PDA

View Full Version : Race teams, I need your help!

EricaR
03-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Hey everyone,
As you all are gearing up for the 2006 racing season, I'm also getting ready to lace up my sneakers for a very important race, and I need your help. On April 30th, I will be walking for the March of Dimes for the third year. Last year, with the help from the drivers and fans, and promoters at Mountain Speedway, my team, Team Brayden, was one of the top money raising teams in Northeast Pa. This year, I'm hoping to be one of the top teams in the state. This race is so imortant; it is a race to save babies lives that are born prematurely. As many of you know, my son Brayden was born a month prematurely, weighing only 4 lbs 1 oz. Thankfully, he had no problems at birth and left the hospital with me 3 days later at only 3 lbs, 13 oz. He is now a happy, healthy 18 months old. Some babies are not so lucky, and spend countless days and months in the neo-natal intensive care units all over the world. Some of these babies thrive and go home shortly after birth with no long term effects, some go home months later with life long health problems, and sadly, some never go home. The March of Dimes is trying desperately to find a cure for prematurity, and all of the money raised goes directly to research, to teaching mothers to be about the things that they can do to prevent prematurity, and to families in need of financial help for their premature child. I will be collecting donations at the pay out window the first few weeks of this season, at regular Mountain shows, and at the NEETS events. I am asking for your help, please sponsor me in the walk to save babies. ANY amount is so greatly appreciated and so desperately needed. You can either write a check out directly to the March of Dimes, or give cash donations as well. Please email me and let me know if I can put your team down for a donation at luvsracin14@cs.com, or you can also donate online by visiting my personal Walk America webpage. Online you can pay by credit card or PayPal. If you own a business or think that your employer would like to make a donation or match what your donate, please ask them. I am begging you for all that you can give to this incredible organization. Thank you so much!! I hope all of you are ready to race, and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon!! Erica Reakes (transponder and points)Team Brayden 2006 Walk a Thon (http://www.walkamerica.org/personal_page.asp?si=D260916D-3E6A-421A-A307-832D31F18920&w=477234)

CJfilms
03-28-2006, 09:48 AM
so, will it count if I buy you a pair of comfy shoes???

just kiddin! You know I'll help out!

EricaR
03-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Joe,
OHHHHH!!!!!!! That's a tough one, I have a bit of a shoe fetish, so as tempting as a new pair of shoes are, I think I'll have to pass and give your donation to the lil ones!! Thanks a bunch Joe!! Erica

Geno
03-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Erica, Erica. I’ve seen you chase after people for transponders. All we need to do is have a transponder at the finish & you’ll be all set! Who mentioned the word ‘walk’?? :lol:

Seriously, just like last season, good luck & hope you raise a bunch of donations for the little ones. :applause:

EricaR
03-29-2006, 09:58 PM
:-|
Erica, Erica. I’ve seen you chase after people for transponders. All we need to do is have a transponder at the finish & you’ll be all set! Who mentioned the word ‘walk’?? :lol:

Seriously, just like last season, good luck & hope you raise a bunch of donations for the little ones. :applause:
Geno..you are so right!! HAHAHA!! Most times, I just don't want to endure the wrath of Joe :mad: , the other times, I just want to go the heck home after a LONG night at the track. Fund raising is going well, but a long way from my personal goal...c'mon guys, look at your children at night and thank God that they are healthy and strong :) , and then think of the tiniest of infants that are struggling to survive in NICU's across the country :*-( . PLEASE DONATE today. If you don't, I will pester the heck out of you when you come to get your transponders :help: :help: :help: :help: !!! HEHEHEHE!!! See you all soon! Erica