PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

BlingxBling
04-04-2006, 02:32 AM
This is to anyone who is from the LI area that has traveled to Mountain Speedway. I am making arrangements to go to Rich Johnson's wake on Wednesday. I am coming from NEPA. I obtained directions from Mapquest and already I am quite scared. I put the address of the Funeral home in, and the directions I obtained have me going I-80 to I-95 getting off of 68b toward the GW Bridge, then getting onto I-295 via exit 12 toward Throgs Neck Bridge and then merging onto Cross Island Pkwy S to I-495 E taking exit 68 toward CR-46/Wm Floyd Pkwy/Wading River/Shirley and Turn Left onto Montauk HWY/Cr-80 E, 4.4 miles and then it says End at 203 Main Street. Does Mantauk Hwy turn into Main street? Or will I have to turn onto Main Street? Anyone know of any other directions that may be better? I see SEVERAL portions tolls, I have heard the grand total for tolls can be as high as $13 each way? I would really appreciate any help that one can give me so this ride is smooth. Thank you in advance.

CIN
04-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Bling,
I am not to sure of how much the tolls are. We have EZ Pass and never paid attention to how much. But the directions are ok. Once you get off at exit 68 on the LIE 495, on the service Road the road will split stay to your right to get on Wm. Floyd Pkwy South. You have to go a ways to get to Montauk Hw, then make a left going east (on the corners of Montauk and Wm FLoyd, where you have to make the left you will see a Boston Market on your right, Pathmark Shopping Center on the right other side of the road. You will know you made the correct turn once you see Burger King) You have to travel a what seems like a ways on Montauk Hwy...all stores and such...There will be a fork in the road a way down, stay to your right. You will then go thru the town of Center Moriches. Montauk Hwy and Main Street are the same thing. It's the type of road that everytime it goes thru a town it changes to Main Street, then out of town changes back to Montauk. Screwy I know but that is the wonderful Island. The Funeral Home is right across the street from St Johns Church, which will be on your right hand side, can't miss it they made it huge...Funeral home is on the left, a white building. There will be a light on the corner.
Bling, please, please be careful driving. You need to make sure nothing happens to you and your baby.
Cin

Tracy87BB
04-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Bling,
Your directions are good, as long as you're not in a vehicle with commercial plates. If you have a pickup or something else that doesn't have passenger plates, you can't go on the Cross Island. For anyone with commercial plates, after you go over the Throg's Neck, stay in the center lane and you will go straight onto the Clearview Expressway (the signs are actually halfway decent). Then look for the sign that says 495 (LI Expressway) and get on the LIE heading east.
Rough idea of tolls (I have EZ-Pass too, so I might be off a little, as I haven't had to count out the cash for them in a while):
George Washington Bridge - $7.00 (you only pay this going one direction)
Throgs Neck - $4.50 (you pay this both directions)
I also remember there being something like a $1.00 toll coming into Pennsylvania, which I believe you only pay in one direction.
Hope this helps. To echo Cindy's sentiment, I hope everyone traveling here for our friend Rich has a safe trip.

(Oh, one thing...when you're driving down William Floyd Parkway looking for the turn for Montauk Highway...you will cross over Sunrise Highway - Route 27 - just before you get to Montauk Highway. If you go over the railroad tracks on William Floyd, you just passed Montauk Highway. You will be able to see the crossing before you go over Montauk Highway.)

unowho243
04-04-2006, 12:20 PM
thanks for the directions because Maestri fan and i plan on attending too.

Lad3der
04-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Bling,
Those are the fastest and easy for you to get there. Yes, Main Street is the same as Montauk Hwy. I think that round trip for tolls is like $15. My advice would be leave early, because going over the GW bridge and coming through the Cross Bronx does get backed up. Then you will be on 495 the Long Island Expressway (worlds largest parking lot). Rush hour on the L.I.E. starts around 4:30 and lasts to about 6:30 ish. So plan your time accordingly. Not sure where you are coming from in PA, but when I go to Mountain from my house, it takes me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and I am about a 1 1/4 hours from the funeral home, so hope that gives you an idea.

pinkswifee
04-04-2006, 06:18 PM
take LIE (county road 495) to exit 68s you will go about 2-3 miles down the road after going over a bridge ( sunrise hwy) make left at second traffic light there will be Boston market on the right side hope this will help if need any help just call (917) 754-1902 or (917) 753-8703 :)

BlingxBling
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Leaving Pennsylvania in about 10 minutes. Safe trip to everyone who is driving to LI...look out NY here I come..ready or not...and oh yes, Thank you very very very much to everyone who has helped me with the justification of these directions. It is great to have friends like you all. Lord knows I wish my trip to the Island was for a BBQ or something and not these circumstances.