PDA

View Full Version : more races

enduro13x
01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
What do you guys think about maybe a Valentine's day race or a St Patty's day race? I think it would break up that long gap between the beaters race and the April Fools race. Just an idea. I wanna know what the other racers think!

rpkulik
01-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I, for one, am counting on the break to get my stuff together for the rest of the season. I think it is safe to say there are others who are planning the same. You might try running in the thrillers at Mountain to scratch that itch. Or, if you have an empty lot somewhere, I'll race ya... :)

EnduroFromDE
01-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Same here, need to replace possible alt. and radiator along with a few tires and a good month worth of body repairs after work, from 3:30 till 5:00 when it gets dark. I need three months to get my car ready

BlingxBling
01-09-2006, 09:58 PM
More races would be great, except this break also gives time for the promoters to get their head on straight for the up coming season.

NEETS-1
01-09-2006, 11:44 PM
....is a little off-center to other tracks/divisions/series. The 3 month break we get between Beaters (first weekend in January)and April Fools (April 1st) is our winter off season. As said prior, it gives everyone time to re-organize or make any changes with new rules. It also gives time to build a good car rather than throwing one together between the other races.
I also need the break. Most people do not realize it but there is a lot of work to do between and prepare for races.
I wouldn't mind a little "get-together" like a party or something in the off time, but not a race.
Any ideas?

Rich Johnson
01-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder

RacinRich

EnduroFromDE
01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey Rich,

You're right, it does, sort of like your presence at an Enduro race :lol:

Racin, Racin, Racin :-B :lol:

enduro13x
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
What if there were some test and tunes scheduled then, instead of actual races, more like a 2 hr open practice for each division?

CJfilms
01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey Billy, I like the idea of having test&tune events that Nick (enduro13x) suggested. Plus we were talking about having a Valentine's Day party or something like that...maybe we could do both? Run a few hour test&tune practice, for ALL divisions, which would include 4/6/8 cyls, TRUX, and maybe even some X-SES cars... Later that night we could do our party thing somewhere. I think we would have a better turnout at the party if there was a good reason for everyone to get together at the track.

Feb. 11 is a Saturday, exactly 4 WEEKS from this Saturday. If we get the word out there enough since it is still early, we should get a pretty decent sized crowd. I'm in! Let's see what kind of reaction we get and go from there.

miller78
01-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm building a whole new car for April 1, cage and all. That race can take it's sweet *** time coming here, lol.

W. J.
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Let's all stop and think here. FEBRUARY+MOUNTAINS+NORTHEAST REGION (usually)= SNOW! Test and tune in such bad weather would be a flop, and it would probably ruin Billy's vacation plans. Let the man rest, he has a busy schedule ahead, LOL!

winky417
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Test and tune, ok I'm in. Weather permitting. PARTY, I'm definitely in !!!!! Let's get something together, it would be a real good time. Winky417-12x--Maddawg Motorsports

BlingxBling
01-10-2006, 06:37 PM
WJ, you got it! Our biggest snowfall amounts are usually recorded between January-April. Although the weather right now is making a big liar out of me, 40°F in January is odd. It is not unusual for us to get Blizzards in March and as late as April. Nor'Easters are popular until about the middle of March. Those storms are always hard to predict.

richardpetey
01-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Lets see............In the last 5 months the only things that haven't happened to my car are: sliding down the frontstretch on my roof and a 5 alarm fire..................................... :eek:
Therefore, I have designed a new 4WD roof navigation system complete with shiny side down steering and a 30 gallon fire extinquisher with 43 strategically placed spray nozzles with remote control from the pits.............. :rolleyes:
Will these systems pass tech and do I need a test and tune session................? :confused:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Richard, haven't you read the rules lately, NO 4WD :lol:
Just kidding. Also, that 5 alarm fire :mad: made them cookies taste even better :drool:. When you were sliding upside down, were you scored for that lap????? If not, maybe you really DID win that race, but the transponders didn't count that lap, and you finished 2nd. :rolleyes: :lol:

Lad3der
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
test and tune, no thank you. I dont think people are going to drive up to the track for a 2 hour festivity. Also, we are not Nascar, so we don't need any test dates. this is supposed to be enduro racing, of a stock enduro, which usually means just go out and run what you brung.
just my opinion, also I flag the series because it's fun and the schedule works just fine. Adding any more dates to the schedule takes away from other activites. Racers need time to do things at home, with families or even as in my case, get my own racetruck ready for a full season at Riverhead in the Super Pro Truck division.

W. J.
01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
One more point to ponder. You, the driver, get a 2 hour test and tune, but how much of Billy and the track personnel's time is used setting that up, running it and cleaning up afterwards. IT'S THEIR VACATION TIME!

Okay, I'm off the soap box.

SmallCar18
01-10-2006, 08:37 PM
LOL How about a party at an indoor go kart track

EnduroFromDE
01-10-2006, 08:41 PM
sounds good to me, can we still run a 100 laps in our Enduro cars though :lol:

W. J.
01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
It's up to the Kart track owner, I guess, LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby Pease
01-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Time off is good for the break and for My WALLET! $300.00 + per trip to MTN to race.......takes its toll......

Bobby Pease :wave:

BlingxBling
01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Kerry, two years ago when down in Carlisle for the Compact jam, 20 of my friends and myself hit up a go-kart track. We managed to get kicked out of the place in minutes of being on the track. It might have something to do with when they sent the first group of carts out, the others that were supposed to stay in the staging area also went out, doubling the amount of cars normally allowed. Did I mention when they tried to get us off the track we just kept running straight through the pits and back out on the track? We didn't get our refund and we had the cops called on us, but it was worth the $5 we each paid.

Geno
01-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Personally, I agree with what most are saying here….time for a break (well, as much of a break as we get)! Just the other night, my wife asked when racing is actually finished, LOL….there’s so much stuff that needs to get done during the ‘off season’, that the season's never really over, if that makes sense.

vsmidge68
01-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm looking forward to maybe getting my pool covered before it's time to open it again in April.............
My husband and son think "off season" is for practicing on whatever new Nascar game is on Xbox or Ps2.
Although they are right about one thing....you can't see all the leaves on the lawn when they are covered in racecars.............
hhhhmmmmmmmm.......you might be a redneck???? :)

lefty turner
01-11-2006, 01:38 PM
You'll have to let me know when you guys/gals are in Carlisle. That's my backyard. :cool:

BlingxBling
01-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Lefty, we used to only ever be down there for Compact Jam and the truck Nationals. That was back in '03 when we were all "rice burning low riders" and before they moved the location, added more cops. I do have to admit the go-kart tracks were lots of fun, and we do not have many of them up here.