PDA

View Full Version : Bristol

maestri fan 1
03-26-2006, 06:32 PM
How about some final thoughts for this weekends Bristol 500.

Gordon vs. Truex JR.- Martin is a rookie and was a lap down. He should have moved up the track and let the leaders by.

Gordon vs. Kenseth- Well Kenseth apologized to Gordon (or at least attempted to) and Gordon shoved Kenseth; there's a possible fine for Gordon. Kenseth handled it very fine though, hats off to him.

Also Kurt Busch- Kind of happy to see him get a win, and I'm not even a Kurt Busch fan.

Lets get some more opinions from everybody.

W. J.
03-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Typical Bristol, atypical behavior from some drivers, even after the race was over.

modified_fan
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Thank God for excitement of tracks like Bristol. Fontana and Vegas are much better when a Sunday nap is in order.

I've never been a Kurt Busch fan, but driving that 2 car somehow makes him seem 5 years older. (Maybe last year's suspension was a watershed moment for him also.) I even caught myself pulling for him when he was behind the 17 with 10 laps to go.

It was fun pulling for Schrader passing those leaders mid race in the Wood Brother's 21.

Gordon was out of line with the post race shove, but as Kennseth said.....'maybe I should have waited a little to apologize.'

Gordon also made a good point about the 1 checking up to let the 29 pull in front, before their first incident. Hopefully Truex grows from today's screw ball performance.

unowho243
03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
The gordon truex thing was great im not a fan of neither but i think truex got what was coming to him. Just another rookie thinking hes a hot shot!

I thought yesterday in the busch race the snowball fights with the fans were awesome, what other sport do u ever see that Athlete fan bond! I thought that was very cool and probably made a lot of kids day! :applause:

LongIslandJam
03-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Football, when fans were throwing snow balls at the Giants (or was it the Jets)... Oh wait... That was a bad thing... :lol:

IDRIVEALARGECAR
03-27-2006, 07:26 AM
JA, the football team at the time was terrible, and to be honest with you, I would have thrown snowballs at the Jets Also.. but you could see the fans did it in fun and not maliciously at all. I thought it was totally cool, and next year when I am there, I will see if it happens again.. Joey

W. J.
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
I agree, largecar, it was all in fun, and some driver's admitted they started it by tossing snowballs into the stands.

As for the football thing, that was because those people paid big money to sit there, and the lousy football team didn't bother to clean out their seating area. Or maybe they just wanted to see if that crappy football team could catch something smaller than a football, LOL. NFL (No Fan Luxuries), only sports organization greedier than Nascar.

TMAC
03-29-2006, 12:53 PM
just got back yesterday from bristol and once again it was a great weekend,i think they could of gotten in qualifying[at 4 on friday it was sunny but officials thought that the track wouldnt dry fast enough[how wrong they were,it was dry by 5 and then they came out with that the track was to cold[what!]it snowed sometime friday night,saturday morning[which looked by my eyes as a day of no racing[a total white out at 6 in the am] at all,but buy 9:00 am it was drying out and busch cars got some practice and maybe cup cars also but not sure]the race saturday was a first for me to see snow come down right after the race started and cover the trucks in the infield in about 10 minutes,when the snow ball fights started it was funny to see the crews nail each other pretty good but one crew guy threw one over the fence at the fans and all i thought of was that giant game,but it was all a big laugh especially when one of the 17 crew got close to the wall he got pelted big time all in good fun.couldnt believe they got the race going in 90 minutes[those jet dryers worked great in 3 full laps that place was bone dry except for pit road bristol is as they say" racin the way it outta be!" sundays race[was that great or what ]i believe the top 10 finishers in the food city 500,6 drivers went at least a lap down some by 3 and made it back into the top.truex, hey he learned from that day for sure cant mess with people at this track cause it will bite you or wipe you out[right tony stewart]kurt[never being a fan of his]was increditable[till he had to wreck matt to get by]i would say with 5 laps to go he came on his radio and told his crew'TIME TO GO"and he did just that on another note with that much action in bristol,why is there only one track like this,shoot it seats 160,000 people now, a little off of what charlotte holds[another great track to attend] could write alot about weekend, but if you ever have the chance go to bristol do so,people all over selling tickets and reasonable for us new yorkers,now summer race way to much money[my seats would sell for 900.00 a piece]
any questions you know were to write me

W. J.
03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm Not Touching That ^ :mad:

allhailunc
03-30-2006, 01:54 PM
What a thing of beauty-10,000 fine and 1 yr probation. Way to go Nascar :applause:
bout time some "cajones" were shown.

W. J.
03-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but we know Nascar's definition of probation - long probation, short Nascar memory. That's their history, talk tough, cave in at crunch time.