PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Races of 2005

LongIslandJam
12-31-2005, 06:19 AM
What was your most memorable race of 2005?

Personally mine had to be the Walt DeMorris Memorial Challenge... Seeing the smiles on the DeMorris family made it all worthwhile. It's a feeling I shall never forget.

What's yours?

Mortgage Guy
12-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Although I was not there (family wedding) from just what I heard about it, it has to be the Tom Baldwin Memorial. John Fortin comes off the sidelines and leads the first 61 laps (ironic) and Wayne Anderson, who was one of the Baldwin family's closest friends, pulls out the win. Listening to that on the cell phone was exciting enough, I can only imagine what it was like to there.

Hollywood
12-31-2005, 10:41 AM
It has to be our FIRST win! LOL "I Love America Night" August 27th. We flirted with wins a couple of times (broken rocker/Flat tires), but it was sure nice to get that first one.

Jeff T
12-31-2005, 03:40 PM
I would have to say the last Late Model Feature of the year , September 10, 2005. RJ may have only finished 10th, but it was enough to clinch his first championship in the Late Model division. What also made it special is that it was my son's 10th birthday that night. He got to spend it out on the track celebrating the championship and get his picture taken with RJ holding the checkered flag.

modified_fan
12-31-2005, 04:10 PM
Wayne Anderson's win in the Tom Baldwin Memorial.

I know I am biased.....but to know and see the friendship those 2 had.....to see the way Wayne was truly shaken at that tragic happening.....and to see the HUGE drive he had putting his ALL into this effort for his late friend....was one special time.

I've never seen him want a race so badly, as he willed himself to get that victory.

A race (both before....during....AND after) that I'll never ever forget.

Geno
12-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Personally, my most memorable was the last SS points race at Mountain (sorry, wasn't at any RH races this year). Jim Yamelski trailed Brad Kline by 1 point entering the feature. Both drivers had problems during the feature but finished the race. It came down to a last lap pass for the championship. Yamelski beat Kline by one spot and won the championship. Even if the results were the complete opposite, the racing was clean, exciting & thrilling to say the least!

Also, I agree with JA too, the Walt DeMorris memorial was right up there as well! Definitely a great end to the season.

Happy New Year :wave:

maestri fan 1
01-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I have a few.

Not to start anything but the modified race with the Tommy Rogers and Denniston event was up on my list.

But the best was the last truck race when Lou got Championship #2.

Turbo
01-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Of course I would have to say the three-peat of my DAD. I can't remember when that was done. It had to have been in the late 70's, maybe by Charlie J. One is hard enough, ask Roger, but three in a row and second the year before that. Not too shabby. :applause:

Fat Albert
01-04-2006, 07:35 PM
The best race I saw this year was the Wednesday night, $10,000 to win, show at Seekonk! The battle between Beers, Alexander, TC and Lia was intense. Lia won when Beers and Alexander crashed while caught up with lapped cars. Awesome race!

Wheel Racing
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
The Tribuzio double had to be the best race(s) I saw

chrome horn
01-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Mike Ewanitsko finishing fourth in his first race back

Teds Race Tours
01-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Modified. The Icebreaker at Thompson. TC and Zach Sylvester showing why racing rocks.

allhailunc
01-05-2006, 06:54 AM
To me, RJ's championship night was the best. I talked to him earlier and while he wanted the win to go with it, I reminded him of the "big picture". Finish good and it's all gravy, and finish good he did. Way to Go Roger. :applause:

Invisible1
01-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Mr. Oxee finally winning the big one and John Fortins return, almost winning it all. ;)

art11758
01-10-2006, 09:43 AM
I agree with Ted. The 05 Icebreaker was awesome. There is a video clip on Pete's Racing site that shows the last two laps for those of you who missed it. I can post a link to the page just not to the clip. (I'm not that 'puter savvy)
http://home.comcast.net/%7Ebigdogpm2/Thom_04-10-2005.wmv

(I completed the link to take you there directly. Good job, Art-W.J.)

DAN D.
01-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Rob winning a late model race with a charger motor!! was that this year or last ?

W. J.
01-11-2006, 12:39 PM
It was 2005.

RebelMtrspts29
01-11-2006, 03:16 PM
John Fortin comes back with class, shows he is a real driver, and almost takes down the win. The only thing better than that.....was that night that Wayne Anderson held off the returning John Fortin for the win!

HAHAHA :lol:

Brian Obiedzenski #29

Rebel Motorsports 2006 (http://www.freewebs.com/rebelmotors)