PDA

View Full Version : fuel cell setup

spier racing 93
05-20-2006, 03:08 PM
if you have a fuel cell with only 1 outlet fitting, can you run from the outlet(of tank) into a "tee" with having fuel sucked straight thru the tee to the engine and the other part used as a fuel return line? :confused: would it work or would something go wrong? it would be used on a 4cyl carb. mech. fuel pump car, and using a boat tank. thanks

richardpetey
05-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Hey Ty! Stop fueling around and get with the program................. :lol:
If you are using a carburetor and a mechanical pump, you'll only need one fuel inlet line................. :drool:
Even if your carb./fuel pump has a vapor recovery tank/vent line just disconnect it and plug its vacuum source at the carb..................... :rolleyes:
You would only need to run two lines from the tank if you had TBI or fuel injection with the fuel pump mounted in the tank............................ :eek:
If your fuel pump has a return line built into it you may have to plug it and see if it gives you good operating fuel pressure.................. :help:
Its a tankless job, hehe............................... :confused:
UNCLE PETEY............... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

spier racing 93
05-21-2006, 05:31 PM
haha thanks petey...i am still a newbie to the whole carb. scene. :lol:

NOW...would that work if you had an inline pump on the engine side of the "tee" for a fuel injected car? :confused:

richardpetey
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Most fuel injected cars have a return line, they also run higher fuel pressures than a carburated car.............................. :rolleyes:
If you had an external fuel pump mechanically or electrically powered in a F.I. system you would have to hook a return line to the inlet side of the pump down stream of the pressure regulator...................... :eek:
Its not that complicated, if know the exact system you are dealing with I can give you a more detailed answer.................... :confused:
UNCLE PETEY................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: