PDA

View Full Version : tire ware help

EnduroFromDE
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Got good news and bad news. Good news is, I realized I've got a good top ten car now. (the same car i've always had though) Bad news: The tire wears down to nothing in 50 laps. Been starting with about 25 psi in the right front. Is that too much or not enough? Is there a type of tire better then others? Any help would be, well, helpful.

enduro13x
05-02-2006, 02:24 PM
i would definitely try more air in the tires because a normal car tire is supposed to be like 35 psi, not 25. I think the low air pressure causes rollover on the sidewalls and blows them out.

pv18
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
What side is your engine on? If the answer is right, unfortunately you will always have tire wear problems in a 100 lap race.

Send me a message with any specific questions, I would love to help.

Pat Verwys - 18

EnduroFromDE
05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
If I put more air in the right front, would this make my car push more in the turns? Is there any way to counter act this, besides to add more weight in the rear, or is that legal? Also, I was wondering if putting a wood block in the right front spring is legal. It says in the rule no heating or cutting and a one inch shim is ok. It doesn't say anything about putting blocks in the spring itself. Is this legal?

W. J.
05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Putting a wood block in the right front spring? If no other devices are allowed to be used for that purpose, why would a wooden block be okay???

richardpetey
05-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I have only driven in a couple of 4-cyl. races, so I never was able to set my car up properly....................... :eek:
But, I did learn that on FWD cars the cross-weight is not RF/LR it is LF/RR and mostly everything you do to a rear wheel drive car is opposite on a FWD unit............................ :confused:
Things like torque steer, toe-in settings, tire pressures, engine/trans. location, etc. all have a bearing on your initial set-up.................. :help:
I do know many guys are experimenting with spring swaps from one model/brand car to another.................. ;)
You should take advantage of Pat Verwys' offer to help, he has plenty of "sperience" on the subject................. :cool:
UNCLE PETEY.............. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

pappywrench
05-05-2006, 04:39 PM
No wooden blocks or spacers in the spring. The shim you are refering to is on the big cars, as to max shim in top a-frame. Also no bolted added on weight.
Talk to Pat, he'll point you in the right direction. Pappy