PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me???????????????????

Mortgage Guy
02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Chad Knaus gets a 3 race suspension, with no loss of points and 25,000.00 for an illegal device, BUT Terry Labonte gets a 25,000.00 fine and a loss of 25 driver and owner points. What am I missing here, the guy should be done. Jimmy Spencer said that was "like" the 7th time (not sure if that is accurate) he has been in trouble with his cheating, and he still gets to work??? I'm lost on this one. What do you think?

W. J.
02-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Let's see: Lowes sponsors the #48 team, and a Speedway. DLP/Texas instruments is, like LaBonte's team, new this year.

Okay, I've figured it out. :mad:

Not saying it's right, just that I've figured it out!

LongIslandJam
02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
It's a good question Mr. Mortgage Guy... I wish I had an answer, maybe someone on this forum has a logical answer... :confused:

catfish
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
NASCAR, and logical answer cannot be mentioned in the same breath

Ace
02-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Also how about NOTHING being done to Tony Stewart. He CRIES on Thursday saying someone is gonna be killed here and on Sunday wrecks Kenseth on purpose and ADMITS it on TV. Banged the heck out of the 5 after the 5 did the same thing that everyone else did ALL DAMN DAY,BLOCKING AND HE GETS A PENALTY?!?!
What a JOKE. :mad: :mad: :mad:

DAN D.
02-22-2006, 11:10 PM
THE POLITICS OF
STOCK CAR RACING
Politics in the example of....competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership

allhailunc
02-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Both Tony & Matt were wrong in doing what they did, albeit Tony admitted to returning the favor (didn't heat chit outta Matt). As for Kyle-someone has to teach that boy a lesson on how to drive-he hits just about everything out there except maybe the beer vendor on turn 2. Even his own crew chief came over the radio and told him to "Knock it off Kyle-Nascar is watching you". His actions, which is what Tony was referring to when he said about someone getting killed out there, warrant a serious going over, for he will, if allowed to continue on the present course, cause something that he'll regret forever. Put Terry back in that car; at least he lent dignity to Kelloggs. :disgusted

Jones44
02-23-2006, 05:35 AM
I say put Jimmy Spencer in a Cup car for one race, he'll teach those boys the meaning of respect. :lol:

44chargerfan
02-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Nascar=Doesn't wanna lose Lowe's.
Knaus=Can do as he pleases and NASCAR will suspend him and let him back.
Stewart=Can do as he pleases.
The Busch's= Have to learn when to rough someone up and when to wait for a mistake.

IDRIVEALARGECAR
02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
The Hendrick organization is like the token team for Nascar since Dale Sr. died and well, I really think the car and the whole team should have been Banished from competition for what they KNOWINGLY did and tried to get away with. Most States have a 3 strikes, your out law for repeat offenders, so why can't NASCAR. As Robert Yates put it, they should be barred from competition period for that kind of rule infraction. These large funded teams have no problem paying fines of a few thousand dollar's and to multi-million dollar teams that is all it is. If a team get's barred from competition, watch how the sponsor who funds the millions of dollars has a hissy fit. Their advertisement investment is not out there and if you're sponsoring a repeat cheater, what does that all say for LOWES, their employees, products, and business dealings? Are they cheating the general public with their products they sell? I think the France Family really needs to sit down with their people and take a good look at what they are doing to this sport we all love. Cheating and racing have been around for the same amount of time, but trying to get a legal competitive edge on the competition is and should be more rewarding. That getting caught cheating repeatedly is not anything to be proud of. It is Sad to see the direction that NASCAR is going. Just My Opinion.
Joey Colicchio

Mortgage Guy
02-23-2006, 10:02 AM
If that was the Bullfather, the whole post would be RED LOL...

oldschool
02-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Officials making bad calls, I've never heard of such a thing.

hollywoodmic
02-23-2006, 11:54 AM
You would think you guys never heard of people cheating. So Chad Knaus got caught..........they all cheat. The problem isn't that he cheated, the problem is he went through inspection 4 more times, nothing else was found illegal, and then he WON THE DAYTONA 500. If he wrecked you, Ryan Newman, Robert Yates would've said nothing. How come this board wasn't lit up last year when our own Tommy Baldwin Jr. had a spring loaded valance in the car and got caught?? With the rules as strict as they are, you need to cheat to get an edge or else we'll play follow the leader all day. THEY ALL CHEAT, they just don't all get caught. Can you believe last year Kevin Harvick put it on the pole at Talladega with an illegal fuel cell??? I can't believe they would do something like that. Folks, get off the soap boxes, it happens in every aspect of racing, all the way down to go-karts. Should I start bringing up those examples as well. NASCAR's problem in all series is that crazy "gray area". Ask Chuck Steuer from a couple of years back, he and Tommy Ryan re-wrote the charger rules by pushing the envelope. Why do you think teams have engineers, to get an edge. As far as the penalty, I don't know if I agree with that. I think it should be like a drug testing policy, each time you cheat you go back to past offenses and add on. Same penalty as last time........plus. At this point, Knaus may have been suspended for 15 races. To keep giving the same penalty over and over puts zero fear into anyone..............Hey Joey C., Lowes loves to sponsor that repeat cheater..........19 wins in 4 years, I bet they are pretty happy, 3 top 10 point finishes in 3 full years, oh, I bet they hate that. Ask any other sponsor out there if they would turn that down. It's great to win, no matter how you get there.

unowho243
02-23-2006, 12:22 PM
I agree ALL OF THE TEAMS cheat just the 48 team keeps getting caught.

IT HAPPENS AT RIVERHEAD TOO PEOPLE.... But i bet you already knew that lol.

And yes, I've seen some gokart teams cheat also, so it's just a part of racing that will never diminish.

art11758
02-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Cheating is such a harsh word. Creative rules interpretation has been around since pen was put to paper. One of my favorite creative people, Smokey Yunick, made a career out of innovative thinking. Y'all are in a wad 'cause it's Golden Boy and whiney Chad "my aero package" Knaus. I really don't care either way. Plus the car is at Daytona USA for the next twelve months for your inspection. (or to have lunch on) The Icebreaker is in 45 days. Just hang on a little longer......

Ace
02-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Hollywoodmic, I'd say the board wasn't lit up last year for TB jr because no one has put up the stats as the 48 has the past 3 years. I hear people complaining about Newman and his comments after the race, well like nascar.com said, he SAID what everyone else was thinking. 3 of the last 4 races that the 48 has won have been questioned in tech. I agree that Knaus' penalty should keep increasing with each offense. JMO