PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4

Jones44
02-13-2006, 05:02 AM
What in the heck was Channel 4 thinking yesterday, showing two pre-recorded news programs (that had been bumped by weather coverage) from 12-1 PM? We missed the first hour of qualifying (and it had to have been Channel 4's call and not NBC, because when qualifying finally came on, Bill Weber welcomed those of us who had been watching "weather programming on WNBC")! WNBC was showing pre-recorded "news"! At least ESPN/ABC doesn't pre-empt live programming for taped shows. I think the rest of you should write a "thank you" (LOL) to WNBC/Channel 4 like we did. :mad:

allhailunc
02-13-2006, 05:12 AM
:mad: Leave it to the "major" channels to screw things up.Between NBC,CBS&ABC they can take their coverage and shove it.I'd rather see it on ESPN or Speed Channel :disgusted

LongIslandJam
02-13-2006, 06:33 AM
There was qualifying on NBC? Geez... Who would have thought considering everything else is on TNT. For this non-cable user, I'm greatly disappointed... :(

Tracy87BB
02-13-2006, 06:37 AM
I don't have cable either, and I watched the Daytona 500 Bud pole qualifying on SPEED channel yesterday...are we talking about the same qualifying?

allhailunc
02-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Bud Pole qualyifing was carried on (or was supposed to be )Channel 4 at 12 pm.Instead they put on 2 1/2 hours shows that were originally scheduled for much earlier in the morning.Even Bill Webber,when Channel 4 did come on,stated"Welcome to those on Channel 4 in New York,Weather related programming pre-empted our original 12 o clock start".We vae Dish and Speed Channel was not carryiny any qualifying whatsoever.the went from the ARCA race into another program

BBWIFE
02-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Tracy you watched all of qualifying on speed? I was watching it on channel 4 and then at around 3:00 it switched over to speed because of the olympics. What a PIA.

Congrats to Jeff Burton for taking down the pole!!!

art11758
02-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I've got Direct TV and NBC 4 in NY had squat(what was already mentioned anyways). Speed had qualifying which I didn't "find" until later. Still saw most of the 'Clash (it will always be the 'Clash to me, sorry) on TNT. The programming guides I guess are set a few days ahead and were totally useless. Hunt and pick (like how I type) still carries the day. Progress ..bah!

Tracy87BB
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Maybe SPEED didn't carry the whole thing...I was kind of busy and running around the house. When I went in the living room, though, the little guy was planted in front of the TV watching qualifying. He had it on for quite a bit, so I guess I assumed that they showed all of it (yeah, I should know by now never to ASSUME anything). We watched the Bud Shootout on TNT, only because I knew that it was going to be on, as the listings showed that there was a movie on. Yes, it can be a PIA when schedules get changed and listings aren't updated to reflect it.

W. J.
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I have DishTV, and Ch 4 had that delayed political crap until 1 pm. Suddenly, there was qualifying, about 13-14 cars late. I tried Speed about 12 noon, they had drag racing on. I only went to Speed when Ch 4 had qualifying run into the Olypics at 3 pm, but at least they told everyone to switch at that point. Good to know this is their last year covering racing on NBC (Numbskulls Broadcasting Crap?). I just hope Benny Parsons & Bill Weber go back to ESPN. The other two can go to the unemployment office, LOL!

Jones44
02-14-2006, 05:25 AM
We won't be totally rid of "The Peacock", starting in 2007, TNT will carry 6 mid-season races between FOX and ABC/ESPN's run.

RGeeProductions
02-14-2006, 08:11 AM
No worry folks!!! SPEED CHANNEL will be pay per view soon and there will be no issues!!!
$$$$$$$$$N$$$$$$$$$A$$$$$$$$$S$$$$$$$$$C$$$$$$$$$A $$$$$$$$$R$$$$$$$$$