PDA

View Full Version : Team help/email

NEETS-1
01-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Here is an email I received if anyone is interested;

Mr. Bartley,

HI, my name is Jason Nicknair. I just turned 20 years old and I'm looking for someone to help me get started in racing. I've been looking for a team or someone to just help me get started for about 3 years. I live in Connecticut, but I'm here in PA because I attend Valley Forge Christian College. This email might sound stupid and a waste of your time, but I've never been so serious about something my entire life. I can't afford a car right now, so I'm wondering if I can start out by helping a team out for the 2006 season in any series (Late Mod, Modified, Sprint..etc) and see what happens from there. I know a lot more about racing and the cars than you probably think. I don't know if you get emails like this, and if you do, then they probably sound the same way. Listen, I'm not looking to become a NASCAR star, I'm not looking to have money either, I just want to race. I love the sport and would do anything to do it. My family knows how important this is to me also and have helped me in whatever way they could. I've talked to and have seen many people, but nothings come up. This is the first time I'm emailing someone in PA and hopefully you can help me out. If you know anything or anyone that will be willing to give me a chance, I would greatly appreciate that. Racing is a very tough sport, I realize that (it's even hard to get started), but if I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't be writing this email to you. If you can't help or don't know of anything, then would you please email me back so I know you read this. Thanks a lot for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Jason
JKNicknair@vfcc.edu

Bobby Pease
01-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Long Island Jam forum has a few HELP WANTED posts for teams out here..

send him the link, they have Phone #s included......

NEETS-1
01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
California Enduro Series.
Body: Hi Billy,

I was going to post this on your forum for some help until I saw that you had posted a thread about MySpace. I decided to contact you this way rather then on a public forum. Any answers or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am from California and have been watching your series for quite some time via the internet. My friend Steven and I are very passionate about motorsports, as we have grown up watching local track racing our entire lives. We are heavily involved in Northern California short track racing. He works with one of Northern California’s premier Latemodel touring series and provides PR for several tracks and drivers. I have been involved with the local tracks providing web services and photography along with driving on a weekly basis. We both have plans of promoting tracks and series in the future here in California.

Enduro racing is not a new idea here in California. My father raced in them for many years, in fact I grew up watching him race. Unfortunately our Enduro car counts have been falling to 30 or less cars at each event. The cars have gone from bone stock cars off the street to Street Stock type racecars. The tracks add a soap and water mixture continually through out the race to cause more spins and wrecks.

The cars are extremely fast and some are built like tanks. Far too many first time driver's cars are destroyed in the first event, and these drivers never bother to build another car.

I am very interested in starting a 4cyl Enduro series here on the west coast. Any advice on where to start and how to present the idea too the speedway promoters would be very valuable.

How do people feel about the 4cyl class? Would those that race in the 6/8 class be willing to make the switch to 4cyl or willing to run both to run with a more increased car count?

How did you generate interest in a class like this? What were starting car counts like?

How do you and your series enforce your rules? What kind of inspections do you have, pre and post race? Here in California the cars are hardly ever teched and promoters are afraid too turn away illegal cars because of low car counts.

I have seen your ideas for keeping the cost of the cars down with the ABC car crusher. We had several ideas for something like this including a grand stand raffle where fans would have the opportunity to win the winner’s car. We also had the idea of running the event with a monster truck show and having the car crushed by a monster truck, etc.

I have seen the success your series has with car counts, but how many fans does your show bring through the front gate opposed to say a weekly Latemodel show?

Is the purse paid for mostly by sponsors or back gate pit passes and entry fees?

Any ideas and information would be very helpful. We would like to see an affordable and fun type of racing once again here on the west coast and congratulations on creating such a successful series.

richardpetey
01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Two more students for the "Uncle Petey's" pay till ya learn program............... :rolleyes:
California is a strange planet, I hear most of their racing will be underwater soon..................... :eek:
It'll be tough to break-in another Christian at "The First Church of the Discount House of Racing"................ :help:
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: