PDA

View Full Version : My daughters truck

NEETS-1
05-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I know nothing of setting up these trucks. Any tricks? What can I do besides cambering out the rf tire for the next race to help her out a little. The truck is bone stock off the road.

richardpetey
05-05-2006, 08:50 PM
How about cutting down on passengers, hehe..........too much Right Side weight............................ :eek:
Start by locking that rear, last race, the LR tire spend more time in the air than on the pavement......................... :help:
Besides a little LF pos. camber and a RF neg. camber adjustment, better check those initial tire pressures................... :confused:
SO set the TOE and go................................... :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

lefty turner
05-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I've been around long enough to realize that a locked rear will give you more forward bite, but I don't understand how it will help keep the LR on the track. Granted, if it tightens the truck enough to change it from loose to a push the LR will stay planted. But, then you're just exchanging one problem for another. Pardon my ignorance, I'm no engineer. I'm not even a very good mechanic. I'm just always trying to learn.

I overheard some discussion about ride heighths were being lowered to get them to handle better. I just don't know how that can be legally done without modifying the suspension, unless it's a torsion bar truck.

richardpetey
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
You're Right! Keeping your LR on the track has very little to do with a locked rear.................... :rolleyes:
The main reason you want to lock the rear is so the differential doesn't free-wheel in the turns............................... :eek:
If you lift the LR wheel off the ground with an open rear, the differential gears will drive the wheel with the least traction.......................... :help:
Since that wheel is the LR, the RR wheel is just going along for the ride, you will have NO DRIVING wheels through the turns.................... :confused:
But if you lock the pinion drive and spider gears together, at least the RR wheel will drive you through the turn if the LR comes off the ground........................ :applause:
Hope that explains it...................... ;)
UNCLE PETEY................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

lefty turner
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok, I just misunderstood your original post. When you said "Start by locking that rear, last race, the LR tire spent more time in the air than on the pavement", I thought you meant that would somehow help the LR to stay down. I just interpreted your statement incorrectly.

Uncle Petey, you did a good job of guiding her through her first race. Fifty laps without a yellow flag is quite an introduction to racing. Now if they just moved your seat to the left rear of the bed..... :)

richardpetey
05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
THANKS but can't take any credit for helping Erin navigate that race............................. ;)
She piloted the #57 double d on three wheels all by her lonesome, hehe........... :eek:
Good idea putting the 2nd seat in the bed, wonder if we can get away with it.................................. :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
05-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Petey, if you didnt grab that wheel when I was sideways, I (or should I say you, because you were facing the oncoming traffic) would have gotten hit! THANKS PETEY. :applause: