PDA

View Full Version : Format For Starting Grid

LEAD LAP
05-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Does anyone recall the format they use for determining the starting grid for the Trucks ? I thought they went by last year's points for the first 'x' number of races, then changed to inverting the filed from the finish of the previous week's results. Yet, that can't be correct, because the #1 Truck started fourth, when he should have started first by last year's points.

What will determine this week's line-up ?

Thanks.

maestri fan 1
05-12-2006, 03:12 PM
From What I Understand It's Based On Money Earned... I Could Be Wrong...

LEAD LAP
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
If that's right, how did the # 8 truck start seventh last week? There was no #8 Truck last season, and the driver was in the #10 last year.

Thanks.

fisherman
05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
hey lead lap its the same driver just different number :mad: :mad: :mad: :applause: :applause:

W. J.
05-12-2006, 06:14 PM
If that's right, how did the # 8 truck start seventh last week? There was no #8 Truck last season, and the driver was in the #10 last year.
Can you say "Owner Points?"???

racekitten
05-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Handicapping is done by driver, not the #. Trucks are handicapped the same as in all the other divisions- for the last three weeks of racing by straight up points. ie: 1st week - last 3 weeks of last year, as long as they competed in 50% races. 2nd week - last 2 weeks of last year & first week of this year, and so on...

LEAD LAP
05-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Take it easy, FISHERMAN. Just asking a question, just trying to figure out someone's answer.

Yes, I know how to say "Owner's Points", which doesn't have anything to do with it.

Thanks, Racekitten, for your answer.