PDA

View Full Version : Truck Question

pappywrench
03-25-2006, 07:49 PM
I was checking the enduro rules out and when I checked Riverhead's truck (enduro) rules I saw that Dodge trucks are not allowed. Can someone shed light on this as to why? Don't want to open any cans of worms, just curious. :confused:
thanks Pappy

W. J.
03-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Only a guess here, but the Dakota seems to be their smallest truck, and it is considered (by Dodge) to be mid-size. I'm sure there is a valid reason, probaly having to do with structure and weight.

CIN
03-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Actually...There is a Ram 50, which has the Mitsu platform and drivetrain.
I am sure this was a oversite and the Ram 50 would be permitted.

Cin

tstiles
03-28-2006, 07:13 PM
i was at a pre-race inspection last year with my truck. it was the right height and was what most guys had out there, an s-10. a mid-sized dodge pulled up next to me to be inspected, and the officials saw a huge size difference. the truck -with enough steam - could have driven right over mine. it looked like a monster truck next to mine and i guess they thought it would be unsafe, too. the truck of choice, which is in fact the s-10. however, that mitsubishi platform would probably be allowed if it was more like the size of the s-10

hope that helped

racing#s
03-30-2006, 01:20 PM
I ran a Dodge Ram 50 at Riverhead for a whole season (few yrs ago), and even had a win with it. It should be allowed, it was, and is a small truck. It's more than likely a model confusion issue as far as the rules. It didn't compare performance wise to the S10, the S10 was/is much better, (in my opinion).