PDA

View Full Version : L.I. Daytona 500 Party

CIN
01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
POSTED ON THE RIVERHEAD WEBSITE:

L.I. DAYTONA 500 PARTY SET FOR MIKE’S PLACE FEBRUARY 19TH
Riverhead, N.Y. Jan. 12th.
By Bob Finan

Bob Finan of Riverhead Raceway, in conjunction with Steve and Tim Halpin, have announced that the place for the annual Long Island Daytona 500 Party will once again be Mike’s Place in Coram, and all indications point to the most spectacular gathering in the 12 plus year history of the bash.
“Without question, this is going to be the biggest Daytona 500 Party to date”, Finan noted. “Joe Paprocky of Mike’s Place has lined-up the most giveaways to be raffled off at one party, including a 52” big screen television”. Coors Light will host the event, with plenty of Coors Light specials, along with the Coors Light girls to be part of the festivities. The Coors Light girls will be there with plenty of giveaways from the Colorado brewery.
Mike’s Place will again offer a buffet during the entire length of the Daytona 500, and as they did in 2005, offer an outdoor patio complete with heat and televisions for those who smoke. Aside from the Coors Light specials, there will also be drink specials during the Daytona 500.
Aside from the 52” inch television that will be raffled off, Mike’s Place will also raffle off 5 NASCAR Jackets, along with 2 NASCAR race tickets, for a Nextel Cup race at either Dover or Pocono.
Of course part of the allure of the Daytona 500 Party are the pools, and Steve and Tim Halpin will run as many pools as needed for the race.
If all that were not enough, Paprocky will also be giving away Mike’s Place tee-shirts, with David Roys NASCAR Modified part of the design. Roys, who signed Mike’s as a sponsor in 2005, will have his #79 machine on hand and other racecars will be displayed, weather permitting.
As to the history of the gathering, Steve Halpin, who's spent time as a Riverhead announcer noted, “It’s amazing, Bob and myself, along with my brother Tim, started this with 15 or 25 people about 12 years ago in Rocky Point, just to get some folks together for the race. To see it evolve into the social event it has for the Long Island racing community is just wonderful”.
Doors will open at 11:00 am at Mike’s Place, which is located at 24 Route 25 (Middle Country Road) in Coram. For further information, please contact Bob Finan at Riverhead Raceway 631-842-RACE, and for more info on Mike’s Place, call 631 732-9667.

BWR
01-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, this 1 I am not MISSING!!! just wanna know 1 thing? I know it's at Mike's Place, my kids wanna come to this event. This is our up and coming racing generation. Are they gonna be allowed? We well keep them at the video games/tables. Please let me know, thanks :D

Mortgage Guy
01-13-2006, 11:01 PM
That is a tough one Vinny, I will have to ask the owner and see what he says. That day it is more like a bar atmosphere than a restaurant, but we will let you know.

Tim Halpin

BWR
01-13-2006, 11:04 PM
thank you tim :D :wave:

Mortgage Guy
01-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Vinny, it looks like if you want to bring them you can, but they have to be under your supervision and they need to remain in the dining room only...They are not allowed in the bar or tent area. Hope that helps.

Tim

BWR
01-15-2006, 07:29 PM
it does tim my wife is coming late with them.YOU GUYS ARE GREAT MY SON IS GOT A SMILE ON HIS FACE :D

DAN D.
01-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Who's supervision is Vinny going to be under??? Vin, when was the last 500 party? 2003 @ Mikes II? (I heard something about hanging upside down and taking shots, like in Cancun?) Jokin Vin, maybe I can break free and hang out there.

BWR
01-21-2006, 08:22 AM
break free? you under house arrest ? j/k :lol: