PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Tech Question ATT. Billy

titainium rods
03-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I just finished speaking with Joe C. and he said its ok to run the edelbrock 2101 intake on the thrillers......I understand it says in the rules stock 2 or 4 bbl. intake, but also, as I remember, it also states NO adapter plates and I know we were all running the 4412 carb. & an adapter plate.... Just trying to get all this out in the open to "break-in" the new tech guy so he doesn't have an aneurism on opening day...... I think this would be smart to allow the 2101 intake for when the racer is ready to move up, they already have a intake cheated up that they may use in the next class!!!!! :cool: How about a heads up on this, Billy, so we are all on the same page? THANKS and see ya in a few weeks.

TechMan2k6
03-13-2006, 11:13 AM
To replace a "stock cast iron" intake with an aluminum intake..no. The rules state 2 or 4 barrel cast iron intake..the 2101 is an aluminum performance intake.

I won't have an aneurism... :wave:

Sheridan

titainium rods
03-13-2006, 01:15 PM
That's fine, just so everyone has to play by the same rule..... thanks

TechMan2k6
03-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I know about this carb and will not rule against it. It is a "stock" replacement carb, although not OEM, but the cfm's are the same, so it would be tough to rule against it. So the 4412 is legal tech for the thrillers.

Sheridan :cool:

NEETS-1
03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Call me on this. Let's get to the bottom of this before the season starts. From what I have found out, Gary had allowed the 2101 at certain times. WHY, I don't know....but I will call him tomorrow and get the scoop. (it's 12:30am now).
Personally, I say go with what the rules say. (no 4412 or 2101 unless it came stock with the vehicle). It will stand on that until I get a reason why it was allowed.
If it was for MVS cars to come up....I do not think that is fair to our guys. If it was for one or two "special races" then we will look at it from there but we will add weight (in the front rh side) to the ones that have it.
Please check back on a ruling for this to all pertaining parties.

titainium rods
03-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Billy, all the guys I'm doing engines for now were running a stock cast iron 2 bbl. manifold with an adapter plate and the 4412 carb. That's the set-up they have been using.... I don't think you want to take the 4412 from them now and make them look for a Rochester carb. I can see the 2101 not being used, but the stock carb. would be a pain when most of the guys already are using the 4412.

nbwracing
03-15-2006, 10:52 AM
I called Mountain twice about the carb & intake. I'm coming from another track & have to rework my motor for your rules. I have now purchased a 4412 & a 2101 intake because I was told twice they are allowed. Sounds like the tech man & the guy giving me advice over the phone don't agree. It puts me in a bad place when I come there with my shiny new thriller. Please help, I just spent a lot of money trying to be competitive with you guys. I'm hoping you change the rules so we don't have to guess.
Thanks, Big Mike, Hoosier Daddy racing

titainium rods
03-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Let's try something new....... open carbs. and manifolds, 850 double pumpers, and an open intake rule with a maximum 72 nitrous jet.... should be really fun for the fans watching cars over-power the tires and skate around!!!!!! :p :p :p

Rich Johnson
03-15-2006, 08:54 PM
CAREFULL !!! You are gonna get the Petey unit REALLY excited !

RACINRICH

TechMan2k6
03-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Is that good or bad....When the Petey unit gets excited... :confused:

titainium rods
03-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Billy, Moroso doesn't make a 2 bbl. adapter that goes from the stock 2bbl. intake manifold to a 2300 Holley 2 bbl., they make them for a performer 4 bbl. manifold, but not cast iron 2 bbl.. I have a some of them made by a different company. All aluminum and annodized bright red.... quite nice to look at. Could we use them??? All aluminum, not phenolic.... :eek: No nitrous ports either!!!!!! haa haa haa :eek:

TechMan2k6
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Stock cast iron intake...

unaltered Holly 4412 - 500cfm carb. 1" max aluminum spacer/adapter. Non-adjustable

Ultimately up to me :wave: that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... :cool:

Sheridan

drdestruction
03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Billy, According to the Catskill mountain speedway rules for "pure stocks", they must use stock two barrel carb and stock two barrel cast iron manifolds (no aluminum manifolds). Even the street stock division must run stock cast iron mainfolds, but can run a 4412 this year. :confused:

Dr. D :wave:

NEETS-1
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
2 or 4 bbl Stock mfg intakes w/ stock 2 or 4bbl carbs. May use Holley 4412 w/ 1" max non adj adapter. (all untouched).

nbwracing
03-17-2006, 09:31 AM
You guys are confusing. I'm ready to bolt on my intake. If I put on the 2101 & run in the top 3, am I going to be told to take it off or get dq or should I wait & see what other guys are doing in case the ruling might change? I prefer the 2101, but I don't want to be the only one with it. Maybe I'll wait it out until you guys iron it out. Your new class sounds like fun, but to keep it fair, you might have to :D require 6'' wheels & more right side weight.

titainium rods
03-17-2006, 10:17 AM
UNTOUCHED???? How are you supposed to bolt it on them..... use mental-telepathy? HAAAA HAAA HAAAA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEETS-1
03-18-2006, 08:07 PM
2 or 4 bbl Stock mfg intakes w/ stock 2 or 4bbl carbs. May use Holley 4412 w/ 1" max non adj adapter. (all untouched).
What's confusing....the rule was already in force and in the rulebook. It only became confusing when someone recieved the wrong info somewhere else. I hired a new tech man for 2006 and a question was asked so I called the 2005 tech man to see what he allowed and why. The answer was the stock out of box 4412 w/ a 1" non adjustable adaptor as a replacement. He never allowed the 2101 in Thrillers. His reasoning was that they are cheap, easy to tech, and still not as good as the 4bbl or F.I you are allowed.
To answer your question, If you do come with the 2101...yes, you will be dqed.

NEETS-1
03-18-2006, 08:09 PM
UNTOUCHED???? How are you supposed to bolt it on them..... use mental-telepathy? HAAAA HAAA HAAAA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Jer, now why would you want to mention anything about "mental" :p :p :p

winky417
03-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Billy, I'm changing my f/s over to a thriller. Just to get it straight so I don't have any problems--- Stock cast iron intake,1" adaptor, and can use my 4412 ? :) Sounds good to me, all I need is tires then :) See ya's at practice. Maddawg417-12

nbwracing
03-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey Billy, it sounds like I'm getting the right answers now, Thank you. But I have just one more question. Guys running T.B.I. are using the stock T.B.I. manifold. Are us carburatored guys allowed to use it with a carb? It only seems fair, but I'm not the boss.
Thank you for you advice.