PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with items for Shaunfest!

EricaR
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone out there might be able to help out with some things that I would like to get for the baby shower aspect for the benefit. I know that the benefit is mainly for Shaun, however, I hope that any advertisement going out to the public as far as the night of the event mentions bringing along a baby item as well. So what I would like to do is find someone that can get me some LARGE STURDY cardboard boxes. I want to make a few huge wishing wells that I can put at the entrance as people walk in to put the baby items into. Also just as decorations for them if anyone might have some lace or nice artificial flowers lying around to make it pretty that would like to get rid of, I'll take whatever you have. If you are close I can make arrangements to pick up boxes, if not please email me and maybe you can bring them to the track this coming week. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Erica :wave:

#9SS
05-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Erica,

Give me a holler, I have some craft stuff and I would be more than happy to help wherever I can. I have some paints, material, some artificial flowers and more. Just let me know.

Sue :})

pv18
05-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Due to the nature of Mountain, would it be better to purchase a few of those Rubbermaid tubs. These would hold up a little better if the grass is wet or something. Let me know how many you think we need and I will pick them up before Saturday.

Pat-18

krt5199
05-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Personally I Think That The Totes Would Be A Better Idea. Then We Can Just Close Them Up And Take Them Home. Also She Will Have Totes For The Future. Just An Idea. But The Whole "wet" Thing Was A Good Point. They Have Them Pretty Cheap. Walmart And Dollar General. Just An Idea.

missmam
05-09-2006, 09:10 AM
I have some ribbon from a babyshow I just had if you want I will bring it to the track on saturday. Just tell me where to take it or I will give it to one of the Price boys.

EricaR
05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Totes are a good idea, I just think we would need too many of them. If 300 people show up at this benefit and each bring something, that's a bunch of totes!! I would also venture to guess that if it's raining that hard, not too many of the bands would want to set up their equipment, and it would be a rain out anyway! Let's keep our fingers crossed that isn't an issue that we will need to worry about! I think the box idea would be best, then after the concert, we could transfer the items from the boxes into heavy duty lawn and leaf bags, and could even somewhat sort the items out, bottles and binkies in one bag, stuffed animals in another, etc. As far as getting the items to Kareen, if we can't fit it all into one vehicle that night, things could be left at the track and locked up until they can be picked up or dropped off.

EricaR
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Due to the nature of Mountain, would it be better to purchase a few of those Rubbermaid tubs. These would hold up a little better if the grass is wet or something. Let me know how many you think we need and I will pick them up before Saturday.

Pat-18
Pat,
Forgot to thank you for the offer, how sweet of you. And yeah, you are right about Mountain weather. But the tower at Mountain will be there for us to use, there is room up there if the weather is an issue. So if you see it getting damp, and you are at the benefit, come on over to the baby drop off center and we could use your legs and back to help us carry all of it up the LONG flight of stairs!! LOL

NJ Chick
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I think Kareen is having a girl isn't she?? If so, I still have many pink bows left over from the Gale Baglio Memorial Race that we could decorate with too if you want.
:wave: :cool:

EricaR
05-09-2006, 12:18 PM
There is a 90% chance that it is a girl, so the bows would be fantastic!! Thank you! Anyone with any kind of donations could drop them off at the track in the payout office near the concession stand. If you are in the stands, just tell the person working the gate that you have a donation to drop off for the benefit and someone can come over and take them. Thank you for everyones help in putting this thing together so quickly!! Erica

BlingxBling
05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
I may have overread it somewhere, but does anyone know when this will be held, approximately? My baby shower is right around the corner, and they are 90% sure its a girl (I hope they are right, the purple room and pink accents will do wonders if its a boy), so I will have a ton of decorations and stuff that you are all more than welcome to have.

EricaR
05-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Bling,
Last I have heard we are looking for a Sunday in mid-late June. And that would be great if you could save some things. We aren't really going to go all out and decorate the whole place in pink and baby decorations, because the benefit is mainly for Shaun. But maybe if you have some things that you won't need, whatever we don't use, I will pass on to the next person that will. Thanks in advance! Erica