PDA

View Full Version : F1 Gokart facility in Calverton

Weatherwd
03-25-2006, 09:17 AM
F1 Long Island has a website up and running : http://www.f1longisland.com/

The proposed go kart racing facility is to be on Edwards Avenue in Calverton
Show your support for kart racing on Long Island by filling out the petition.

I recently spoke to one of the principals of the project and there is a very good possibility of incorporating a 1/5th mile Oval Track into their design if there is enough interest!! Remember the "Good Old Days" of Westhampton and Medford Raceways??? Poughkeepsie on Long Island, perhaps?

Be sure to mention an oval track in the Comment box on the petition
Thanks,
Bob Petersen

Weatherwd
06-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Subject: Fw: Current status of F1 Long Island

Dear Karting Enthusiast,

I am writing to you today to update and ask for your support in our efforts to bring a premier motor sports venue to Long Island. As many of you are aware, F1 Long Island has been actively engaged in the permitting process with the town of Riverhead for over one year. We are "coming down the home stretch" and now face a series of public hearings on the matter.

Our first hearing is with the Town of Riverhead Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) scheduled for Thursday June 22, 2006 at 7:30pm at the Riverhead Town Hall, Howell Avenue, Riverhead, New York. The town Zoning Board of Appeals will listen to discussion on two issues: The height of our club house (technically slightly over building code height, however the building is set in a hole so it appears lower than code from the street) and our key issue- permitted accessory uses (such as restaurant, bar, conference/party room, catering, kart storage, etc). While the town code is clear that karting is permitted the code is somewhat gray as to what is allowed along with this use.

F1 has retained legal counsel that suggests this process to visit the ZBA at this time is highly IRREGULAR for the town SEQR process but admits we must take this course of action at the town planning board's request. So that is why we need your help. We need a show of support at this hearing as opponents to this project will be notified to show their opposition to the project at this ZBA meeting. Several of you have responded to our previous email offering to speak on our behalf at the public hearings and we will be contacting you in the next week to follow up on this request.

We urge you to come out and show support for this project on June 22, 2006 , 7:30pm at Riverhead Town Hall, Howell Ave, Riverhead, NY. Please tell your friends!

Thank you for your support,

Marc Leibowitz
Marc J. Leibowitz
CEO, F1 Long Island

Office 631.351.0316
Cell 516.384.4693
email to: marc@f1longisland.com

fastgal
06-04-2006, 09:50 PM
too bad it wont happen. riverhead town wants to pass a law this tuesday which would make it illegal to park a dually on your own property. its all about quality of life issues (those with too much influence and money over the politicians) instead of the working family having a outlet for fun

DAN D.
06-05-2006, 12:31 AM
a dually even with passenger not commercial plates ?

fastgal
06-05-2006, 05:02 AM
as long as the gvw is 10,000 lbs as determined by the manufacter it will not be permitted to be parked on any residential zoned property, street or any property which has a residence

art11758
06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
I wonder what sort of "knee jerk" reaction this is to? I'm sure there is a specific complaint originating all of this, could you find out what it is / was?
Still supporting the proposed facility is a good thing. I've always thought that if you think you are beaten, you are.

fastgal
06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
i live in riverhead and if you cant have a dually anymore; do you think that they will let someone build another racetrack? i really dont think so. not being negative about it just looking at it for its worth

art11758
06-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Point taken. Still curious as to what quality of life issue a dually pick up truck threatens to disrupt. I mean what sort of activity are they being linked to? Self employed contractors? Illegal dumpers? Most folks I know that trailer horses or have one of those 30 foot plus fifth wheel style RV's pull them with a dually and I cannot imagine they are in favor of such a rule. Seems like there is more to it to me.

fastgal
06-05-2006, 12:25 PM
i have a 5th wheel and a boat and it looks like i must loose one of them. i was told by a town board member " it's not me" but it comes down to $600,000 houses and not wanting to see pickups and trailers bringing down property values. so i guess the working class gets the shaft here. i know this is off topic but what i'm trying to imply is don't get your hopes up. i will support the track but the bias of the town board is going with the rich snobs that are ruining this town.