PDA

View Full Version : An idea...

BlingxBling
12-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Billy..as you had announced at the Banquet, party locations are becoming more and more limited. Between the lack of space provided at some places, a curfew, "wild" attendees, and astronomical prices for renting a hall has us almost hopeless for future parties. What are the chances of putting a facility right on the track grounds? Maybe we can organize a fundraising group throughout 2006 to raise money for an addition to the Speedway. 50/50 tickets, donations, sponsors, and dedication I think we might be able to pull off such a thing. The selling point to the other additional promotor, organization, and management would simply be saving money in the end. Can you imagine in 2007 having a banquet that would only cost everyone $20 to go? Or having a NEETS party event in the middle of winter or on a rainy day (we all know how the man upstairs likes to shake the weather up for us) that can run until 6am?

Racing Rebel
12-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey Bling,
That's an excellent idea. :applause: I personally do not forsee this happening though. :confused: Then again, I don't know how many of us can keep up with this partying thingy! :drool: :drool: Just one suggestion.......make sure we can have a good meal at @3:00a.m. Denny's in White Haven is getting to be a little far. (And we are memorizing the menu!)

Marissa 2AM

P.S. New nick name for Joe the photo guy.........................PROPHYLACTIC POSTER CHILD!!!!!!! LOL (Inside joke) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CJfilms
12-12-2005, 11:23 AM
It's not funny! I was up for 47 hours straight! At 5AM you have the tendency to nod off..... what the hell did I wake up to????? PROPHYLACTIC POSTER CHILD....did I snore, murmur, drool???, fart...? How did I get this name?!?!??

And why is it that every time I woke from nodding off, I awoke to nine other people looking at me laughing??????

That was a bad idea, staying up that late....long....whatever :wave:

CIN
12-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah and Mickey D's doesn't like when you order 80 chicken nuggets at 1 am.

Bling I think something at the track would be great, but the neighbors would probably hate it. Probably would have the same problem that we have on the Island....NIMBYism (not in MY back yard) Just hope Billy is successful in finding a place....Bling on 309 going from the Ramada back to 80 I thought I saw a bar on the right side. Forgot the name. I wonder if that place would be ok. Just a thought. I don't even know if it is still open.

Oh well...

Cin

CJfilms
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Dano's Pub, Cindy!!!

Not a lot of room in there, but it is a nice bar. Plus a bad parking lot!!!!! VERY BAD!

But the same issue comes up...2 am, the bar closes. If we had a facility on the track grounds, we could get around this rule. I've already discussed this with Billy, about building something at the track... You do have to remember one thing, this is Joe Cal's track, but even he doesn't own the land. We can't just build whatever we want. Also, there is a high expense for putting a new building up, not one that you would want to put out JUST for parties. If there is a way to put something on the track grounds, it would have to have multiple uses, such as serve as a garage or something more/else. There is no heating anywhere on the track, the towers and offices use small space heaters. To properly erect a building and accommodate it with proper plumbing and heating, there would have to be a need for such a structure.

I'm not against the idea, I'm all for it!!! But we would be looking at spending a LOT. The permits/rights to build alone can be quite costly, not even looking at the work detail going into the building. The cost problem is this...everyone says yes, build it, we'll all donate...NOW....when we start the fundraising, people do show, but never as many as we would need. Putting a price on the party, a cover charge, isn't a bad idea. But first we need permission, then an UP FRONT MONEY SOURCE!!!! If we have permission, we need the money now with the commitment to say "pay it back over time"...from the cover charges and such.

Not to get anyone's hopes down, but this is up to Joe Cal, not us, to decide. If he says no, it's over, no matter how much planning we do...

BlingxBling
12-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Dano's YEAH! I won't ever go back to that joint. An evening of hell, cell phone stolen with money and cigarettes. Photo Joe's car got hit in the parking lot a few weeks prior. I think i will pass. The owner is a *%$^&*#.

Cindy, I too have been looking for places. It is tough to find a place that holds 150 people in one shot that isn't kicking you out the door by midnight. I mean take for instance that firehall, great place, but once that clock strikes 12, the party is over. I know of some places that are closer to Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, but that is a hike from the track and those hotels in which most people stay at. No need to add to the DUI list. We shall keep searching. Besides with something at the track, being inside would restrict a lot of noise and lessen the chances of bothering the neighbors. I can just imagine what those neighbors think when we have pit parties lol. When that sun comes up there is about 8 of us still awake (Photo Joe is always one of them, damn pyro!) Mmm McDonalds. Ha-ha, my friends do the same thing. They would get them right before closing time though and ask for like 50 cheeseburgers. They would get yelled at all the time.

Marissa, nah there is always time for a party! Even being pregnant I look forward to going to see all the wild people from NEETS. Granted when this little one comes it will be a different story, but until then! Party on, he-he. Prophylactic poster boy, awww poor Joe. The poor kid could barely keep his eyes open while at the party.

Joe, of yes I am fully aware of how the whole thing works with permits and reasoning. My dad does the same thing for what he does for a living. I am aware that Joe is just another promotor, the lady who owns the track, well last time I heard she was in Florida. I am not saying this is going to take place tomorrow, although that would be nice, but I think it would take almost a year of planning and fundraising to get it started. A multi-use facility. Maybe get rid of that little payout shack that they have, put a space in the building for that, put it in a location that maybe new bathrooms can be accessed for both pits/grandstands. Get rid of those awful non flushing things they have know. It would add value to the track and be beneficial for everyone. As far as the heat issue, that's something you take care of in the process of building. Joe probably didn't want to spend the buck to have heat put in the tower when he built it.

I know I am looking WAY WAY WAY over my head with this because of having to deal with Joe C, and those who would say they will help and don't, the fundraising of at least $50,000, but I know what's in the little Puerto Rico area (Hazelton area, but for those who live there, know just what I mean) and soon enough I think we will be out of places to go until it is warm enough to maintain a pit party.

Geno
12-12-2005, 03:11 PM
The towers don't have heat...they are heated with portable heaters.

There's places around, just a matter of finding them!

CIN
12-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey, what about we just skip right to the end and have the whole party at DENNY'S. :lol: That way instead of worrying how drunk we are to go have breakfast we're already there... :)

richardpetey
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Yo Joe! You gotta have too much time on your hands............... :help:
The "prophylactic poster boy" comment was meant for the two discount house of lobotomy donors seated directly across from your sleeping quarters at Denny's............................... :drool:
In between snores, you gotta remember the wierd redneck that constantly woke you with his "death rattle" laugh ........................... :eek:
You know the guy! The one with more teeth than brain cells................... :rolleyes:
If you expect to take the trip to "Jr. Johnsons" Christmas party, you better WAKE UP or I'll leave ya in the exact change basket at the GWB toll booth............................ :D
By the way, those "Carbon County Critters" were definitely quality entertainment..................... :applause:
UNCLE PETEY................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
PS....Marissa and April better stop making me laugh, it took me an hour to eat my breakfast.................... :lol:

Racing Rebel
12-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Yo Uncle Petey,
Let's get one thing straight, YOU BETTER STOP MAKING US LAUGH!! I literally came a cough away from covering JJ with my soda. I don't even remember what we were laughing at, just laughing was funny enough to make us do it more. I even got sick when I got home because my food could not digest inbetween the laughs. It is the best time ever. I think Cindy is onto something, just skip the drive there and have the whole party at Denny's.

Marissa

NJ Chick
12-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Marissa, could you imagine the look on our waitress's face if the entire NEETS family showed up? :lol: She'd flip her apron right then and there! :eek:
You should have heard Uncle Petey on the way home talking about the Snowbank Bound Duo at Denny's...something about the story of Bo and Luke Re-Flushed.... :help:
Somehow you inherited the name of prophylactic poster boy by default Joe (see what happens when you fall asleep at the table) since that's such a mouthful :rolleyes: how bout we just call you P.P. Boy???
:wave: :applause: :cool: :D :lol: :p

CIN
12-13-2005, 02:41 PM
P.P. BOY? :confused: GOOD ONE CINDY. COULD THAT ALSO STAND FOR ... POKER PLAYER BOY? :lol:
POOR POOR JOE....FIRST BRITNEY...NOW PP... :rolleyes: :D

YA GOTTA KNOW WE LOVE YA JOE... :applause: :) :wave: