PDA

View Full Version : free enduro car

endurocrew
04-21-2006, 08:11 PM
To honor the memory of Rich Johnson and the way he always helped out his fellow enduro competitor, the '73 Cutlass stock enduro car in the 3/18/06 Jam classified ad is now being offered FREE to anyone who can use it. It wasnt the fastest out there but definitely in the top ten. Use the parts in your car or fix it up. Please, no scrap guys looking to make $$, let it go to a fellow racer. Thanks -Eric

W. J.
04-21-2006, 08:19 PM
A very nice and fitting gesture. :applause: :applause: :applause:

gzenduro12
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Peter & Eric
You guys know I run a 73' Cutlass in the Grands. The car could help me out greatly. Give me a PM or a call. Cell- 631-513-0873. Very generous of you two.
Thanks-Greg Zaleski

WEEZER
04-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey Greg, nothing personal, but I think a better way to honor Rich is to maybe let somebody who's never raced get the car and plant a new seed in our class. I think Rich would probably enjoy that more than anything else. Besides, I'm as fast as you are. I think you'll be ok!!!

Bobby Pease
04-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Hey...
I say Let Greg have it.... Hey WEEZER, there is a lot of "THINKS" in your post.. If the car is offered up and Greg can use it, let him! I know Rich didn't mind helping out others!! Besides, your post should have been a PM to Greg..
Bobby Pease

gzenduro12
04-22-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't mean to sound greedy, but spare parts for a '73 Cutlass are hard to come by. I would put the car to use the way it should be........racing.
Greg

ml13107
04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey guys,
I'm a friend of Greg's. My name is Matthew Larsen, you may even know me. I've been following the grands since the inception. I have been wanting to race with you for years, but the right opportunity has never presented itself until now. I normally reside in Salisbury MD, but since I am native to Southold, I come home for Summers....race season. I would really love the opportunity to put this car out in the field. Please post or even call me at home my phone # is 410-341-0705. Lets go Racing boys.

N.Y. racing
04-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Sounds like Greg could really use the car. I am looking to run in the Grands or 8's this season (my rookie season) but am still looking for a car and have not found one as of yet. I have a 4 cyl Grand Am as of right now but have not completed it to be "race ready" as of yet, and being I dont have a car of my own that is on the road I could throw the Grand Am on the road and use it as my daily driver. But either way is fine by me, I can understand that Greg could use the car.

ml13107
04-22-2006, 11:35 AM
The car would not be for Greg, it would be for me, a rookie looking to get into the grands. I'm looking to Race Greg with the car, not give it to him.

N.Y. racing
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
LOL. you deleted the post where Greg said he wanted it for parts??

ml13107
04-22-2006, 01:05 PM
That post is still there.

W. J.
04-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Peter & Eric
You guys know I run a 73' Cutlass in the Grands. The car could help me out greatly. Give me a PM or a call. Cell- 631-513-0873. Very generous of you two.
Thanks-Greg Zaleski
DELETED?!!! Looks to me as though it's still here.

ml13107
04-22-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't mean to sound greedy, but spare parts for a '73 Cutlass are hard to come by. I would put the car to use the way it should be........racing.
Greg
this one is also still here

N.Y. racing
04-22-2006, 02:46 PM
LOL Sorry about that, long night last night. :-| :confused: :-B

I think it would be great for you to have the car and run with your friend Greg. I know I would love for a friend to race with me.

Also I don't need the car anymore, I think Greg or his friend should get it. I just aquired a 98 Dodge Stratus for the 6 cyl class, it's a project car, due to it not running, but I'm sure I know what the problem is and it's not difficult/expensive to fix, plus I got the car for free. So I will see what I can do to get this car in some races this season. For now im just gonna finish the Grand Am to get it ready for the 4 cyl. for May 7th, who needs to drive on the road anyway?? I'd rather be racin on the track. I will see everyone there.

I want to add a cheer to 'endurocrew' for giving away this car like this, what an amazing gesture. Good luck to you and whoever gets the Cutlass. Someday I'm sure I will be racing in the Grands with all of you.

unowho243
04-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I think Greg should get it he was the first to put an offer on the table and he could honestly use it i would hate to see a great car in the hands of a rookie that might wreck it when it could go to a verteran racer like Greg. But hey it aint my car so whoever you want to give it to its your choice i think that its a very nice thing to do and whoever thought of it is a great person. Cheers to them :applause:

ml13107
04-23-2006, 09:37 AM
I also think that this is an unbelivable act of kindness and I should have said that first. I may be a rookie to the grands but I am definitely not a rookie behind the wheel of a race car. I used to run the Legands back in the day at Riverhead and Waterford SpeedBowl with D&D Motorsports. I am not saying I can't wreck, but I am not getting behind the wheel of a race car for the first time. Plus if Greg gets it you may never see it on the track as a whole car, more likely you would just see pieces of it. If you can even see the Parts he decides to use. It should go to whomever is the best to represent Racin Rich and if that is not me I can deal. I just thought that knowing how Rich felt about the Grands division, getting a new guy in would excite him and the whole Grands division.

RacinRob
04-23-2006, 03:14 PM
How bout you raffle the car off and sell tickets at the practice session this Saturday. All proceeds go to Victory Junction Gang in Rich's name?

Just an idea. Less chaos also.

unowho243
04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
another great idea

richardpetey
04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Giving the car away in honor of the spirit of Rich Johnson is a very generous gesture by Endurocrew............................. :applause:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

rockandrollcafe
04-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Guys-
I think you are all forgetting something- this is Eric's(endurocrews) act of kindness. And to top it off, he is doing it in the spirit of Rich Johnson. Instead of making suggestions on what he should do- maybe you should follow his lead and do something along the same line. Then you will have control over what gets done.

pitbull113
04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Well said rockandrollcafe and we cant forget Pete its his car too.

CIN
04-24-2006, 06:26 AM
Eric had emailed me saying that he would like to offer the car in Rich's honor to someone who would be interested in "driving" it. I was very touched by his thoughtfulness and said it was fine with me. The idea was to be that someone who might not have the means at this time to build a car, but would like to run, would be able too. So from me to all of you, let's stay with that idea. I personally do not want to hear all the bickering right now. Keep the car "whole". Let someone who wants to drive it do so.

And for those that need parts....the shop is still open....I am there Monday - Friday from 8am to 6pm....if there is something you need call me or stop by and I'll try to help find whatever you need....

CIN

RGeeProductions
04-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Very well put Cin...........