PDA

View Full Version : Shaunfest; 6-18

Geno
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Mark your calendars!
Sunday, June 18th at Mountain Speedway
Cover: $10
Scheduled bands (not necessarily the order. If some can’t show, others will be added):

Nemesis
The Oz Band
Farmer's Daughter
YMI
Emily's Toybox
Monsters of Rock

Approx. times: 1-7 PM
Also- Chinese auction, featuring MANY items (NOTE: The race ready 4 cyl. enduro car will be for sale very soon for $150...keep your eyes open this coming weekend)
Dunk tank- Dunk you favorite driver/official
Small baby shower type items are also welcome (gift cards mainly)

More details to come…………

White Lightnin
05-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Will Joe Callivinni be available for the dunk tank? :lol:

The Frog Lady
05-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I am volunteering Jammin' Jim Yamelski! I just want to be the first in line! :lol:

2crew
05-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Just making sure but this is going to be open to the public right?

Geno
05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
You got it! The flyers and an official announcement will be out in a day or two. :wave: The Oz band cannot make it now, but it looks like we have another band to take their place.

2crew
05-22-2006, 04:26 PM
what about booze?

Geno
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM
The rules from weekly racing apply (grandstand rules). They are not selling beer at the track.

richardpetey
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
He doesn't wanna sell it, he wants to drink it, G-man....................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

krt5199
05-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi everyone
I wanted to let you know that Shaun really had no idea about Shaunfest. We told him about everything last night after we got home from the track. I brought him the "get well soon Shaun" sign, which he loved, and the items for Kareen, she was so suprised. After Shaun looked at the sign, he was speechless. He told me that he thought that "the track" forgot about him. That's when Kareen and I told him about the Shaunfest. I gave him the flyer and he never said a word. I told him that anyone who knows him could never forget about him. I told him that his family at Mountain really does care.
All the hard work that everyone has done will pay off. He will really appreciate it. He looks great and is doing wonderful. He is now home with Kareen waiting for the little one to arrive. Any day now. She is due on June 11th, and Shaun told her that if she has it on the day of the Pocono race, she has to name the baby after the track. lol.
I just wanted to let everyone know that Shaun and Kareen loved the things that were done at the track and Shaun can't wait to get back there. I have never seen Shaun speechless until last night. I think he knows now that people really do care, and it is not just his family.
Also, anyone that asked me to tell Shaun and Kareen they said hello, I really tried to remember everyone. They said thanks for thinking about them.

Geno
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
12:30-1:00 DJ
Nemesis 1:00pm to 1:45pm
Farmer's Daughter 2:00pm to 2:45pm
YMI 3:00pm to 3:45pm
Emily's Toy Box 4:00pm to 5:15pm
Monsters of Rock 5:30pm to 6:45pm

*All times are tentative

Thank you to everyone to has helped out so far! :applause:

Almost forgot- Any driver who would like to be in the dunk tank, let me know. So far we have a few, but let's just say one's 'jammin and the other's a Mac...more to come!

The Frog Lady
06-16-2006, 10:09 AM
I hope you all caught our Kid Rock 2/10 on the channel 13 news last night promoting Shaunfest. You did a great job Mike! I understand Channel 13 will be there on Sunday and I have WNEP channel 16 coming as well. Also in tomorrow's Citizens Voice, Times Leader, and the Standard Speaker there will be articles in promoting Shaunfest. Hopefully some of you caught the promos done on some of the local radio stations. This is shaping up to be one great event! :applause: :applause: :applause: