PDA

View Full Version : Racing Themed Tavern/Club/Bar/Resturaunt

NEETS-1
04-15-2006, 01:10 PM
What do you think of a Racing themed night club close to the speedway? Do you think it would go? How is Hazleton for night spots?
I need your opinions and recommendations to see if I am interested in buying a local business.

Lad3der
04-15-2006, 03:48 PM
i like the idea. i actually think it will work

W. J.
04-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Billy, she sounds like a potential customer, listen to her, LOL! :) :) :)

NEETS-1
04-15-2006, 08:11 PM
2 miles up the road from McDonalds off 309. It will be kinda an Irish Pub w/ a racing theme...etc.

richardpetey
04-15-2006, 09:27 PM
If Pa. legalizes gambling..............You could have.............. :rolleyes:
Liquor in the front....................... :cool:
Poker in the rear........................... :applause:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

tstiles
04-16-2006, 12:21 AM
is there a kitchen in it? food? i bet it would be packed with race fans after a race nite.

nobandwagonhere
04-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Billy, I back you up on this one. Im not too familiar with how local businesses do up there but I can pretty much guarantee the NEETS crowd can pack out the house! Might not be a bad idea to rent out a couple of rooms? Bar Bed and breakfast.....or should I say....BREAK--FAST! :lol: Good luck with whatever the decision maybe!

CJfilms
04-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, first off, I believe Billy would know what would come with the territory of a bar/tavern before he'd get involved. I know for a fact that he has already done the required research before he just thought about randomly opening a bar. I've personally talked over a lot of things with Billy and even went to look at a few places. We're doing the required leg-work of the operation and looking for a place now.

...I know this because I am helping him every step of the way.

I only point this out so that everyone knows where we stand. Billy is looking for ideas on what type of bar might be successful, what themes may be better than others in the area. Keep in mind both Billy and I are not from the Hazleton area, so any info from residents would be great!!! Lisa, I know what you have to offer us, and that is fantastic, thank you very much for the help and support as always!! As for the research and all, we know what we have to do, we don't need legal advice. If Billy asks about LCB rules in the area..then yeah you can tell us all we need!

Finally, I think this is a great idea that Billy is thinking of doing. It will have a good draw for racers...after Sat. night racing and NEETS races. The theme will create a nice draw for people as well... Country, Irish, Race/NASCAR or whatever the theme may be, will draw people in. Look at any bar, what do you see??? People who want to drink. The themes will close a generation gap. If a bar would open within 5/10 mins. from the track under Billy's watch, you know he would be doing different things to accomodate to the racers and fans.

Think positive about it guys! Wouldn't it be great to have a place to eat and drink cheap after the races? How nice would it be to house the pit-parties from the NEETS races at a professional establishment every race? Or have a place that you know everyone at?...whenever you go there??

2Fast4U
04-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Uncle Petey's BACK!!!
Watch that POKER in the REAR stuff!!
Bad enough at the pit parties there are some that wear signs MADE by OTHERS - PARK IN THE REAR!!!!
GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK ONLINE UNCLE PETEY!!
Lisa

winky417
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Billy, I think it's a great idea. Go for it B. You know you'll have the support of all your racers, fans and crews. If anyone can make something like this work it's you. From what I've noticed, you put your heart and soul into every venture you make. And it shows !!!!! Good Luck with this one. You've got a definite patron here!!!!!!!! Where's the cold ones ???????? Maddawg

James White
04-16-2006, 08:50 PM
:eek: Where did that sign come from anyway ?????

Billy when you open a place you'll have to have more races so we can party more :lol:

tstiles
04-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Neets Bar and Grill where the racers hang out lol lol

richardpetey
04-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey, does that include us UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS from another planet................ :confused:
I didn't see any flags from my planet when they marched on Hazelburg................... :eek:
It ain't easy with 43 families living in the same spaceship.................. :help:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RGeeProductions
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
1. I do agree that such a response should have been passed through a PM.
2. Billy, you have a great idea here. I have been a bartender my whole life till about 5 years ago when I stopped. Most of the places I have worked were also restaurants. For the last 6 years, I have been delivering to all types of restaurants food items such as fresh meats and cheeses. Point being, I see and have seen how all types, formal, pubs, regular restaurants are run and what works and doesn't work. The 2 biggest points are: Keep food and drinks reasonably priced and the biggest key is your help. If you get the right people to handle the bar area and if food is invovled, which it should, someone capable and sensible to handle the kitchen, it will all work for customers and you, business wise. Seems lately out here, BBQ type and pub food is a big key. Ribs, chicken, pulled pork are popular now and very inexpensive food to buy and prepare, so you can't go wrong with it.
3. Different Note: Billy, sorry. Have forgotten about updating your start page and will be on it this week.