PDA

View Full Version : Pitside Pap's Rap

pappywrench
01-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Well since it seems as if everyone thought my curve ball was a hit,(line-up) get ready for my change-up pitch. I've been given the ball on pre-race checks and I'm going to run with it.
#1. I have a pet peeve against any driver who continuously exploits the grey areas to promote performance of his car to compensate for his inability as a driver. If we tell you to fix or change something, just do it.
#2 If you mount a racing seat make sure it's mounted properly. Seats mounted on 2x4's will not pass. Also a racing seat is not designed to be free standing, it flexes too much, so the back has to be supported.
#3 Doors have to be welded, bolted or chained, and not just a chain around the door post.
#4 If a fuel tank is removed from stock location, remember, some type of fire wall between tank and driver.
I spoke to the main man (Billy) at Motorsports and I will wait till he makes the new rules official, and then go into more detail.
April will be a grissly bear for pre-race checks because of the new rule changes but I'm already thinking of ways to streamline the process. I may even set-up in the parking lot at the crack of dawn to catch the early birds.
Maybe Friday night, did I hear party?????
Well enough for now, stay tuned for my fast ball, it's already in the works.
WJ, edit to your hearts content, typing goes hard for an old fart like me. :wave:

richardpetey
01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
You are 100% correct Pap, no one has been seriously hurt in a NEETS race up to this date, let's try to keep it that way.................... :cool:
Remember to properly mount those seat belts and window nets, also............. :D
Don't cross Pap! He can be a real "GRIZZLY" , hehe...................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: