PDA

View Full Version : Good Place to Play with a Fun Kart

LongIslandJam
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Anybody have any ideas where someone could play with a fun kart?

RGeeProductions
03-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Shopping cart? Riverhead Raceway? Suffolk Life Building parking lot just past track? Any Long Island 7-11 except those along service roads [their parking lots too small]?

unowho243
03-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Any sump area, My back yard (I have a track). Rt 111 up by the Expressway?

W. J.
03-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Rt 111 by the Expressway? I'm afraid to drive my CAR in that area. :eek: A go kart would be suicide with the nuts driving there. :rolleyes:

CIN
03-07-2006, 11:38 AM
How about the H. Lee Dennison Building. That's where Levy's office is... ;) ...sorry couldn't resist.

unowho243
03-07-2006, 12:40 PM
No there's a huge sandpit about the size of 4 football fields with jumps and stuff right next to the Expressway off Route 111, next to the Holiday Inn Express hotel.

allhailunc
03-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I know of a big open area in Yaphank :lol:

CIN
03-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, And I know some great place in Calverton that is already paved... :)

W. J.
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
No there's a huge sandpit about the size of 4 football fields with jumps and stuff right next to the Expressway off Route 111, next to the Holiday Inn Express hotel.

Worse yet, Jim, some irresponsible yahoo on an ATV will run you over if you're on a Kart at that spot. With the hotel there now, the cops confiscating equipment won't be far behind.

unowho243
03-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Worse yet, Jim, some irresponsible yahoo on an ATV will run you over if you're on a Kart at that spot. With the hotel there now, the cops confiscating equipment won't be far behind.

No, not really, that's where my cousins and I go and as long as you don't have Open Headers making your bike quad or cart extremely loud, the police USSUALLY don't come. Out of the many times I've been there, I've only seen the police come once, and they actually found it quite entertaining. While I was riding, he was talking with my uncle about how much the quads go for, and where he could by one for his son, and in the end he told us to stay on the other side of the sand piles so the people in the hotel can't see. So he was a pretty cool officer (not saying they all are), but that's a chance I'm willing to take, because the place is well worth it!

W. J.
03-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm just saying as time goes by and the place gets move developed, watch out, they will come, and you'll not be treated as well, that's all. It all happens when the right 'businessman' calls the right politician or police commander. Like all other racing around here, enjoy what you've got while you still have it.