PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pappy

Rich Johnson
01-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Pappy's line-up system is a winner! With the help of Jim Price, it worked out very good. Looking over cars for safety is going to help people from getting hurt. Pappy is there to help us ALL, now that he "hung up his helmet"
I appreciate his contributions to our Racing series.

RacinRich

Geno
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
I agree with ya 100% Rich, the lines-ups seemed to be smooooth! Great job guys :applause:

NEETS-1
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
It went great and will only get faster the more they do it. It was another fix for the fans and drivers of NEETS. Most tracks/series have problems, and are told about them, and nothing is done. Here is just one example of management listening to the people and acting upon it, thanx to Pappy's great idea.
The show, which consisted of 2- 100 lap enduros and an intermission, with Santa giving gifts to all the children, took only 2 hours.
My next question would be, what is the writer that is quoted as saying in his AARN column that said he was going to attend our show going to say now? It seems as if every one of their writers always look for the bad in our series. The only good we get is from our own press releases. I would bet (and I am not a betting man) that he will print nothing at all. I have called the bluff on one certain writer in the past, proved my point, proved him wrong. Nothing was printed to re-call his prior words as written and promised.
We have a great series....I know it, you know it, the fans know it...and that is all that counts. No writers opinion will change that, no matter what they write, or where they are from.
These are the same writers that say that all the negativity is helping to close the race tracks all over the country. They claim to be inserting constructive criticism. I say if this is true...then why do you not write about all the good things, too? I am not saying make a turd smell like a rose....a turd is a turd!!! I am saying even if a track or series has a problem in a certain area, write about all the good in a positive way and mention the problem, too. Don't focus mainly on the problem like you were getting back at the bully that used to beat you up in high school, lol. I also would like to add...if you have all the answers....promote a race track, or series, and you will learn fast how hard it is to keep everyone (including press) happy.
These guys are not Clark Kent at the Metropolis Daily Planet. They (most) have jobs from 9-5 like McDonalds or something and is only a part time deal. Yet they expect/demand respect as if they were Clark Kent. (The press pass doesn't hurt either).
My last comment on this since I have gotten off the subject of "line ups"...is that the papers which print these person's articles should do a better job at screening what is written and checking the truthfullness of them since the tracks/series that are the subject of these writer's vengeance are the same ones that pay to keep these papers going. I do not think a writer's opinion should be based upon an email sent to him. This could of been revenge for a DQ or something and be totally untrue, yet a writer forms an opinion and widens it in print.
Do you think we do not notice the favoritism in which your writers so soley put down at tracks is not noticeable in your publications? Some tracks/series get a full page or 2 page spread EVERY week in multiple parts of the publications. WHY? I have my opinions, but look at which ones they are and think about it...I do not have to mention names. All other tracks/series, no matter how good the show get a 2x2" chopped up tid-bit. Now I do realize that there are some pretty bad PR people that write these press releases for the tracks and MUST be edited (some cannot even be printed, they are so bad) but I am talking about the others, that are not "in", that do write good releases and send in pictures, only to have maybe one picture and a small article at most.
I hope I am just ranting and they prove me wrong this year, but for 2005 up to this point, I am not happy with our press compared to what we did for affordable, fun and charitable racing. (or couldn't you tell, lol).
We listen and fix problems...can they take the same criticism and do the same? (I guess that was the tie-in between the line-ups and what I had to say about my unhappiness w/ our press friends.)
Thanx for listening....

SmallCar18
01-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Pappy I'm sorry to hear you "hung up the helmet". I was looking forward to racing with you this year, but NEETS has definitely gained a great safety guy. I was gonna post about the new lineup system, but Racin Rich beat me to it. I thought it worked out really well, and will definitely be much nicer when the hot weather hits so drivers and cars don't overheat before the race starts :)

Oh, and thank you to you and the other guy with you (I don't know his name) for changing my tire! LOL, I should've checked the tire pressure in the spares. The spare I had only had about 20 psi in it when I came off the track. Between that and the antifreeze on the track, it felt like it was back at Pagoda :).

Hey Billy, I work at a newspaper and have to keep all the reporter's junky old computers running. I think being a whiny negative person must be a job requirement for being a reporter :). Just joking, some of them aren't too bad :).

pappywrench
01-09-2006, 05:23 AM
First I want to praise the drivers for handling the curve we threw them with the the line-up thing. I had faith in you guys being able to find your row. I will be spreading the rows out more to make more room for the big cars, and now that you had a taste of how it works it will even go faster.
Next I want to thank Matt the flagger for helping me put up all those signs and to Jim Price for helping with the big cars.
Always looking for ways to streamline the system to "GET IT DONE"

ststock23
01-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Hey Pappy, if that was a curve I can't wait to see your change up. That was a brilliant idea that worked perfectly. I had told the wife to expect me somewhere around 8 or 9 (2 1/2 hour drive). We were home around six, even after stopping at Hot Dog Johnny's. Of course we had a lot of time to pack up, after only making 24 laps. I was ready to scap the car. Opened the hood and saw the fuel line dangling. Popped it on and started right up. Can't wait until the next race.
Tim

winky417
01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah Pap, like I said at the driver's meeting, Awesome idea!!!! That lining up went almost perfect!!!! What a difference :) It is unfortunate that you decided to hang up the ol helmet, but what the series lost having you as a driver, we've gained having you as safety inspector, etc., etc. Keep up the good work Old Timer !!!!!!!! :) :) :) Talk to ya soon Winky417-12x

richardpetey
01-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Pappy's line up system worked well, but it still seemed the waiting time was still too long before we saw the green flag.......................... :rolleyes:
Pappy an enduro pedestrian...say it ain't so....................... :confused:
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

rpkulik
01-09-2006, 08:26 PM
...Hot Dog Johnnies? :drool:

ststock23
01-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Can't pass by without stopping.

Richie
01-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Where is Hot Dog Johnnys????? Please. Woot can we go there?????????

nobandwagonhere
01-10-2006, 06:42 PM
I thought the lineup system went great. Big improvement. Great job! :wave:

Lori/39x
01-11-2006, 12:29 PM
HOT DOG JOHNNY'S...mmmmmmmmmm :drool:

You guys are making me hungry...now I'll have to make a trip one night this week...yum.

Johnny's is along Route 46 just outside of Great Meadows, NJ. Love it, love it, love it!!

Hope you all get the chance to try some in the near future. I've never found another hot dog to taste quite like a Johnny's and I don't know of any place around that serves their homemade birch beer in a frosted mug :)

NJ Chick
01-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Lori, you know Hot Dog Johnny's too?! We always go there first before going to Island Dragway. Richie, you tell Woot it's a must do, where else can you get pickles on your dog in a town called Buttzville? :lol: :p

Richie
01-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Not positive I want a hot dog thats been in Buttzville.

ststock23
01-11-2006, 04:40 PM
My daughter was pleading with me to buy her a t-shirt just because it has Buttzville on it!!

Lori/39x
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh golly... we know Johnny's very, VERY well. Do I hear roadtrip???

Cindy, we used to hit Johnny's every time we went to Flemington :*-( Ohhh...I miss Flemington! Anyhow, we still get to Johnny's pretty often. Name the night, we'll meet you down there :)

And Richie, you know what they say, once you have a wiener from Buttzville...hehehehe.

Pappy- sorry for taking your thunder out of this post. But, Johnny's...! You'd make an awesome safety inspector! Congrats! Hopefully, we'll see all of you down at Motorsports!