PDA

View Full Version : 4/29 procedures feedback

rcp_ny
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Having the safety inspections done on the way into the pits was a great idea, and worked well from my point of view. I have to assume it was easier for the inspectors that way too.

I think the new method of checking transponders worked out pretty well too. Not everyone got the message that those weren't hot laps, but it was the first time, so we'll learn.

And the lining up by row numbers on the fence is still great, although the lineup board didn't have row numbers this time. Don't assume we can count, because you're setting yourself up for disappointment. :lol:

The show seemed to click off very well. I think the continual improvements are definitely showing. Good job everyone!

mystic1582
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I agree with your thoughts on the warm up laps...Also It gives the drivers a chance to calm down a little bit and get some of the butterflies out of their stomachs, thus eliminating a few crashes...

enduro13x
05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
I think it all went great. The line-up board could definitely need the row #'s on it. I think the practice should be considered hot laps so that the drivers can see how their cars are working and if they need to make any changes, since we dont get a normal practice. The line-up numbers on the fence is a great idea, and i also think the racing was very good. All-in-all, i had a great time racing this past weekend. Thanks to everyone who makes it all work.
Nick Shaw
Big Car #13x

miller78
05-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I was thinking on those 4 laps I could run all out to see whether my car was working right, or do we just pace out there?