PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the 100th Blunderbust winner?

VNYLGRFX
03-20-2006, 08:40 PM
The first NEW winner of 2006 will be the 100th Blunderbust driver to reach victory lane

Who's it going to be?

LongIslandJam
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Choices (from what I know of the 2006 roster of who's really running):

Ralph Vignera, Jessica Cohan, Rich Johnson, Matt Pepitone, Mike Panico, PJ Vecchio, Michael Rommeney, Scott Pedersen, Jessica Larsen, Tony Puckett, Jr., Tom O'Malley, Sam Blanton, Mike Meola, John Delavergne, Ray Shannon, Paul Parisi, Tom Alt, Thomas J. Stock....

My pick: Rich Johnson, the man has won in everything else, its hard to rule the guy out...

Rich Johnson
03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks J.A. I am gonna' give it my best shot !

RACINRICH

LongIslandJam
03-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Walkowiak can't be the 100th winner, as he already is a winner... This is for the 100th different driver ever to take a checker for the division...

You have a good shot, and so do many others as well..:)

Tracy87BB
03-21-2006, 08:14 AM
I know that it IS Silly Season, and a wise friend taught me, "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see." That being said, I heard rumor that John Delavergne will be behind the wheel of a Figure 8 car this year. I think that he reads the board periodically, so perhaps he can clarify this. Puckett's car is listed for sale in the Jam classifieds. Does he have a different car? Is he planning on running his car unless and until it is sold? Scott Pedersen has come oh so close a few times, and all he needs is a little luck, I think. If he actually decides to run a limited schedule, his chances of being #100 will shrink a little, but without full fields he does still have a realistic shot. Mike Rommeney is in a car that has won races before, maybe now that he's gained some seat time he'll roll it back into Victory Lane. As JA said, it's awfully hard to rule Rich Johnson out in anything he runs...
So, officially, I'll vote, "I don't know." :lol: My trips to Riverhead have become less frequent, and I just don't have the knowledge of the drivers in the division like I used to. I just added my two cents to ponder.

Wheel Racing
03-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Opening Night-How about Paul Parisi for the 100th?

VNYLGRFX
03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Opening Night-How about Paul Parisi for the 100th?

I think Paul won, not last year but the year before 2004?

Tracy87BB
03-21-2006, 06:22 PM
I can't access my handicapping sheets from 2004 because I got a new computer last year and never transferred that data from the old one. I did, however, check the final season standings for the division for 2004 on the Jam. They show Paul with 0 wins and 2 top 5's in 15 starts in 2004. I know Paul and Traci check the message board periodically...maybe they can let us know for sure.

JA, I hate to correct you, but according to your Blunderbust winners page, Tom Alt won on May 13, 2000, so he couldn't be the 100th winner either.

LongIslandJam
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Rechecked my records, and Paul Parisi has yet to feel the thrill of victory lane.

And with Tom Alt, you're right Tracy... Geezz... After all these years, you still keep me on my toes... LOL...

originalpoet
03-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Now that all that's cleared up, I'll go with Rich Johnson... (inTom Slee's car right?)

Tracy87BB
03-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Wheel, one thing to keep in mind about Opening Night...according to my handicapping (assuming it's correct), Bill Wegmann can start no further back than 2nd as long as he qualifies out of his heat race. Now, obviously, anything is possible and a million things could potentially happen during the course of the day, but I will say this...Wegmann is fast, and I think he'll be hard for anyone to beat Opening Night if he starts that far up. That's not to say that I think any less of Paul Parisi, as we raced with him for many years and I do also respect him...it's just a matter of who's starting further up and how difficult I think it may be for anyone to catch him.

originalpoet
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Did I miss something here... are we talking the 100th new winner, or opening night winner? Opening night winner will be the "Wild Child".

Tracy87BB
03-22-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry if I confused you, poet...I guess we kind of got on two topics at the same time. My post was just a response to Wheel's prediction that the 100th new winner would roll into Victory Lane on Opening Night. :eek:

originalpoet
03-22-2006, 01:48 PM
No need to apologize Tracy, I guess I did not read Wheels post carefully enough, but I'll stick with my prediction for opening night win... you heard it here first...

Wheel Racing
03-22-2006, 07:25 PM
No need to apologize Tracy, I guess I did not read Wheels post carefully enough, but I'll stick with my prediction for opening night win... you heard it here first...
Wow fella, talk about going out on a limb, but if Tracy is correct we will have a nice race with 00/79 for the win. I will change my 100th prediction to Paul Parisi in week #2. I have a good feeling about the Week# 4 winner as long as handicapping cooperates. hehe
PS Poet: My car will be arriving this week for the "Special" update

originalpoet
03-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey Wheel, I like your plan ... "smells" like success...