PDA

View Full Version : Season Might be over

RacinRob
04-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Alright so I finally got to race my truck in practice. Had a blast. Second session im pissin out smoke all over. Parked it in the pits tranny fluid all over. Hoping its just a line but im preparing for the worst. If its the tranny my season might be over. :(

unowho243
04-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Hopefully just a line bro i saw you out there truck looked a lil underpowered.

RacinRob
04-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Well its a 2.8 liter Jim, most are running the 4.3. Also it was my first time on the track in 2 years and I was trying to be respectful to the guys who are vets. The last five laps of the second session I turned it up a lil.

racing#s
05-01-2006, 11:35 AM
If, " if " it is your transmission there's a lot of places to find a replacement unit. If you can't find one on the Jam, check out craigslist.org, even ebay. I have been successful with the auto parts section of the craigslist site. Another alternative if you do need a new unit is to remove yours and give it to a tranny shop and have it rebuilt. It's much cheaper that way, and, at least you have piece of mind it's all redone internally.

art11758
05-01-2006, 12:10 PM
If you are having line troubles, IMO it's best to go with new steel lines. Buy or borrow a good tubing bender and take your time. Keep the lines away from the exhaust and try to secure them to the frame often. If 100% steel lines won't work for you for some reason, and you must have flexible stuff, use A/C hose. The same stuff that goes on the pressure side is suitable for transmission lines. Regular neoprene hose just isn't really meant for the job. Still try to use as much steel as you can though.

unowho243
05-01-2006, 01:14 PM
i left after the first practice session of enduros

RacinRob
05-01-2006, 04:59 PM
:) just a gasket see you on sunday!