PDA

View Full Version : Any decisions on Tire rules ?

racing#s
04-11-2006, 10:46 AM
There was confusion pertaining to the tire rules before the race, and in the tech area after the race. Most of the top five finishers, and other drivers outside the top five, including myself, were informed during the tech proceedings that as far as the tires went, "they would be allowed to keep the position they finished", but "just this time". I don't know how the tire rules left off. The last I heard was that the rules were going to be the same as Riverhead. If that's not the case, then at least a half dozen drivers have to get new tires for the next race. Has a tire rule in black & white been established yet ? Thanks in advance.... On a side note, I removed my rearview mirrors, as per the rules, then was told it was ok to have them. The rules still indicate they're not allowed. :confused:

tstiles
04-14-2006, 06:36 PM
i think it is fair to say that it is any 7 inch wide tire. a or b rating, 5 ply mud, snow. any tread wear. but 300 is the common

please someone tell me if im wrong but billy said riverhead rules....

W. J.
04-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I think, given some time, Billy himself will answer these questions, instead of having to put up with "I think that's what he said" posts! :mad: