PDA

View Full Version : 8cyl Thriller Front Hoops

vsmidge68
01-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I have a question regarding front hoops. Are they allowed? I know they were added, I believe last year, and were permitted, but I didn't see anything in the rules. If they are allowed, how would I be able to find out limitations and how far to go with them? One other question. I have an 85 Caprice. Would I be able to put an aftermarket Monte Carlo nose on? I don't see one for a Caprice. ANY help is appreciated. I plan on running the 2006 season and I want to make sure my car is legal from the jump. Thank you! :wave:

NEETS-1
01-28-2006, 06:34 PM
You can build a front hoop around your radiator to protect it. You may not construct anything that may be mistaken for a "push bar". Keep it inside the nose piece.
Yes, you can put a aftermarket MC nose on. It will not make you any faster. You can either utilize the stock re-bar underneath the nose or use 1 3/4 .125 pipe. No heavy pipe or "railroad ties", hehe. You know what I mean.

richardpetey
01-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Can you connect the radiator hoop to the main cage.................. :confused:
Last year I had a radiator hoop/brace but never attached it to the main cage.................... :help:
UNCLE PETEY............... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

vsmidge68
01-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Thank you for the feedback. We will see you in March! (first practice) :wave:

RACERX
01-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Aftermarket noses are allowed.

pv18
01-30-2006, 09:16 AM
I am also interested in the answer behind aftermarket noses. It is not easy to find a replacement nose for a '76 Cordoba.

Pat

NEETS-1
02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Gary (last year's tech man) is on vacation until next week. I will call and ask him what he allowed as far as front hoops attached to the main roll cage. I know there were none allowed in the 4cyl Thriller class....I am not sure what he allowed in the Thrillers.
When I started these two classes, there was not supposed to be anything forward of the firewall (same as NEETS HSCS)....but with all the "visiting" cars" that came here, I am not sure what exactly Gary did with them.
I will post on here as soon as I find out from him.