PDA

View Full Version : Shaunfest benefit/baby shower

Geno
05-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, looks like it’s a go! Talked to Joe Callavini this morning & he said, “No problem, we need to help them out”. Of course there isn’t a date or anything set yet, just a lot of planning to do now.

Thanks to the folks who mentioned bands, you know who you are. If anyone personally knows the bands, please contact them & see when/if they are free on a Friday night in the upcoming weeks. That will be the deciding factor for the date.

If anyone would like to help out, please post something, or send me an email at gjtost@verizon.net I would like to get everyone who is interested on an email list, so we’re all informed of the happenings.

Hopefully in the upcoming days we’ll have a band list & date set.

Note: The concession stand will be open that day to help cover the expense of the clean up. I think that’s fair.

Kym, the baby item idea is really cool & we can mix that in with the benefit. Also, at the races it would be nice for the thriller drivers to hit the stands with their helmets for collection.

Off to baseball game, see ya’s tomorrow!

krt5199
05-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I Think That This Is Awesome. I Am Going To The Bank Hopefully I Can Get Out Of Work Early To Set Up The Account. That Way People Are Not Learly Of Donating The Money. You Know How Some People Are. As Soon As I Do I Will Let Everyone Know All The Information. As Far As A Date The Soon The Better Of Course But It Doesn't Have To Be Because The Expenses Are Going To Be Around For A Long Time. We Run The Neets And Are Hoping To Make The Memorial Day Race, But It Actually All Depends On Shaun's Progress. My Fiance Will Not Run Without Shaun.
Again Please Let Me Know What The Date Is So I Can Spread The Word Here At Home So All Shaun's Friends Can Come.
I Am So Glad That Shaun Has Such A Wonderful Mountain Family.
Thanks Again

krt5199
05-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Kareen Asked If Anyone Wants To Get Her Anything For The Baby She Is Registered At Babies R Us. She Has Everything That She Still Needs On There. She Is In Desperate Need Of Many Of Those Items. You Can Look Her Up Using:
Kareen Kosman Or Shaun Burd, Sciota PA, Due Date June 11
Thanks

Geno
05-08-2006, 07:51 PM
I'll try to get an email out tonight to everyone who has shown interest & wants to help out. After speaking to a few bands (hate to say it), but we might want to condiser doing this on a Sunday. There are more bigger bands willing if it's on a Sunday.

Anyway, we can figure all of that out once Mike Odwazny talks with Shaun's family about it.

Geno
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
The tentative date is Sunday, June 18th (most likely) or possibly the 25th. We’re looking at 12 noon- 6 PM. Of course that’s subject to change, but mark your calanders anyhow!!!

I know the 18th is Father's Day, but trying to work around a few schedules.

Quick question: Anyone know how I can contact EMI?? If so, shoot me an email. All the other bands (announced soon) are pretty much set. Looks like we'll have a total of six, plus DJ NEETZ, who will play while the bands switch on & off the stage. :)

vsmidge68
05-10-2006, 06:42 AM
My husband spoke with Mike last night and he said that they have already had a baby shower and have recieved most of the bigger items. Mike said the concern is the things they will need for a few months from now. I think the gift cards will be the best idea as Saun will be in the hospital for 4-6 weeks and then will be unable to work for months. I think the idea of the thriller drivers going around with their helmets is a great idea.

Racing Rebel
05-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey Geno-
Do you mean YMI the band??? We can see if we can contact them if you still didn't. Let us know.

Marissa

Geno
05-10-2006, 08:20 AM
LOL, thanks Marissa! Wow, it's amazing what typos can do :D

Yep, meant them. I haven't got a hold of them yet, so sure & thanks. :wave: