PDA

View Full Version : Thank You! Thank You!

EricaR
04-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi all, Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank a few people...Uncle Petey, Howie and Cindy Bott, Mark Paine, Jim's Busy Bee Racing, and Flanders Automotive!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: Thank you all for your very generous donations to The March of Dimes!!!!! Also I have to thank Geno not only for his donation, but for his voice from above in the announcer's booth, reminding all in attendance how very important it is that premature birth be prevented. This walk is so important to me, and I am so very, very thankful to all of you that feel as strongly about the mission of the March of Dimes as I do. Below is my personal story, the short version, however it is both extremely sad, very personal, but ends happily. For all of you that care to read on, please understand then why this organization and raising of funds is so important to me. To those who choose not to continue, I understand. After trying for years to become pregnant, my husband and I got the wonderful news in Jan. of 2003, a typical and healthy pregnancy continued for a few months. Out of the blue, and for no apparent reason, I developed high blood pressure. I was told to monitor my BP and cut out all salt, rest, etc, and return to see him in a week, at which time, if the BP was still high, meds would be given. I didn't make it the full week. I was rushed to the hospital with extreme chest pains, and upon arrival my BP had climbed to 213/103. The next morning we recieved the news that my liver was beginning to shut down, and the baby would have to be delivered if I was to be saved. God had made the decision, and our daughter was delivered stillborn at 24 weeks...4 1/2 months early. After many millions of tears were shed by both us and our family and friends, we decided to educate ourselves about my personal medical problems, chances of recurrance, and prevention of prematurity. After much soul searching, we decided to try and become pregnant again. In Feb. of 2004, I became pregnant with my son, Brayden. Because of three very educated and big hearted doctors, preventative measures were taken with meds, and the pregnancy continued. During the pregnancy with Brayden, I gave myself 2 injections a day into my stomach, (grand total somewhere around 375!!!!!) of blood thinners, and was on 4 BP pills a day...all to prevent a premature birth. However, at 36 weeks, it was determined that he was no longer thriving or growing and that he would need to be delivered or that we would lose this child also. With the grace of God, Brayden was born at 36 weeks, one month premature weighing in at 4 lbs, 1 oz. He left the hospital with me 3 days later weighing 3 lbs 13 oz!! The research that the March of Dimes has done gives our doctors the knowledge of what medications and preventative measures should be taken so that babies world wide could be saved. However, everyday in the United States alone, more than 1,350 babies are born too soon! By taking part in Walk America, my team is helping to raise money to support the fight of premature birth. This organization is near and dear to me, as you can see why. Please find it in your hearts to donate however much you can. No amount is too small...imagine if everyone in the pits and grandstands each gave me just one dollar?!! That would be hundreds of dollars in one week. And I am only one person. This year more than a half a million people are expected to walk, if each raised as much as I can or more, think of all of the little lives that could be saved. If you are in the pits, I am the transponder hander outer!! Also the line up do-er, and your points awarder...LOL, stop by the trailer and see me or Debi if I'm not around to donate...if you are in the stands and want to donate, Joan has a donation sheet and a donation can at the photo booth, and has also been generous enough to allot a space in the program book for the next few weeks with information on how to mail me your donation. There is also a picture of a three day old Brayden in the program....check out my little cutie!! Business owners, there donations are tax deductable, your checks can be made out directly to the March of Dimes, and you can write them off come next tax season. Allow me to step off of my soap box now and thank all of you who followed through and read this long post. My God bless all of you and hug your children at least three times a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EricaMy Personal March of Dimes website.. you can even donate online through PayPal!! (http://www.walkamerica.org/personal_page.asp?si=50D81EE9-11DA-4BE4-A2EF-7546F6CB2B3B&w=477234)

richardpetey
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
It was great to drop a dime on ya, hehe.................................. :applause:
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Geno
04-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Anytime Erika. The thing is, when I mentioned it, there were about 10 people there…will definitely mention more next race day.

One thing about your story is that people tend to not think about things that could have, or didn’t happen, but only they tend to worry about those things if they do. Thanks for sharing your story. Personally, I think what you’re doing to help with the March of Dimes is great! :applause:

88racer
04-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Erica, you know me, always there to help a kid.....but guys I have to say....you need to visit Erica's site and post a message, I'm getting dizzy by my message of support being the only one going around and around by itself!

Know you have my support, not only financially but in spirit as well...Having done the 50 mile walk for MS, I know the dedication it takes to do what you're doing. Hang tough girl!

Sue Ziegler