PDA

View Full Version : Legislator List

CIN
02-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Anyone interested in writing letters to their Legislator and/or Mr. Levy in Support of the Top Gun Sports and Entertainment Facility please click the following link for information

http://www.licitizens4sports.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29

Tracy87BB
02-10-2006, 12:53 PM
One suggestion I have would be this: if you live here, make sure you let them know (especially if you are a taxpayer and a voter)...if you don't live here, make sure you tell them that you would travel here and spend your disposable income here if there was a facility/complex where you could do that.

As always, I would recommend that you be polite and courteous, but straightforward. Some key things to hit on: FAMILY entertainment, tax revenue, job creation and overflow spending (at surrounding businesses).

Just a few thoughts...

W. J.
02-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Very good ideas from both ladies, we thank them for their efforts. Now let's get to sending those letters, because the voters these people hear form are the voters they listen to. You know there are people opposed to this, and they will be writig, so let's get together and turn the tide in OUR direction. There has probably never been a better proposal concerning a racetrack here in the last 20 years, so let's take that great opportunity and turn it into something that we all can benefit from.

If anyone needs any assistance in composing their letter, shoot me an email, and I'll find the time to help you out with whatever I can do for you. Just remember, as Tracy said, make it polite and to the point. Again, while it may carry m,ore weight if you actually live in Suffolk, it also means something to them to know people will come from outside the county to spend their disposable incomes here, so everybody that thinks they have anything to say should do so.

CIN
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Just some points:
-I realize that everyone has a problem with Workforce Housing. Please do not say anything against it. It is a political hotbed right now and all politicians are jumping on this. Better to support the fact that it is needed. Also know that Top Gun does have in their proposal Workforce Housing.
-Since the project is located in Kate Browning's district, she needs to hear from People in her district that support this.
-And as Tracy said, support the whole project. Entertainment for the whole family. Revenue for the county. Family, family, family.
-I would suggest if you do not live in Suffolk that you send your letters to Mr. Levy expressing your support.

This is an uphill battle. It is far from a done deal, but with the correct support, we have a good shot at seeing this happen.
Like WJ said, if anyone needs any help just email me: rcrmsj@optonline.net

To review Top Gun Proposal: www.topgunse.com

Thanks to everyone
Cindy