PDA

View Full Version : The Chrome Horn

RGeeProductions
12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
A new feature, The Chrome Horn, is now up on the front page of LongIslandJam. Fran Lawlor will be sending me themed groups of pictures and I will be making the galleries. We will try and mix the pictures up as much as possible and try to have a new gallery every 2 to 3 weeks.
Enjoy!!!

broz
12-27-2005, 11:47 PM
VERY VERY VERY NICE :applause:

What a trip down memory lane that was!

As always...

Thanks Guys! :applause:

Wheel Racing
12-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Beautiful! That's kind of what I was looking for with the other thread. Now comes the challenge of adding captions. LOL. Keep 'em coming!

Mortgage Guy
12-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Nice job Fran...

Captain History
12-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Those pictures certainly get a thumbs up!! That's an outstanding way to view a glimpse of the racing past.... Remembering Islip's last season of '84 is a great debut for that section!! :applause:
Richie, Kent, Brian Ross, Ewanitsko's first Modified - the Chevette #23, Fred Harbach, Lenny Fischer's #77, Bob Park and all the others were cool to look at again!! That's over 20 years ago.... Time flies!
Even other classes were in there including Steve Park's Mini Modified #19!!
That's a nice touch with shots outside of just the racing action too..... THANKS!! ;)

RGeeProductions
12-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Beautiful! That's kind of what I was looking for with the other thread. Now comes the challenge of adding captions. LOL. Keep 'em coming!
Captions are great Neal, BUT, these photos are edited for quick downloading on the web and if someone would like to possibly purchase the full size from Fran, it is much easier having the original file name. When you deal with 10's of 1000's of photos, it is not easy tracing back pictures that don't have original file name/numbers. It is the only reason why I have changed to doing it this way. It is also is a time thing. It takes more work and time, and when you have a gallery with 60+ pictures, it gets the gallery up quicker.

Wheel Racing
12-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Didn't you see my LOL? I figured it would be way too much work, plus I like the way Captain History did it,post your own memory of certain pics.By the time we all comment on the gallery the 2 weeks will be up and a new gallery be ready(again LOL).Nice job fellas

RGeeProductions
12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Didn't you see my LOL? I figured it would be way too much work, plus I like the way Captain History did it,post your own memory of certain pics.By the time we all comment on the gallery the 2 weeks will be up and a new gallery be ready(again LOL).Nice job fellas
Hey, I saw the LOL and wasn't meant to bust chops, just others besides you don't understand what's involved and wanted to kinda put out that Fran's pictures are usually available by sending him an email.

hollywoodmic
12-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Great job Fran and RGee. I'll tell you look at the stands..........FULL. Great to see Big Bob, and the brown van. I used to love going to Islip, just a great group of pictures. All the drivers in the pictures could win anywhere at anytime in the Northeast. Keep up the good work guys, Thanks.

DAN D.
12-28-2005, 10:51 PM
For those that do not know who is who, or what is what in those photos without a caption..just ask. Like I am wondering in the photo with the caption "9395710-R1-E022". I think that is The Rapid Roman, followed by Tony Ferrante Jr, followed by Mike Ewanitsko? Maybe someone knows? Just a hunch?
Nice job, lots of good pics and memories.

W. J.
12-29-2005, 10:08 AM
:) You are correct, Dan. And they are being followed by Chris Young (beard) and George Brunnhoelzl Jr. Quite a collection of talent all in one place. :)

chrome horn
12-29-2005, 03:42 PM
the person behind Richie is Brian Ross. For some reason I have to believe that Tony wasn't there seeing there are no pictures of him. 1984 was also a time when Tony was running Wall on a regular basis. Other than that Dan, you and WJ are correct. I don't know who is blocked by Richie.

DAN D.
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I was thinking that the guy I called tony was sort of tall for tony, so I took a guess . great pictures your avatar is you and Richie?
also being we are conversing about Richie,, have you seen the Martin Truex action car deducated to Richie Evans,, Dale Jr, has a little message about Richie and the dedication to him , I bought 2 of the Truex action cars ..
Truex- Richie Evens tribute car (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6936037782&category=763)