12-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Looks like some changes for the Blunderbust in 2006

1- Rear axles

2- control Arms

Take a look at the rules for 2006
:cool:

Wheel Racing
12-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Do we really need the changes, or is it a way for some to spend even more $$ than they need to? We have to run stock body panels, but we get after market upper a-arms?? Strange :confused: How many a-frames will a 4200# Blunderbust use in a year?? Good luck.

chris061
12-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, they really had no other choice but to make it legal, since people ran their cars like this this past season. It should be interesting to see how the A arms hold up, you see them bend easily on a charger car, now they are on a car that weighs 1100 pounds more. I think it was a bad idea, the division was usually a green to checker class, but after this I think there will be a few yellows.
chris busick

Wheel Racing
12-11-2005, 09:09 PM
A few yellows might not be so bad, if it gives us more time to get to the front from the back.LOL Maybe some guys will get real good at changing a-frames as part of weekly maintenance.(oh yeah who really does weekly maintenance?)

Tracy87BB
12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Neal, maybe you could save one of them for your trophy... :lol:

art11758
12-12-2005, 09:50 AM
The rumblings I heard about the control arms last season were based on some sort of statement like "replacements are getting hard to find". To me that means a tough choice of either update to a more available chassis or really start hunting for parts. Since within the "summary" at the end of the rules the reiteration of the word "stock" was made clear, how will this all be enforced?? The idea of a fabricated control arm being legal in an "entry level division" seems not in keeping with that idea. To my mind that says put the ball joint wherever you want and just make it look good. Me thinks a more realistic rule would have been to allow a newer clip on older sheet metal. Perhaps from something that is currently available like 90's rearwheel drive cars. You know like Buick Roadmaster for GM and the Grand Marquis/ Crown Victoria for the Blue Oval guys. JMO

fastgal
12-12-2005, 11:53 AM
lefthander chassis sells stock mount type uppers

art11758
12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
For every chassis? It still doesn't solve the situation as I'm seeing it. The rules should continue to be written to keep things affordable for the poor man. That's how they originally read to me. To allow a fabricated aftermarket suspension part to assist a few isn't really doing a service to the many. Yes, there is, to an extent, some aftermarket stuff allowed (radiators & that cam rule come to mind) now, but this to me is an incredible disservice.

rabbid1
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
I haven't read the 06 rules yet , Does this mean we can run either or , Or just the Fabs ?

art11758
12-13-2005, 09:31 AM
It reads to me as either. If there were an "advantage" to be had though, which would you be inclined to run?? The rule simply states they are allowed. It doesn't specify a source, model, brand, etc. Or any particular eligible chassis. (Like for instance, if they were only allowed for the 1967 Buick Wildcat.) Which leaves the door wide open for really creative thinking. Which I am not opposed to. It is that kind of thinking that helps some guys do better with less. It just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the rules, like I mentioned in the earlier post.

VNYLGRFX
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
My understanding is it will be a one style production control arm like the Chargers have..... To be honest with you, these changes might work for better handling. We all know half the field can use that.
As for the beating and banging wheel to wheel every week, I would like to see how they hold up. Remember, the Blunderbustcars are A LOT Heavier than your average racecar.............. :cool:

fisherman
12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
The new rules will make your car work better. But are you allowed aftermarket brackets or just arms?

chris061
12-13-2005, 09:39 PM
The 'a' arms that the rules are referring to are the "charger" type upper 'a' arms, but the stock bracket has to be used. There really isn't much to gain by using them, since the mounting points must be in the stock location.

Tower Man
12-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Chris061 you are correct about the mounting. But what's next? Looks like we have a 4000 lb. late model. My daughter is going to have fun with this.

Kinda funny, all these special "racing" parts for a division that has a TOTAL pay off of $790, including sponsorship money. When does the ridicules rule bending end and common sense steps in.

Isn't it less expensive to go buy the $2 trophy and race as the rules state, or better yet, as they were intended to be.

So if I understand correctly, my daughter can use a Bob Bruneau modified motor in her car, get away with it all year and the following year it's a rule?

Like I said, my daughter is going to have fun. Me too...

chris061
12-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Well tower man. I guess it all depends on if your daughter or in this case you, know the right people. Cause if you do then you can have it passed.But is it worth it? I dont think it is,like you said the parts keep going up but the pay off ???
chris busick

Tower Man
12-16-2005, 07:36 AM
I used to know the right people if you know what I mean, but now, I'm just like you. I'll be away most weeks, but I brought on a crew chief who will keep it fun, cause that's why we do this thing called racing.

Ah yes, 141 more days til the first checkered. I hope we're ready. See ya at the winter meetings.

Wheel Racing
12-16-2005, 09:44 AM
...who might that crew chief be??
...which car did you end up with??

Tower Man
12-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Now why can't we just be patient? The crew chief is an old Figure Eight driver who happens to be a very old friend and close member of my family. Hopefully he will be fully recovered from his recent surgery.

I can see the phone lines lighting up from here.

310fig8
12-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Wow Tower, you peaked my interest.... I can't wait to hear who it is !!!! :-B

LongIslandJam
12-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Hmmm... :)

Wheel Racing
12-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Ah yes, 141 more days til the first checkered. I hope we're ready. See ya at the winter meetings.

Do we get the answer at 123 days?? Sounds like "sparkle" ?
I heard a rumor that you bought a Matlach Late Model and that your crew is currently busy draping the 78 Caprice body panels on it as a disguise :wave:

W. J.
12-17-2005, 10:12 AM
That's a very "Krafty" answer, Tower Man, LOL!

fisherman
12-17-2005, 11:06 AM
hey joe they will never guess that its really fig8 car

Tower Man
12-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Now 310, you haven't forgotten have you? Ah yes, a garage in W.B., "special hamburgers" and memories that have lasted a lifetime.

As to the what's...we'll see. Remember it's all for fun. And yes we've looked at a few cars, 2 Super Pro Trucks and a Charger. Went back to the Blunderbust everytime.

I figure it like this, the Blunderbust are a non NASCAR division. My daughter can take the green and pull in on the first caution. I then get in, go to the back and, you guessed it go racing.

Now doesn't that get ya thinking.

Now before everyone starts calling NASCAR, I'm only kidding.

Gravel
12-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Do we get the answer at 123 days?? Sounds like "sparkle" ?
I heard a rumor that you bought a Matlach Late Model and that your crew is currently busy draping the 78 Caprice body panels on it as a disguise :wave:

It's a '77 :lol: :lol:

310fig8
12-17-2005, 09:40 PM
So it looks like we will be making more memories. :)
Who's supplying the "special burgers" this time???

Tower Man
12-20-2005, 05:49 AM
We'll need a burger sponser. I'll start the process.