PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Set of Laps for Black Rock Speedway

Mike Fields
05-11-2006, 08:34 AM
First off, I'd like to thank everyone again for buying a lap for the SAFER race at Black Rock Speedway on July 8th. We know that there is concern about the amount of cars that are going, and we have had questions about what happens if the race doesn't come off for any reason, including a rain-out.

Let me assure you that should that happen, any and all monies collected will be promptly returned.

That being said, I had two e-mails waiting for me regarding more laps this morning when I got up and checked. For that reason, we are going ahead and selling another set of laps for the race.

We are also looking for a sponsor for the race itself. Any person / company that steps forward to sponsor the race will automatically become a SAFER sponsor, and will be displayed on SAFER's website for one year, as well as having preferred seating in the VIP Suite at Black Rock Speedway for the race.

For further info, you may contact me by e-mail or phone at the number below. Thank you.

Tower Man
05-17-2006, 08:00 AM
With the recent low car counts at Riverhead in the Figure Eights, what happens if only 5 cars show up at this race and what happens to the lap money?

Mike Fields
05-17-2006, 01:29 PM
First off, instead of the commitment of 8 drivers, we now have nine after last night's SAFER meeting.

However, if something happens where the race doesn't come off, all monies will be returned, which I've already stated in the first post above. That is possible since there is no rain date available.

All cash and checks that has been collected has already been turned into Joe Saraceno, which is why any checks made out should be made payable to SAFER.

Mike Fields
05-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I was a little bit busy this week. However, these are the second set of lap sponsors for the Figure Eight race at Black Rock Speedway, as of 5/19.

1 Karen & Ricky Miller
6 Tom Rogers Jr. & Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Long Island
7 In Memory of 'Tiger' Tom Baldwin
9 John Delavergne
10 Paul, Karen, & Michael Specht
16 Joe Saraceno
17 Victory Fleet Maintenance
23 Parts World
25 www.HeroCardStore.com