PDA

View Full Version : A Friend in Need.................

richardpetey
03-07-2006, 10:15 PM
During the last five weeks, caring for my wife was a painful ordeal, but when time allowed, I gained strength and inspiration from good people's (my friends) kind and compassionate words on this forum............. :)
I am blessed to have a racing family who cares for me this much, but sometimes the hurt was too much for words...................... :*-(
It's strange how one person's absence suddenly makes the whole world seem empty.................... :confused:
It has taught me nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength.......................... :*-(
A gentle reminder that the most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man......................... :cool:
Most of you never met my wife, but she would have touched you with her cheerful smile and loving words and deeds, I know they will live forever in my heart.................................. :*-(
I would like to thank everyone who came to my (and my family's) aid in this time of grief; the cards and letters, the flowers, the words of sympathy and all my wonderful racing friends (who traveled hundreds of miles) to attend the visitation and the funeral......................... :wave:
There are no words that can truly express my gratitude towards my racing family, you are the best people in the whole world................ :applause:
I'm sure everyone has had that special person in their lives for awhile, they leave loving footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same again............................ :*-(
I LOVE YOU ALL
UNCLE PETEY............................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
03-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Petey, keep your memories of Gale close to your heart at all times. You have years of great memories together and in that way, she will never leave you. Death is a part of life we all must face someday...and we, too, will hurt others. But from what I understand, we cannot be so selfish as too keep the ones we love by our side if the suffering was to be so bad. We will all meet again someday, in that other place, but for now we will have to go on in what I consider this hell.
Remember, You have your children... lifes product of what you and Gale made together. They need you now and you need them. Share your happiness and sadness with them. Take time to grieve and share your grief with them.
You are a great person Petey....nobody can discount this and that is why you have so many friends.

We are proud to be your friends, forever and always.
We love you too.

Bobby Pease
03-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Uncle Petey,
We All love you too brother!!

Lad3der
03-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Uncle Petey
You are a friend of all, that is what made you a friend of mine. I am glad that i was able to help lift you out of your hard time and give you some new found strength to go on. This is what family is all about. Always remember that we all are here for you, so if you need anything, just please reach out and touch one of us and we will help.

NJ Chick
03-08-2006, 02:41 PM
As I read your post Uncle Petey, it brought tears to my eyes all over again. :*-( It breaks our hearts to know how much you are hurting. It may not seem possible right now, but as time goes by, it will get a little easier and we are all here for you to help you get through. Gale will always be in your heart and watching over you...so with that in mind, you better look out! O:)

We love you too Uncle Petey
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CIN
03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Petey,
Know that Gale will live on in your memories...
Also, know that we are all here for you. She was one great lady to have a wonderful husband like you. Take care of those kids...

And anything and anytime you need anything at all just "holla"

Cin

skor20
03-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Hey Petey, again just want to say sorry for your loss. Your post was very touching and I'm just glad to have you as a friend.Yyou are a great person and you are one of the main reasons why all of us in the enduro family are friends. You bring the laughter and cheer to us all and I'm glad that that will continue for years to come. Can't wait to see you again in the hopefully good spirits that you normall have. Just remember, you and your family are great people. Thanks again for being a friend.

Rich Johnson
03-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Petey,

When you hurt...we hurt.

RacinRich

Geno
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
A little story about my friend, Richard Petey…..Late in ’02, I FINALLY got the chance to race something other than a kart and noticed this thing called NEETS, which was set for ’03, so I figured, ‘what the heck’…& joined their forum. With hardly any idea about setting up a car for an upcoming MVS race, I made a post asking for help & expected no response. Well, a response was delivered within seconds & it was some dude named Richard Petey. LOL, he had some pretty interesting stuff to say, but dammit, it worked! The craziest thing was that I had no idea whatsoever who this guy was, but it didn’t matter...we instantly became friends.

I know it’s off the subject & long winded, but Petey, your help for me wasn’t charity, nor did you know me one bit. It was all out of the love of the sport & the people who support it. Your will to succeed and helping others with their success is undoubtedly awesome!

I know it will take you time to help cope with your loss of Gale. It sucks that life has its cycle...sometimes short, sometimes long. With time and love, you’ll feel more like yourself. After all, your cheerfulness and funny remarks are built into your structure!

So, sorry for sounding off, but the bottom line is that we love ya too RP…from the bottom of my heart & all of us @ the Polish flock @ the Ostrowski household!

2j Late Model
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Uncle Petey,
There isn't much that I can say that has not already been said. :( Unfortunately we do know how you feel :-| (all to well). :-| We hope that we were as much of a comfort to as you ALWAYS are to us. :applause:
We all can not wait to see you again when the season picks up. :wave:
Please whatever you do, Please do not hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING :confused: .

WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-(

Mac Brothers Racing

CJfilms
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
It's true Petey we're all here for you!

Can't wait for another late night Denny's adventure!