PDA

View Full Version : Some Newbie enduro ?'s

unowho243
03-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Ok well I finally got an enduro car, thanks to Charlie's towing. Anyway, it's a 4 cyl Sentra and I have a few questions.

Since I can't use antifreeze, what else do I use? I've heard about water wetter, but where do I get it and how much will it run me? Are we allowed to keep the speakers on the rear deck of the car or no?

Also, how much do firesuits run, about, and anyone know where I can buy a cheap used one?

jimmy'z
03-19-2006, 06:25 AM
I ran a Sentra before too; drain that antifreeze, fill it with water...than drain it again.

I got hit for the $25.- fine and found out afterwards that on those little ricers you need to flush it out a few times. :mad:

The speakers? I guess in the dash or front doors you can keep them...The rear deck though i'm not sure. I left mine in and went through fine.

Just be watchful of the antifreeze. It sucks paying a fine that is more than the value of what you got the car for.

Rich Johnson
03-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Jimmy'z is right...You must do multiple flushes. I would not worry about additives. You should wire the fan to a manual switch OR wire it to come on when the car is running.
I do not see a problem with keeping the rear speakers in. You should get as much stuff as you can out of the car that could burn. You should also consider installing as much "driver protection" as you can.
I might be able to help you out with a suit. How tall are you and how much do you weigh ? (you can PM if you don't want to post it)

RacinRich

RacinRob
03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Jim you can get a firesuit on ebay for like 60 bucks. Do you have the number to Charlie's towing? I need a truck enduro. Thanks and good luck

W. J.
03-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Are we allowed to keep the speakers on the rear deck of the car or no?

Only if you play music that is acceptable to the people at the track, LOL!

RGeeProductions
03-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Jim failed to mention these are 15" subwoofers in 2' x 3' cabinets!!!!!!!!

unowho243
03-19-2006, 10:53 PM
haha, nah, no subwoofers in this one, lol and I'm about 6', 240lbs Racin Rich, don't bother me to post it on here, I'm a healthy boy, lol.

Are we allowed to have the little fire extingishers in the car if they're secured down? It didn't mention it in the rules?

Rich Johnson
03-20-2006, 03:22 AM
A fire extingusher is OK and is a good idea. The old suit I have is from Ralph Tasso. He was about 5'7 and about 175 lbs. It fit me when I first started.

RACINRICH

unowho243
03-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Lol, I doubt it would fit me, but thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it. If i don't find one, I think I just might wear a welding jacket, lol.

W. J.
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I have only one comment to add, and we've touched on this before. It's your safety that's at stake, and you better do what's best for you. One unsafe incident can bring a career in racing to an abrupt halt.

unowho243
03-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I totally agree on that W.J., I'm gonna do my best with the money I have.

unowho243
03-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Are we allowed to put a little spoiler on the back if it's mounted down well, not like a big wing, but a spoiler like on the late models, trucks, and mods?

deathwishracin1
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I haven't had a problem running the factory wing on my Eclipse, but my brother had to take the factory wing off of a 91 Delta 88... it all depends on how picky the officials feel like being that day.

MOTORHEAD
03-24-2006, 11:12 AM
When you flush out any cooling system, to get all of the antifreeze out, pull one of the heater hoses off and make sure the temp lever on dash is on full hot. Also, keep the petcock closed, then stick the garden hose in the top of the radiator and only open the valve 1/4 of a turn and let it run about 5 minutes. Then start the motor and let it run another 5 minutes. By then, there should be no traces of antifreeze left.

pitbull113
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
unowho243 check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Used-RCI-Firesuit_W0QQitemZ4623543873QQcategoryZ107069QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full

unowho243
03-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Awesome thanks im going to try to get that one :applause:

jimmy'z
03-25-2006, 05:05 AM
AFAIK if it wasn't factory on the car it can't be added. I used to run a big shark fin on the roof of my old malibu wagon and out of 13 races with it; it was allowed in 7 times...rest of them I had to take it off.

( like deathwish said; it's all a matter of what the officials had for breakfast that day :) )

unowho243
03-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Also 2 more ?s

My car has automatic seatbelts; they go up the pillar when you start the car. Are those legal?

And, can we paint the sidewalls of the tires? I know it said no greasing them, but does that mean paint too?

W. J.
03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Uh, let's see here. You haven't decided on a paint scheme for your car, and you're already worrying about whether or not you can paint the tires? Save your money for safety equipment, and leave them black, LOL.

pinkswifee
03-26-2006, 01:32 AM
hi jim vinny said if you can't afford a firesuit wear long sleeve shirt and also if you need anything.just let him know he will gladly help you !!! we are not going anywhere anytime soon.pm him or you know how to get him

p.s eddie says wasssssssssuup :D

Rich Johnson
03-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Jim
You could get away with that seat belt setup. However...It could break under a hard impact.
As far a painting the tires...
The rules state...Not to be coated with ANY foreign substances.

For racers who can not afford a full suit...I have read that NEW blue jeans offer more fire protection than old ones...Wear socks that are 100% cotton rather than ones that have nylon or rayon in them.

RacinRich

unowho243
03-26-2006, 09:48 PM
no i pretty much have the firesuit thing covered so im not worried about that but i am worrried about the Auto seatbelts because i know there known to break so i might weld the part that moves in the up position so it doesnt move anymove and weld the track that its on to the pillar in a few more spots!

also what can i put in between me and the driver door to soften the blow if i get a drives door hit?

sorry for all the dumb ?'s but its my first time and i cant afford to get hurt lol

RacinRob
03-27-2006, 12:09 AM
I put the foam cushion from the back seat on the drivers doors to soften any blow you might take.

art11758
03-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes, cutting the cover off of the base of the rear seat (provided it was a full seat that ran from side to side) yields a nice piece of foam. Using some 1/4" tie wraps you can attach it to the inside of the drivers door. Before doing so, remove anything that can be unbolted or un riveted from the inside of the door except the actual latch assembly. The idea being to get out anything that could possibly perforate your person. (window regulators and such) When the door is empty, close it, lock it, and weld or chain it shut. If the door does not have frames to easily chain it, get a 1" holesaw and figure out where to put the chain where it will hold the door shut in a case of worst possible scenario. 5/16 chain and 1-1/2 inch long 3/8-16 bolts with flat washers at each side of the "joint" with double nuts works well. As far as the belts, you want to be secure. Disable the movement part of the belt in the up position and secure it there. JMO as always

N.Y. racing
04-12-2006, 12:43 PM
I am new here and to the world of Enduro racing. I have been looking around for a car or two to race with and I have a couple of rookie questions. I will be racing at Riverhead with all of you this upcoming season (hopefully)

The first ? is I just looked at a Crown Vic with a 5.0 engine, it is selling for $350 bucks. It has a bent frame, I talked to a few people who used to race enduros and they have told me it shouldn't matter. But I want to be sure that it wouldn't be a big deal racing in the enduros with an already bent frame, so PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. The second problem I noticed with the car was after idling for about 10 minutes, the car ran out of gas, and when it shut off, there was some noticable smoke coming from (it seemed) behind the block. I am wondering if this car and if the price sounds right for Enduro racing??

Also, I am looking for an open trailer for an Enduro car. I need something reliable and in good shape, If anyone knows of any for sale then please let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou

W. J.
04-12-2006, 12:55 PM
The car you're talking about sounds like one that probably had two former lives; first, a cop car; second, taxi cab. It sounds like its been beaten to death. My advice is keep looking.
All of what you seem to want or need can be found here in our classifieds, you need only to look. :)

N.Y. racing
04-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Sorry I forgot to add that the car was owned and driven by an elderly lady just to go to the store sometimes. The lady ended up hitting a concrete post in a parking lot and has been sitting in a back yard ever since.

Thank you for the quick response and I will surely check the classifieds.

pitbull113
04-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I agree with Walter. I would not consider a car with a bent frame unless you're just looking to run a couple of races and be done with it. Of course it depends where the frame damage is. The smoke is probably the valve cover gasket. I would consider checking out the classifieds and getting a car race ready. It would save you time and money in the long run. I also would consider the six cylinder class, since you're new to enduros. There are less cars and cleaner racing in that division.

N.Y. racing
04-12-2006, 01:24 PM
The frame is bent at the front right fender. Thankyou for your reply, much needed.

I also looked at a Grand Am which is in perfect condition, So what does everyone think about the 4 cylinders as well??

Also is there a point system for any Enduro classes or no??

pitbull113
04-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Seems to be a lot of different winners in that class, so that's good. The fours really get around that track fast and there seems to be a lot of contact and the best chance of getting hurt.

RacinRob
04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Trucks are a good division to RACE in. Just hard to find a good pick-up to use.

N.Y. racing
04-12-2006, 03:09 PM
What about price? Does that sound about right to everyone or a lil' high, low???

Thanks for responding

art11758
04-12-2006, 04:23 PM
You didn't list a year but you said 5.0 so it shouldn't be much newer than a 90 or so. Pristine those cars blue book for $600. If you want it for parts and it has a good running under 75000 mile EFI engine in it, its worth about what they are asking. But that's just for parts. So I agree with the other posts here and pass on it.

RacinRob
04-12-2006, 05:07 PM
call stans towing they have cars and at reasonable prices. (631) 696-3245

N.Y. racing
04-12-2006, 06:17 PM
thankyou , greatly appreciated.

Do they got a website so i can look at the cars right now??

N.Y. racing
04-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I just went out and purchased a pristine condition '87 Grand AM, with I think 120,000 miles, for $400 bucks, with it delivered to my door and a brand new inspection good for a yr if I want to drive it on the road for awhile. Was purchased through a mechanic I know, only drove it to work and back a couple times a week. I think I'm gonna just turn it into an enduro right away in time for the practices coming up to get some track time. Any thoughts on this?? Look for me making my Enduro (hopefully full) season debute, Jason Boeklen from Sag Harbor. Thanks for everyone's help and I will take all your advice for now and stay away. See if I can find a better condition v8, or 6 (to run in the 8's or the grand,) or even a cheap s-10, before the start of the season. Will call Stans Towing tomorrow, thanks again.

Couple quick questions, are there points kept in the Grand division ???? How expensive is a set of Hoosier tires for the Grands ??

CIN
04-12-2006, 07:53 PM
There are no official points kept for the grands as of this date. As for the price of the tires....someone from the grands please give him the answer. I forget what Rich paid last year. And Jason, just remember if you run the stock division at Riverhead I believe it is pretty much the same rules as Mountain, especially the Trucks/Truxs. Go on each site - Riverhead and Neets and check the rules. Then you can get quite a lot of seat time.

Just My 50 Cents.

Cin

RacinRob
04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
id love to go to mountain but i cant find an open trailer. They are all sold already :(

pitbull113
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Try ebay for trailers.

RacinRob
04-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm posting an ad in the classifieds, so I hope i get some response QUICK! I really want to have one by the second testing date. I'm getting my truck together and I still have to do paint and stuff. Hopefully, something surfaces by then.

art11758
04-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Rob, what you are looking for is worth more than you are willing to pay. If you have access to credit try looking here: http://www.econo-trailer.com
I owned one of thier open trailers in the past and they are hands down the one of the best bang for the buck trailers out there.

W. J.
04-13-2006, 01:49 PM
id love to go to mountain but i cant find an open trailer. They are all sold already :(
That's what happens when you don't plan (far enough) ahead.

RacinRob
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
i know Walt but it was a pain finding a decent truck. I just got one yesterday.

N.Y. racing
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Just want to make sure before I purchase it that a Snell Certified M2000 helmet is legal. And if others are looking for a helmet you can find some for about 50 bucks with free shipping at www.factoryoverloads.com/snell_helmets.html

Thanks for all of your help

pitbull113
04-13-2006, 06:46 PM
The rules state snell 95 rated or better so it should be o.k. but the M is not fire proof which might be an issue. Spend the extra cash and get an SA2000.

N.Y. racing
04-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the info. What does everyone think about the RCI brand SA2000 which is on ebay??? Anyone buy one off of ebay yet?? If RCI sucks, where can I find a good cheap SA2000? I've been looking around and haven't found much, just requested a few catalogs.

pitbull113
04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I have some RCI safety equipment and it seems like good stuff at reasonable prices. Fortunatly I haven't had to "test" all of it yet. Knock on wood. :D

N.Y. racing
04-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Whats everyones preference between 2 piece suits compared to one piece???

pitbull113
04-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I like the two piece suit, especially when it gets hot. Easy to just carry the jacket around instead of unzipping suit and wrapping the sleeves around waist. BUT, a two piece is not legal for most other racing, so if you plan on "moving up", you'll have to buy another.

N.Y. racing
04-14-2006, 01:25 PM
What's the feeling about one layer vs two layers? Is it worth buying the 2 layer suit??? It's more than double the price.

pitbull113
04-14-2006, 01:36 PM
IMO thats a decision you can only make yourself. How much do you value your skin? How long do you plan on racing? A good suit will last you many years of protection. But lets face it who has $1000 to spend on a suit to run enduros? Buy the best suit you can afford and you will get many years of use out of it.Pay attention to cleaning instructions it will make the material last longer.

CIN
04-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree with the cleaning instructions, very important. If you dry clean it the fire proofing will last but one shot in the washer and dryer and you might as well just wear a long sleeve shirt.
Cin

pitbull113
04-14-2006, 03:48 PM
I hate to disagree with you Cin but I was just watching a tv show and a rep. from a racing suit maker said do not dry clean cause they dont know what chemicals they use to clean them with especially if you get the suit dry cleaned and use it right away. I go with a gentle cycle or front loader and then hang dry.But to be safe check the label on the suit you buy.

CIN
04-14-2006, 04:40 PM
ok I will stand corrected, when Rich got his it said Dry clean only for continued fire protection. Do Not wash. Guess it has changed.

pitbull113
04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
My RCI suit is ten years old and the label reads dry clean or hand wash and hang dry. I guess it depends on who makes the suit. Like I posted before your better of checking the label. Cleaning instructions seem to differ between manufacterers.

N.Y. racing
04-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Alright I think i just found my second car. It is a 6 cylinder (that's why I want it), it's a '95 Dodge Shadow. What's everyone think about this car for the 6 cyl class??? Please let me know ASAP any thoughts on this car racing, or if anyone has had problems racing Shadows in the past. I am going to be trying to get the Shadow tomorrow, unless I hear a reason I should not, so please feel free to tell me your opinion. Thanks in advance for any response.

unowho243
04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Can we leave all the window raising stuff inside the door or does that have to be yanked, too.

pitbull113
04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Just the glass. Remove any inside handles for safety. Then pad the inside of the door with an old seat back.

N.Y. racing
04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
No responses about the Dodge Shadow huh???? Anyone??? How about the parts anyone know if its hard to come by parts or anything for the Shadow???

pitbull113
04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
I can't help you with advice on the shadow but I can welcome you to the 6 cyl. division. Glad to see the division grow.

N.Y. racing
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Alright well I guess ima go pick up the car in a couple of hrs. If anyone has an opinion on the Shadow, or has raced it PLEASE let me know what you think. thanks for any and all responses.

Thanks pitbull for the welcome, How many ran the 6's last yr any idea???

pitbull113
04-18-2006, 01:47 PM
The average field was about 20 cars with the field getting bigger every race the last race(ugh) there were about 30 cars. Usually the races are pretty clean.

N.Y. racing
04-18-2006, 01:57 PM
How does the payout structure work ?????? anyone know??

thanks again pitbull

art11758
04-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Can we leave all the window raising stuff inside the door or does that have to be yanked too
That "raising stuff" is commonly referred to as the window regulator. Yeah I know a weird name - I didn't think of it, just relating the information.
The purse structure was on the entry blanks way back when. I'm not 100% sure about that anymore.

unowho243
04-18-2006, 02:45 PM
Can we use Plexi Glass or Lexan for windshields and if so, does it have to be the whole length of the windshield and what would be the best way to fasten it to the car? Sheetmetel screws?

pitbull113
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Use lexan. Home Depot or Lowes (I forget where I got mine ) Get some steel straps for braces. I ran a bead of silicone and then used self-tapping screws with a pilot hole drilled. I believe it must be a full windshield, but I'm not sure.

art11758
04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
The rules say a full windshield (without cracks) or reinforced Lexan. I would absolutely not use plexiglass. If it breaks (and it does, easily) it makes nice sharp pointed pieces very near your person.(like big daggers) Plus it isn't allowed any way.

unowho243
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok thanks guys, I appreciate it.

W. J.
04-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Can we leave all the window raising stuff inside the door or does that have to be yanked, too.

Pitbull113 is right. Remove it because it can get hit, bent and hurt you. Remember, your safety supercedes the rules. Don't forget the padding either. There can be some sharp edges inside a door panel, since they aren't usually exposed.

N.Y. racing
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Alright I just got back from checkin out the car. Its not a 95 like he said, its a 94. I measured the wheel base (center of tire to center of tire) and it measured out to 100" I believe that is accurate. Obviously as you all know the rules say minimum 101" wheel base. Would this be a problem at the track an INCH maybe inch and a quarter??? Thanks for everyones help.

unowho243
04-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Anyone have an idea of what I can use for padding, because I already chucked the back seat in the dumpster?

W. J.
04-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Mom have any old, unused pillows around the house? If not, time to go "trash night cruisin' " and see who is throwing an old sofa away, LOL!!!

unowho243
04-19-2006, 12:28 PM
That thought actually crossed my mind lol, looks like thats what i have to do!

RacinRob
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM
jim are your running a window net or cage?

N.Y. racing
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
So does anyone think that inch is going to be a problem?????

RacinRob
04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Jason i wish i could help you but i dont know how far they stretch the rules.

unowho243
04-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Rob I'm running a partial cage, A door bar and a bar behind me that goes above my head and as for a net, I didn't think that they were at riverhead just at mountain.

RacinRob
04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Window nets are allowed...use should think about it because those 4 bangers go fast and safety safety, safety.....I got a used one on ebay with mounting kit for 14 dollars.

W. J.
04-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Window nets are aloud...

How "loud" are they???

RacinRob
04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
fixed W.J lol

unowho243
04-19-2006, 08:06 PM
not a bad idea then.

N.Y. racing
04-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Just wondering if the SA2005 is as fire proof as the SA2000 or is it the same or less or what?? Thanks in advance for any reply.

RGeeProductions
04-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Just wondering if the SA2005 is as fire proof as the SA2000 or is it the same or less or what?? Thanks in advance for any reply.
Interesting stuff here....
Snell Facts (http://www.smf.org/faqs.html)
SA2000 vs SA2005 Thread (http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/printthread.php?t=11162)

pitbull113
04-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Great link RGee!

N.Y. racing
04-25-2006, 02:17 AM
A couple more questions from the rook

Your suppose to leave all the cover guards and all that stuff on right???

Also could someone please tell me if the trim around the car is considered a rub rail or not???? It runs around the whole car and is exactly from the center of the rim to the top of the tire.

The heating coil and all that comes out right?????

Is the seatbelt which is in the window considered legal as long as it works????

questions apply to the 4 cyl class. Thank You for any and all responses, very much needed~!!

art11758
04-25-2006, 08:26 AM
You really need to look here: http://www.riverheadraceway.com/4CylinderEnduro.pdf
For the trim see rule 16.
For the belt see rule 5. I prefer to be belted well. You can get a five point belt at Auto Barn or any speed shop or mail order house. If your butt is slidin' around 'cus you cannot make your belts tight enough, you have more things to think about than just drivin' the car 'cus your busy hangin' on.
The heater core is personal preference. I took out anything that could fail that wasn't necessary. Some guys leave 'em in as an emergency cooling device. Personally if it's overheating, you have troubles and the heater prolly ain't gonna fix it. Plus theres the risk of that 200 degree plus bath should the heater core be the thing that fails. It is hot enough in the car as it is so my vote is still to remove it. And don't just loop the hose back to the block. Get the correct pipe plugs and do the job right the first time.
Be Safe and have fun.

N.Y. racing
04-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Yea I have read this a few times just wasnt sure if I would have to rip off the trim on the drivers side because it actually acts as a rub rail, but I guess they dont want the plastic to fall off onto the track.??

Also I just wasnt sure with reading the rules if you have to take all the plastic off of the front, the plastic grill piece, plastic bumper guards, etc., Could someone please clear this up for me????

Thanks for your help Art

unowho243
04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
ok my windshield is shattered and i went to home depot and the only yhing they had was 4'' by 8'' sheets of acrylic with that work its pretty thick?

and NY racer what heater coil are you talking about? i didnt take any heater coil out of my car.

N.Y. racing
04-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Someone PLEASE let me know if you have to take all the plastic off of the front, the plastic grill piece, plastic bumper guards, etc.???????

Thankyou

pitbull113
04-25-2006, 10:45 PM
unowho243 Go somewhere else and get lexan.Settle for nothing less. N.Y. remove ALL plastic on car except the rubber or plastic bumper covers and don't forget to chain bumper. Remove the heater CORE hot water has no place in the drivers compartment of a race car.

N.Y. racing
04-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks again Pitbull for your help Just wanted to be positive before going ahead and ripping everything like that off.

Another quick 4 cyl question, what is legal to use as a rub rail on the drivers side??? Also we are allowed to weld a couple of pipes in the driver's door just for support in case of a hard hit there, correct ???????

pitbull113
04-26-2006, 12:59 AM
The rules state that the rub rail can't stick out more than 1 1/2" from body. I'm using 1"x2" tube with the ends angled and capped. Bolted with 3/8" bolts,fender washers and lock nuts. Door bars should be fine just remember a poorly mounted door bar can become a projectile in a hard collision.

N.Y. racing
04-26-2006, 01:53 AM
So with all the plastic off of the front it should just be the radiator and the bumper/bumper cover, Correct ??

You can install a 5 point racing harness to any stock seat, right???? No need for a racing seat or anything????????

Thank you very much again pitbull

RacinRob
04-26-2006, 01:35 PM
yes ny racing but protect your radiator. Use chicken wire or something of that nature.

N.Y. racing
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Can you install a 5 point harness without a roll bar ???????????? Strap it to the roof or something????

Does the 5 point harness have to be up to date???? Can you have an expired one????

Thanks again Rob

pitbull113
04-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Strap it to the roof or something???? Please tell me your kidding N.Y. If your unsure how to mount your belts take a look at other cars and see how its done properly. Laps can usually be mounted to original spots and than the shoulder down the back to the floor mounted with a grade 8 and BIG load bearing washers.Crotch the same thing just up front. There are other ways to do this but if the belts are not done right they could hurt you. Belts can be expired but new belts are not that expensive.

N.Y. racing
04-27-2006, 02:09 AM
:lol: LMAO !!! I guess ou cant show sarcasm over the internet very well but I was laughin to myself when I wrote it.

RGeeProductions
04-27-2006, 08:06 AM
LMAO??? If you read all your other posted questions, it would be easy to say this wasn't a joke question. Also shows how many really want to help in a real situation.

woot lawrence
04-27-2006, 12:05 PM
I usually weld a bar from door to door up tight to the seat. This will keep the sides of the car from coming in on you if you get hit really hard in the door, it also supports the seat if you get rearended hard and it is also a place to mount the shoulder straps for a 5 point harnes.

N.Y. racing
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
The How do you mount a belt was not a joke, but the strap to the roof was just a lil sarcasm. I know the belt mounted to the floor just didnt understand exactly how. I never raced a car before only Go Karts and there were no harneses in my class, so wasnt positive on how the straps wrapped around you and bolted to the floor.

FYI RGEE - LMAO is computer slang for laugh my *** off. Also not in all of my other posts am I dead drunk.

Thanks very much woot.

pitbull113
04-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Also not in all of my other posts am I dead drunk. Thats funny! :D

deathwishracin1
05-01-2006, 10:56 PM
just making sure its known that its mandatory that if you have any type of racing harness or cage in the car you need a firesuit. dont want anyone to run into a problem raceday. they were giving problems for that last year.

N.Y. racing
05-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Yes I did know that, but Thank you for pointing that out.