PDA

View Full Version : Get Well to Lou Dombal

LongIslandJam
12-14-2005, 05:24 AM
Lou Dombal, owner of some legendary Modifieds of the Freeport days is currently in the hospital with pneumonia. Also he's the father of the infamous "Diving" Dan Dombal...

Get Well Soon!

allhailunc
12-14-2005, 06:06 AM
a Big Amen to that JA.Get well soon Lou :wave:

BWR
12-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Get Well Soon Pop You Are In Our Prayers.

Vinny And Tammy

RGeeProductions
12-14-2005, 09:09 AM
A prayer goes out to Lou, Dan and his family.

broz
12-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Get well soon Mr. Dombal...

We'll hold a good thought for you and your family!

rockandrollcafe
12-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Dan- hope your dad feels better ASAP. If you need anything- get in touch.

DAN D.
12-14-2005, 11:33 AM
THANKS ALL FOR THE GET WELL WISHES.
here is sort of a long story but it is important on HOW people get seriously misdiagnosed, given wrong medication and thank GOD, there is no serious lasting problem with my dad, because of a misdiagnosis and given wrong medicine, just a info on STUFF that happens in hospitals .

My Dad is in the hospital as of 12/12 because of him gaining 10 lbs in 2 weeks (retaining water/fluids). I called the doctor 12/10 and set an appointment with the doctor and my dad 12/12. The doctor told me that he has to get into the hospital ASAP because his oxygen level was low (86). Lou insisted on driving to the hospital himself, Central General Hospital in Plainview. I went to the hospital last night 12/12, and the nurse that just came on shift 7pm took his vital signs and said temp. ok, which is good because he has a pneumonia. She started an IV sodium drip with a IV push and put him on "4" oxygen. My concern was that a high oxygen level caused a high carbon dioxide level (blood gases)which put him in A comma this past March. I also was concerned that the nurse gave him a IV with sodium, which causes water retention. Me and my brother went to drop off Dad's car at his home.
When we came back to the hospital, The nurse AXXX MXXX HXXX came to me and my brother and offered a apology for thinking, my DAD was Mr. Ragonisi? (I think that's the name she used or something like that.) My Dad has CHF= congestive heart failure and not a Pnuemonia, and she discontinued the IV sodium fluids and she said that she did not give him the Anti-Biotics she said that he was given already, she admitted she read the wrong chart and she did not do an identity/ name check when she came in. She said that the ER was busy with a lot of things, like heart attacks and stuff like that, she was sorry. He now is in Room #106, 516 719-3412 and he is being treated with a low amount of oxygen (2) and Lasix diuretics to remove the fluids. He is upset because he was not given anything to eat since 6 pm yesterday.
There ya go, the medical trained facility..that makes human mistakes that sometimes can cause people (loved ones) their lives. What if they did give him antibiotics that he was severely allergic to? What happens when the sodium bottle of IV went unnoticed and it "drowned him in fluids"? There are numerous things .. thanks for listening, and I just got finished speaking with the ER nurse supervisor RXXXX MXXXX in detaill and she said that there will be a internal investigation, and it will be written up as a medical mistake? I think that's what she said.

debbie33
12-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Dan I hope your dad is feeling better. These mistakes happen everyday and a very close friend of mine buried her brother a year ago because of a Doctors mistake a mis diagnoses and wrong medicine are to blame. The "I'm so sorry's" will not bring him back or the others that have been treated wrongly. So keep on them about this and make sure your dad shows anyone who comes near him, even if it is to take his temp, his arm band so they don't screw up again.

W. J.
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
All the best to your Dad, Dan, keep an eye on the hospital personnel, and you should have him home for the holidays. Sorry they only made things worse for him.

DAN D.
12-15-2005, 01:15 AM
I saw him today and they were gonna move him off the cardiac floor to a normal floor but he developed chest pains? He never had .. but while having lunch, he asked how did that girl do with your charger race car she won? I told him that Ken, her hubby, drove it a few times and the motor still broke up at about 6k on the tach and a rear control arm broke last time I saw it double hooked off the track.. he said, oh well better them than you ... I said yup I can't agree more than that, and there is a picture of the #63 charger on his get well board in his room... no get well cards, just a photo of the #63 that's signed to DAD love Danny, Thanks. Thanks again all. Yes home for the holidays is what I am wishing/ praying for.. :wave:

DAN D.
12-16-2005, 10:24 PM
doctor gave the ok and Lou is home insisting on being in his own home with his little pomeranian dog that i gave him years ago. a few new medications and he should be good to go. He will be 82 years old January 14th and I still picture him @40 years old running around the 1/4 midget track with the pull cord in his back pocket or around his neck.. Memory, what a beautiful thing.. Thanks again to all for your getwell wishes and prayers it works. His heart function is not 100% and that's what causes the fluids to build up. With the medicines, he should be able to be regulated.

RGeeProductions
12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
This is super great news Dan. Get him a REAL dog for Xmas this year....

unowho243
12-17-2005, 12:18 AM
get well soon mr. dombal!

BWR
12-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Thats Great News Dan