PDA

View Full Version : Too quiet...

Tracy87BB
04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Man, it's been way too quiet here...I hope that's because everyone is working on their cars. It sure would be nice to see a bit higher car count this year. So, with all of the Blunderbust cars for sale in the classifieds, who is or isn't running this year? I did the handicapping for Opening Night, and I only have 20 cars eligible to be handicapped for Opening Night. Of those, there are at least 4 that I'm uncertain about whether they'll be there (i.e., the #09, the #31 and the #65 are all for sale). So, who's going to be there? Who's running a full schedule, and who's running part-time? It's been a long winter and my curiousity is getting to me...I need something to keep my mind occupied for the next few weeks (as if work and a 2-year-old aren't enough...ha ha).

art11758
04-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Since I'm still handicapping by hand, I've yet to do so. (and haven't bothered to think up a MS Works spread sheet to do it for me) I too am hoping for a slightly better car count. With two of the double point shows "early",(5/20 & 6/3) it should be an interesting season.

LongIslandJam
04-10-2006, 05:03 PM
#31 looks like a go as I got his profile in my e-mail today...

The whole BB field looks iffy. I think after practices we'll have a good idea of how it will all shake out...

Tracy87BB
04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I think anything beats the idea of a Double Point show on Opening Night, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, J.A., it seems that there could be an interesting mix this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully, it will be a bigger mix. It's sad to see that the field has thinned out to the point where they can fill a field without having to run a consi. I was a little surprised at how few drivers were at the winter meetings, but I realize that isn't always an accurate gauge of what you see when the gates actually open.

Art, if you have Excel, it's really quite simple to set up a spreadsheet for handicapping. By simply pushing all of the columns forward each week, it allows you to keep the whole season (I used to only keep the previous three weeks, and then I'd spend so much time during the offseason refiguring it...from trying to figure out who was actually there for half of the shows, to calculating the total handicapped points earned for the entire previous season).

Wheel Racing
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Does that mean you are making your Excel program available to those who have not done the work yet??? That's very nice of you :)

Tracy87BB
04-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Are you implying that you'd like me to send it to you? For the right price... :eek: Just kidding. Wheel, PM or email me.