PDA

View Full Version : congrates to larry and tim

EnduroFromDE
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
The Small car race was the cleanest I've seen it in a while. There was give and take. I believe it is due to the mirrors. No more slamming the door on the driver inside of you. There were only 4 or 5 reds, not 10 like normal in the 4's. Can't say the same about the 6/8 there seemed to be red every 10 or so laps until the middle of the race was run. Congrats to all the drivers for their hard but clean racing. See you all on Memorial day. I didn't see the last 10 or so laps in the race, but I thought the 75 was leading when I left, yet finish, well, not 1st?

RJD
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Dude, what race were you in? Now granted, this was only my second race here, but I was getting slammed into everywhere and I'm not running a slow car. Sometimes getting booted in the middle of the turn gets old. I understand this is enduro racing and "rubbing is racing", but I think some people would rather run over you than pass. I thought the January race was much better.

vsmidge68
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I thought BOTH races were a little rough. I'm not complaining, but there were cars that went home T-O-R-E U-P!!

CJfilms
05-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I would have to say the same as well...

I saw a lot of bumping, but there weren't as many major problems as seen in the past. Yes...people were getting bumped and dumped, but it is an enduro as you said. But it was still a great race for the fans, there weren't any major stops in the racing, things moved quickly and the racing was intense!...in fact some might say TOO TENSE :lol:

As for Howie Bott, #75, he and Tim were battling each other for the lead when Howie got a flat with (I believe) 8 laps to go... :*-( :*-( Sorry Dr D...

One of the biggest problems of the day was racers having stalled cars and not alerting anyone to it... I think a new rule would help though: If your car stalls during a red, try to get a push start! Some of the reds were followed by another red because of stalled cars getting hit...in fact there were a few bad ones which could have been REALLY bad... I know this might slow things up a bit during reds...but in the long run will prevent possible major injuries and double reds in a single lap. ...just a suggestion.

Other than that...Congrats to Tim and Larry! Great Race!!!