PDA

View Full Version : Steve Park - Most Popular Driver - Busch Series

LongIslandJam
05-10-2006, 07:27 AM
From a visitor:

I am not a registered user on your site but do view it often. As fans we pushed Steve above everyone in the truck series MPD vote and he still did not receive the honor. I have just read on his site that there is another voting for the busch series. Lets do him proud again and go to the following site to vote. www.BGNRacing.com and vote for Steve for MPD. It's on the right side of the page about halfway down, you can vote every 6 hours. Please post this on the forum. Steve deserves our support once again. He cannot catch a break. I only hope that someone (HELLO MIKEY) will give him the equipment he needs to get back to the top. Thank you.

SP FAN FOREVER.

Rich Mergl
05-12-2006, 07:20 AM
As of 5/12/06 7:23am He just took the lead

Mortgage Guy
05-12-2006, 08:13 AM
I love Steve Park just as much as everyone else and want to see him get back to where he was, but do you think voting him most popular in a series that he will at most run about 10 races is fair to the other drivers?? Do you think that will get him there?? Unfortunately I don't. If he gets a ride full time I may vote but for now I'm out :*-( . JMHO

Ace
05-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey Mortgage Guy, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wheel Racing
05-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Hey Mortgage Guy, I couldn't have said it better myself.
I second that!

Rich Mergl
05-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Thats the best we can say for a Riverhead Home Grown!
I know ,and I will consider the source of the comments.

W. J.
05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Perhaps they are all 'stung' by the lack of any acknowledgement on the last poll we supported Steve on.

Rich Mergl
05-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Walter I agree.
He was at the top of his game (TOP 10 IN POINTS) when he had his bell rung in Winston Cup.
He finished in the top 5 most popular driver in Winston Cup the next year after two owner changes. With tough competition.
He won most popular Truck Driver last year.
He took the lead today in the Busch vote.
Thank good for the rest of the USA, or is it JEALOUSY from the few Riverhead Fans, that just have to find a bit of fault in his popularity?
And my last statement; Whelen Racing is only running 10 races, not Steve.
Don't make it sound like that's all he is running.

pitbull113
05-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm still waiting for my thank you letter from Steve for voting 300 times for him last time.

Ace
05-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Rich if you read what Mortgage guy wrote he said he wants to see him get back to where he was, DOESN'T sound JEALOUS to me. Yes, Steve did GET the most votes last year, BUT NASCAR didn't give it to him, Ron Hornaday won the award. This year he is not even running 1/2 the schedule. For him to be considered for most popular driver to me is a joke. In tonight's race, he had a top 20 car, but on every pit stop he lost 10 spots. I WOULD love to see Steve get with a good team and have the sucess he had before he got hurt.

Rich Mergl
05-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Ace, I wasn't referring to Morgage Guy's comment or yours.

Turbo
05-13-2006, 11:29 AM
What comments are you talkin about then Rich? I agree with both Mortgage guy and ace, I definitely root for the guy every time he is out there and hope he can be successful. I still hope he gets a better team so it can show his talent.

Rich Mergl
05-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I shouldn`t reply on the forum to that guestion. It could get out of hand.

Mortgage Guy
05-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Rich read what you wrote in that post about all his accomplishments, they were awesome, when Steve was there every week, when in Cup before he got hurt he was a threat to win every week and he was acknowleged for that. Now he is home most of the season, and in my opinion he does NOT derserve to be, but come on, how do you vote him most popular when he won't be there. and Pitbull is right, every single person on this forum voted for him like crazy last year. Did he send a press release to the JAM to thank anyone, which is something that would have taken his PR people about 5 minutes, NO. When he goes full time I will vote for him everyday because I am a big fan. Next time you speak to him tell him to look at how much people on Long Island care but don't like to be ignored for our kindness, a little thank you would go a long way....

allhailunc
05-14-2006, 02:12 PM
He should never have been voted most popular driver last year in the trucks (not full time driver) nor should he be in The Busch series (as someone so aptly stated earlier-he's not full time, yet ballot box stuffin will propably send him toward the top) let the guys who are out there each and every week have the chance. :disgusted

RacinRob
05-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Actually allhailunc he did start the year in the trucks last year FULL time and only missed 3 races.

W. J.
05-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Let's remember he was 'full time' last year, but his ride was bought out from under him by a driver with more sponsor money, which made him part time. Typical disease of NASCAR racing these days in the support divisions: More money = driver change.

Jaws
05-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Geez, we can argue about anything in here!!! LOL

Steve has always been a popular driver since the day he started in Busch.

I don't like ballot stuffing either, but I don't think there are that many Jam fans that would swing the award to Steve. He has a lot of fans nation wide.

The award does not say most popular driver unless you don't run all the races. If he runs less that the full schedule and still wins the award, maybe it helps him in some small way get a better ride next year!!!!

Good luck Steve.

LongIslandJam
05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
FYI:

This was stated before, but this is a clear and concise summary so bear with me:

Steve Park had plans of running a full season last year, but unfortunately he lost his ride with 3 races to go.

Nevertheless on TruckSeries.com, he did earn the most votes and I believe Johnny Benson was second. Neither of them won the award, as it went to Ron Hornaday.

So I guess our votes don't matter period. I'll find out to see what the deal was and get back to you guys.