PDA

View Full Version : YAPHANK SITE "RFEI"

CIN
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
THE RFEI IS UP ON THE SUFFOLK COUNTY GOVERNMENT SITE

www.co.suffolk.ny.us

under DEPARTMENTS: PLANNING (click)

Left hand side - in blue column - RFEI, click on, scroll down to Publication, click on ( must have Adobe Reader)

I'm going to read this "lovely" document now....we'll see what it says

Cin

CIN
01-06-2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/webtemp3.cfm?dept=11&id=2505

This might also work, should take you directly to the site....

Sorry for the confusion....

HAVE FUN READING....AND THE PROCESS HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIN

W. J.
01-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Just a reminder: You'll need broadband connection and PDF reader. If you don't have both, it will be a long frustrating attempt to see nothing.

Oh yeah, I 'stickied' this so no one misses it. Thanks Cin. :)

CIN
01-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Your welcome.

I printed it out so I could read it....Once I finish, I'll try highlighting some of what's in there.

Cin

Tracy87BB
02-06-2006, 06:45 AM
I was curious if anyone from the racing community actually went on the site tour last week...I'm wondering if it was just a general walk around the property (a tour of "Levyville," perhaps?) or something more involved. I was also wondering if anyone had plans to attend the press conference on February 27th...I honestly don't know if this would be the type of press conference where someone would obtain any information that's worth passing along...after all, if we haven't started writing to our legislators, we should do so, and it can never hurt to be armed with more knowledge.

CIN
02-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Tracy,
The walk-thru on Feb 3rd and the conference (question & answer meeting) on Feb 27th are only open to those developers that responded to the RFEI...those that put up the $100.

As for letters, yes we can start writing our Legislator's to let them know what "WE" want. If someone doesn't know who their Legislator is, just email me at: rcrmsj@optonline.net. I have the list broken down by zip code.

Cin

Tracy87BB
02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I was aware of the $100 registration fee that was required for the site tour and the press conference. I just didn't know if anyone who frequents the board had actually gone or had access to any more information on it than we (the general public) do.

W. J.
02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I wonder if 'press' allowed on this tour and at the meeting. I could find time to attend. Any contact info?

Tracy87BB
02-06-2006, 07:17 PM
The site tour already passed last week. The press conference is only open to registrants as well, who paid their registration fees prior to the end of January. So, W.J., I think you're S.O.L., if you know what I mean...

CIN
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
WJ
Yes the site tour was last week. From what I know only responders can attend the meeting. And only the responders can ask questions.
You can always try to see if "The Press" would be able to go though.
Contact Tom Isles at: tom.isles@co.suffolk.ny.us or you can call him at: 853-5191

I had sent an email to him right after I read the RFEI with some questions and he told me that he couldn't answer anything until all the responders had their chance to ask questions. I then asked him if the general public would have a chance to ask questions (as they did with the Nassau County Hub Project) and he told me that he'd have to ask the County Attorney that question. Haven't heard yet. I'll email him next week to find out.

That's it for now.
Cin

W. J.
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
See, this is what happens when I lose track of the date, LOL. I will call Mr Isles office tomorrow and see what can be done. I'll post here and let you know what's happening.

phantomlord
03-06-2006, 05:18 AM
haven't heard any news lately.

CIN
03-06-2006, 07:55 AM
An update: On Feb 27th the developers had their meeting with the Planning Dept. regarding the RFEI. Questions were asked and answered. Not privy to what they were. Supposedly, according to the RFEI, there will be an update of the RFEI if needed. The developers have until May 1st to submit their plans.

Right now, Top Gun is collecting more signatures on petitions. You have the choice of either going to their website (www.topgunse.com) and signing the petition on there, or they have a paper version that they are asking people to have signed by one and all and mailed back to them (50,000 signature goal). If you would like a copy to have all your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. sign, just email me and I will send you a copy, along with Top Gun's address. Also, if you would like to write letters to your Legislator's or Mr. Levy, I have that information too. rcrmsj@optonline.net

Levy is talking about this, the Legislator's are talking about this, something will go there, we need to keep at them with what WE want to go there.

Cin

art11758
05-03-2006, 07:59 AM
http://www.libn.com/breakingNews.htm?articleID=4843&sourceReferrer=flashReport
Interesting read.

W. J.
05-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Very interesting indeed, Art. Thanks for the link.

Now let's cross our fingers that a favorable ruling (to race fans) comes out of this. It's time for everyone to contact their county legislators to remind them how important this ENTERTAINMENT complex will be.

CIN
05-03-2006, 12:17 PM
If anyone wants to write to their Legislator and does not know who it is just email me at rcrmsj@optonline.net, I have the list broken down by zip code.

Cin