back seat of the truck and all content. The trailer parked here is a conversation piece, everyone stops by and chats with Andy so he is making new friends already. We'll get used to everything soon, they even burn everything here, when they clear property or clean up they burn, and no permits are needed. Love to you and have a Merry Christmas to you and yours. :wave:

Love, Jo-

Wheel Racing
12-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Wait til you get to the grocery store and the call the shopping cart a "buggy"

pinkswifee
12-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Glad you guys made it safely to Tenn., it must be nice there? I hope you enjoy your new home. God bless you guys.

DAN D.
12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Glad to hear from "ya ALL". Ya all come back, ya hear ? Thanks for keepin' in touch.
Dan Dombal

Rubbin&Racin
12-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey Wheel Racing, yup we did the grocery thang, we filled 2 buggies here and it only cost 218.88, Andy almost had fell over when I said get another buggy (haha) but he was smiling in the end when we had to pay, totally amazes us here....Andy says Hi and keep in touch. :)

Rubbin&Racin
12-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Pinkswifee....good to hear from you and how are you feeling these days? Tennessee is beautiful, the mountains, lakes, ponds, horses and cows all over, the ride here was beautiful with the fall foliage, we took the long trip just the right time to see all the beauty. Our dogs are happy, Nascar and StockCar feel settled now and they made the trip with no problem and now that we have un packed they know they are home. Andy is happy and smiling lots here. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Love, Jo- :wave:

Rubbin&Racin
12-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi Dan! Great to hear from you, as well as everyone else. All keep in touch we love hearing from our Racing Family always. Have a great holiday Dan and don't give the dog too many cookies. :wave:

DAN D.
12-15-2005, 01:07 AM
He has graduated from cookies he is up to 40 lbs. of food about every 12 days, I think I have a pic of BUDDY somewhere recently. He still maintains his 191-192 lb waist line and about 6' height.

MalvertyRacing
12-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Jo and Andy, So glad you two finally made it down. Hopefully it doesn't take long for you to adjust. Wow, groceries are real cheap there, I'll have to come shopping by you LOL. Eugene and I went shopping the other night and did not fill one cart (buggy) and it was almost that. Good Luck to the both of you, and keep in touch. :wave:

W. J.
12-15-2005, 10:12 AM
There you have it Jo, a whole new way to finance the race team: buy non-perishable groceries in Tenn, and ship them to peopple in other parts of the country. Just add $10 to each order for the service, and you'll have a great fund for your race team when you get back into that, LOL! :lol:

Rubbin&Racin
12-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Dan you had me rolling here with Buddies picture, oh my, he is cute but so big....HUGE!!!!! Has he stopped growing yet, you need a sponsor just to feed him...haha. :lol:

W.J., good idea about the shopping but I hate to food shop and spend the money, love to cook so ya all come down for supper instead and can fill your own buggies up at the grocery store. :p

Malverty Racing....Michele, we are adjusting and lovin it here, as for shopping, you have all those goodies to buy you have 3 boys to feed and 2 growing ones at that. Give me a call when you get a chance, would love to chat with you. :)

And to everyone....thanks so much for keeping in touch, this means so much to us and we love hearing from ya all!!!! :wave:

Love, Jo-

DAN D.
12-15-2005, 01:50 PM
They say he will stop growing about 3 years old he will be 3 next August, so maybe another 20lbs or so .. He saw your response on the computer and said that we should take a trip to Tenn. and see the Smokey Mountains and give him a few acres to run around on. He said he can't even break a sweat when we jog around the block.?? He also said they should come up with keyboards that are made for dog paws because every time he goes to type a response it comes out like this gjhgfd%&*h**^#@()7tiytrrfgyft

Rubbin&Racin
12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
:lol: Oh no if Buddie can't write and spell Walt will be correcting him so look our Walt....Buddy is a big boy to correct. Plenty of acres here, we have 2 1/4 and our dogs love to run, Nascar and Stockcar are totally enjoying this run they sound like a heard of horses running around the house, yes thats right I did say Nascar and Stockcar, see how bad we have it, hmmmmm, if and when next dog, maybe Winston Cup....or Hoosier...lol. Hope your Dad is doing better Dan and I love your humor. Keep in touch and give Buddy an extra cookie tonight from us. :wave:

W. J.
12-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I really don't see much difference between Buddy and Dan's typing, so there should be no problem, LOL! :lol:

Rubbin&Racin
12-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Thats a good one Walt, lol.

Andy is in NJ right now, he will be hitting the LIE soon so all keep a watch for the trailer and beep and wave to him. They hit snow and ice in VA last night. The weather is chilly but sunny here but they closed the schools because of black ice and the mountain roads.

K, keep an eye out for our Lokkeberg Racing Trailer headin on the LIE and off to Jamesport....thanks.

Love to all,
Jo-

Rubbin&Racin
12-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Well :applause: they made it to LI and loaded the Race Car up and are headed back home to :) Tennessee, short trip, long on the road, but they should be home by noon tomorrow with our baby. Thanks to all that beeped if ya saw the trailer...love to all. :wave: