PDA

View Full Version : paypal accounts

BWR
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
For all who use Paypal accounts. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!! :mad: YOU RECEIVE A MESSAGE, 'DEAR PAYPAL MEMBER', DON'T OPEN IT. YOU WILL BE HIT. WE JUST WERE!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
HERE'S A LINK FROM PAYPAL:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/general/SecuritySpoof-outside
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Jones44
01-06-2006, 05:37 AM
I get these e-mails from Paypal, Ebay, AOL, etc. rather often. I never click the links. Best bet is to either forward it to the company's customer service and ask if it's legit, or just type the "official" web address (i.e. www.paypal.com ) into your browser and log in that way.

RGeeProductions
01-06-2006, 08:46 AM
These emails have been around actually for a few years. Ebay and Paypal do not do business through email. Don't even look at them, delete them. Then log into your real account at Ebay or Paypal and if there is an issue, it will show up there and there never is.
Ok, I have to go help a Nigerian Boy. His father passed away and I must help him clear his Switzerland Account so I can recieve 3 million dollars for my help. {I am sure you have had this one too}
Sorry, but most of you have been online for a LONG time. WAKE UP!!!
Get a new email account [AT A REAL EMAIL ACCOUNT SITE, NOT 'IWON.COM. or FREEMAIL.COM, ETC....]. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY BS FREE THINGS ON THE INTERNET or FREE WEBSITE or FREE PHOTOPAGES, as you go on a saleable email list [and they can grab your friends email addys from you] and you won't get this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I first started going onto the internet, I did this. Free samples, free sign-ups for polls and get free stuff , etc. I was at a point where I was getting 50-70 emails a day!!!! And this was MANY years ago. It has gotten much worse now as they slip macro viruses/spyware into these now. Remember this. We live in America. NOTHING IS FREE!!! There is always a gimmick behind everything, so don't get sucked in. And major corporations do not send linkable emails, they will send REAL MAIL to you or if it is an email, they will ask you to log into your account but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER through an email link!!!!

W. J.
01-06-2006, 11:36 AM
One other thing to add to what RGee said. No REPUTABLE concern or business will ask you, THROUGH EMAIL, for your account information. They will direct you to go to their legitimate website to supply anything they need to know from you, or give you a toll free phone number to call. Anything that looks official and asks for personal or account info in the form of an email is looking to rip you off!