PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Horn...

Teds Race Tours
03-23-2006, 01:40 PM
..Great pics Fran. It's great to have this venue to show off some of your dad's work. I'm sure he's looking down and smiling upon you.
The Pahk was one of my favorite tracks. What, no pics of the "Thunderbolt"? :)

Mortgage Guy
03-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey Fran, on the tracks, maybe you should put some captions under the photo, in case we don't know who is who. You know in your spare time.

RGeeProductions
03-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Fran and I have put together a great relationship, friendshipwise and photography wise. He takes the pictures, I put it all together for all to see. Once again, I don't caption for the fact, 1. If anyone wants to buy pictures from Fran, it makes it easier to find these pictures. 2. It takes a bit of time to resize pictures and create the page. Putting up captions would actually take just as long as doing all the other work in time. Remember, it's 54 pictures therefore 54 captions. I also like to caption them but every night I spend my free time doing this and just don't have enough time to do all everyone suggests or what I myself would like also. You have to remember what Jam was a few short years ago with pictures. With digital and the cheapness of memory cards now, we have increased the pictures at least 20 fold. On Saturday nights, I was getting 700-800 pictures from Jon Keo last season. I had to look and sort out every pic, repeats, bad shots, etc, THEN resize, then create the page. If I can find someone to just edit for captions, I will try to implement it for this season. Otherwise it will be a compromise of less pictures if I would have to caption them all. Believe me, I want captions too, even tho I know what they are, but there are many who don't. We will see what we can do as the season comes upon us.

Mod134
03-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Fran and Richie great job on the Chrome Horn section this year. It's hard to believe the Park's been gone 7 years already. I only made it there once so this is definitely a treat for me to see. Especially considering those shots of Reg in that Teddy Bear Pools car probably circa 1987, I was only 1 year old lol. Thanks for everything guys and it is always beneficial to have more pictures of these former tracks on the web :).

Mortgage Guy
03-24-2006, 05:26 PM
About 5 pictures from the end there is a photo of Mike McLaughlin and his whole crew, I'm pretty sure the guy standing on the right of him (if you are looking at the picture) is Greg Zippedelli crew chief for Tony Stewart. Can anyone confirm or deny that?? Thanks.

chrome horn
03-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Ted, if you look at the picture of the super mod, you see the base of the "THUNDERBOLT" the best picture I have of the BOLT is one near and dear to my heart, and I didn't want it to get lost in the page of pictures.

Halp, I believe it is Zippy. It may also be his brother. I'm about 90% sure though that is the Zippy you are talking about

AnneMarie
03-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm just curious to see the photos...if they are of big zip and little zip I would know... :confused:

LongIslandJam
03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Main page of LongIslandJam.com, under the Chrome Horn article which is at top now.

AnneMarie
03-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks...that's definitely NOT little Zip..(Scotty) It would be Greg if anybody....:wave: