PDA

View Full Version : got some idea's for trucks in 06

Lad3der
12-22-2005, 09:52 PM
hey all,
some of you all might know me from the 04 season when i ran the #32 charger. since then i have been looking to move into the pro trucks. will it looks like this year might be the year, but thats a different story.

the reason i am starting this thread is because i need a list of name, numbers and email or phone numbers for all drivers in the pro truck division.

some might kow that i am involved in the neets series which has an involvement in mountain speedway. the plan that is is the works might make ever one happy. MORE RACES DATES!

You can get in touch with me at intense51@aol.com
put spt in subject

Lad3der
12-27-2005, 12:22 AM
where is everybody? I heard from one person. as of right now there are 3 dates posted on the Mountain site:sat July 1, sun August 27,& sat october 21.
get back to me to let me know if there is an interest in doing this.

Mortgage Guy
12-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Is this about the NEETS series??? If so, don't you think you would get more of a response if you put it in the enduro thread? If it's about adding the Trucks to your NEETS events, that seems like a great idea. I think the trucks would go real good at Mountain. Your post was a little confusing, that's why you probably don't have as many responses. Good luck..

Lad3der
12-27-2005, 10:56 AM
no, this has nothing to do with the enduro trucks. it has to do with the super pro trucks. the owner of valley service in PA. likes truck racing and would like to see a mini series up at mountain just for the super pro trucks. i hope that this clears things up. if there any questions, feel free to email me.

NEETS-1
12-31-2005, 09:36 PM
I'll tell you what's going on. I promote the NEETS series and am Co-Promoter of Mountain Speedway. I also do the scheduling and book the visiting series for the speedway.
I have had some truck drivers ask me to hold a special race for the trucks that run Riverhead and old ARTS trucks. I have asked my NEETS head flagger, Matt (who attends RH every week) to see if there is any more interest in running a few dates from your division. If there is, I have set aside a few dates where we will have them. If not then, I could bring in another division.
I have started a stock 4/6 cyl division in my NEETS series and it is a big hit. I predict by the end of the season, it will be as big as the other NEETS divisions. Everybody loves the truck...let's see if we can start a new found love for this racing in regular weekly racing in the bigger trucks.

Lad3der
01-08-2006, 01:08 PM
this little extra bit of racing looks like it is a definite. Billy just asked me this past weekend at the Neets race to tell everyone it's looking good for it to be a hit. he also asked me to make sure the drivers respond to me (email address in 1st post) to let me your interest.

Turbo
01-09-2006, 06:58 PM
The Turbush truck is interested, just gotta know how much to win, how many laps?

NEETS-1
01-10-2006, 12:49 AM
First, tell me what you normally get and normal laps and I'll take it from there. Let me remind you that it will take a concerted effort from all of you to make this successful. I have scheduled dates when you are all off. Let's try not to have many of the "let's sit back and see what happens" crowd, because then it will never get off the ground. We want to give the fans a show that they will go home and talk about, then want to see more.
Also, If anyone knows any old or current ARTS trucks that want to join in, contact them about this.
I will make my prediction now. If 20 trucks show, you can be assured that it will be a hit. If 8 or 10 trucks show.....it will probably be the last time.
I like the trucks and hope this works out. :applause:

W. J.
01-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Billy,
Super Pro Trucks at Riverhead run 20 lap features, no heats due to less than 20 entries. Average is about 12 per event, but has gone as high as 14-15 during one week in 2005 season. We have 21 driver's registered at LI Jam. They put on a good show, very competitive racing, with very few 'runaway' races, and many side by side, down to the wire finishes. If the event were $pecial enough, I think you could draw a field of 18 or more, with enough in$entive put forward, LOL. Add any interest from the ARTS trucks people, and you could draw a decent field.

Only other consideration is that a few SPT drivers from Riverhead also compete weekly in other divisions there, and may not attend an event scheduled for a Saturday night, due to points races in those divisions.

Tower Man
01-10-2006, 07:17 PM
How about this...

A few years ago, the Riverhead Figure 8's were going to run at Riverside Park. The first scheduled event was going to pay every competitor $200 down the line. If it was a hit, they were going to have us back withn a real purse.

Unfortunately, "The Park" closed and we never had that race.

Just a thought...

bulldozer
01-13-2006, 02:14 PM
How about making the race a truck & charger race? I know that might get a lot more cars in the event. I know you are doing this for trucks, but to bring more cars would be a plus? I know chargers have a little more motor, but I'm sure it can be competitive. The trucks are timing at 13.7 at Riverhead and the Chargers 13.5. So I don't think that's too far off. Maybe just a little weight break for the trucks, like 50-75 pounds?

figure849
01-14-2006, 04:20 AM
What would it take to run the figure8 cars on the oval?

Jones44
01-14-2006, 07:04 AM
You don't want to combine the 2 divisions. When Flemington did that with the Street Stocks and trucks, both divisions went further into the sh***er than they already were.

W. J.
01-14-2006, 11:36 AM
What would it take to run the figure8 cars on the oval?

Ask Roger Maynor, he did it in the Walt DeMorris Memorial, seemed to work quite well. I know there were modifications/changes he had to do, but I'm not sure how much needs to be done, other than maybe tires. :)

figure849
01-14-2006, 02:54 PM
my question is what would a figure 8 car have to do to run with the chargers and trucks

bulldozer
01-17-2006, 05:08 PM
There's only 15 trucks. What's the possibility of getting maybe 10 chargers and 10 trucks? I think a lot better than getting 20 trucks.

Lad3der
01-19-2006, 09:37 PM
i dont think they want to mix the divisions, they want it to be a truck series. back in 04 was the last year mountain had pro stock or what is a riverhead charger. so i think the management want to try something different

Tower Man
01-21-2006, 02:41 PM
To my recollection, there isn't really a big difference between the Figure 8's and the Chargers. I recall 2 or 3 Chargers running the Championship Figure 8 race a few couple of years ago. Having been away, I think it was tires, control arms and rears were different.

NEETS-1
01-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I think if the ARTS guys hear of this and some of the other truck divisions at other tracks, with a little phone calling or emailing...the count could be very good. If you know somebody with a truck, give him a shout. I was told from one person that he knows of at least a dozen ARTS trucks that will not run the series and have no place to go. Add that to a few that do run the series that may show up...who knows. 10 here, 10 there, before ya know it there's more than enough. All it takes is a little leg work by a few.
The purse is a good one, too, so add that to the factor. :applause:

bambi
02-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Can't believe that racing seaon is almost here. What's the word on the SPT, haven't heard much talk lately? Wondering if anyone is going to give it a try at Mountain Speedway this season? I know for sure that at least one truck, would be nice to see a few more of you. See you all at the tracks, wherever it may be.

Lad3der
03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
has everyone forgot about this opertunity to race at mountain speedway for the select shows that we got there is no more talking going on in here about it. i guess we are all getting ready for riverhead. see you out there take it easy on the new rookie please

W. J.
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
There is a factor here that I think was not considered. Dave Brigati runs more than one division at R'head, and other drivers work on pit crews in other divisions, so setting up a date for them to race without conflict could well be impossible. It's hard enough to get more than 12 of them to come to Riverhead. If the date were part of a Sunday show, you could get 10 or so (I'm guessing), but even that isn't guaranteed.
Believe me, I know Billy and he is a man of his word, and works hard in the interest of racers and fans, but short of having his own division at Mountain that some could choose as an alternative one week, or being lucky enough to pick a date that he's running and Riverhead rains out early, I don't think this can be done, and that's a shame.