PDA

View Full Version : Donny Lia....

Mortgage Guy
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Congrats to Mr Lia who has won the first 2 out of 3 races down in New Smyrna. Keep up the good work.

hollywoodmic
02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I spoke to him today, he said he's worried about himself and his team. He is not getting involved in any BS. He said he really got lucky last night. I guess based on last year it's better to be lucky than good. Also a nice job by Mike Andrews Jr. last night to come home 3rd, in Mike Ewanitsko's ride. Rumor has it from Jaws.........Tony Stewart will be in that car Thursday night.

W. J.
02-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Donny Lia continues to impress wherever he races. He makes us all proud to remember when we saw him start out here on L.I. :) Congrats on your showing at New Smyrna.

DAN D.
02-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Donny talked with me 1 year ago and said it was a nice thing that I donated 10% to Victory Junction Gang when I raffled off my charger ..
I heard the ARCA Eagle Avaition driver interview on the ARCA qualifying and said Donny Lia was going to run most of the ARCA races this year. For that team? It was nice to hear his name on National TV.
Below are just a few pics of Donny. :applause:

Jones44
02-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Before the race Sunday morning, Hagans said in a Speed interview that he would run mostly the bigger tracks (Daytona, Talladega...) and Donny would have the bulk of the schedule

Tracy87BB
02-16-2006, 06:39 AM
The general sentiment on the Mod Series Scene message board is that Andrews is doing one heck of a job behind the wheel of the #36. After finishing 3rd Tuesday night, he went on to finish 2nd last night. If they don't put Tony Stewart in the car tonight, who knows what Andrews might pull off...

Also, Kevin Goodale came in 7th last night...he was 54 points behind Lia going into the race, and Lia was towed off the track early. Should cause an interesting shake-up in the points down there.

Jimmy Blewett has also been having some good SK runs, with a win Tuesday and a 2nd place finish last night (though I understand there's some debate over whether he's a "Riverhead guy" or not...either way, I understand most of his crew is local). Nice to see some of the local guys having some good runs.